collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Did MU Dodge A Bullet When Shaka Passed?  (Read 12174 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Did MU Dodge A Bullet When Shaka Passed?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:16 AM »
Yeah it's annoying when Yukon Heisentroll starts a new thread every time.

But just report it to the mods.  Stop complaining about it.  It just makes it worse and encourages his behavior.  He's not going to change - he's getting the attention he wants. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »
Make ya a deal wadesmoron ...

I've started over 1800 threads in the last 10 years or so.  Number of times a mod has contacted me about the number of threads I started over those years ... ZERO.

If a mod wants to PM me about it, I will alter my behavior accordingly.  Until then your bitichin is actually more annoying than my threads.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:57 AM »
Make ya a deal wadesmoron ...

I've started over 1800 threads in the last 10 years or so.  Number of times a mod has contacted me about the number of threads I started over those years ... ZERO.

If a mod wants to PM me about it, I will alter my behavior accordingly.  Until then your bitichin is actually more annoying than my threads.

Hey bud, didn't you proclaim to all of Scoop that you had me on ignore?  So much for that...

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
PS Maybe try keeping a username for a while so I know not to go into threads started by you like I had been when you were Heise and we can all be happy.  You get your clicks, I don't need to read them, and you don't have to worry about me polluting your valuable 1,800+(!) threads.  When there's a new username every other week I lose track of what username you're on.

Then again, we all know that's the point.  People realize, "Hey, it's this guy!  Chances his threads have anything to do with MU basketball or with what the thread title is?  Slim.  Chances he didn't just steal the exact subject from another thread or from an article he read elsewhere?  Even slimmer.  I'll pass," and in turn your clicks go down.  Once you start to see that trend I'm sure it's time to throw people off a bit.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »
So much for da spirit of Xmas, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
For a clueless older guy like me, why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
...why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Not in any way a clueless question.

I suspect the answer will be somewhere between "gamification" and "desperate cry for attention". 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
For a clueless older guy like me, why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Nobody cares. These guys just spend too much time on the forums so they end up bickering constantly instead of keeping it on topic.

Everyone would benefit if these guys would decide to take a week long break on their own without the mods getting involved. They're starting to take the internet far too seriously.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
I remember when the whole "I do it for the clicks" thing came to be but I can't find the thread. Anyone remember that wants to help me out? That was hilarious.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »

There's only one person who cares about clicks on this site, so you'd have to ask Heise (or whichever username he's on now).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
Texas did make the NCAA tournament the last two years and has a young team this year.

Shaka took the job last year so two years ago doesn't really matter.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
Maybe, maybe not, too early to tell. But he does have one more NCAA appearance at UT than Wojo has at MU.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

This yet another example of why read comprehension is a real problem around here.

A few years ago I was critical of a lot of the titles of threads here.  I said that if I cannot figure out what you topic is about, I'm not clicking on it.  I also noted that I read only about one-third to half of the threads here.  If the title does not interest me, I don't click on it.

I then said that the title of the thread was important to get people to click on it and that I pick titles that make you want to open my threads instead of the useless crap some title their threads.

Two things since that original comment ...

Thread titles are much better now than a few years ago (when they had titles like "whoa," "what" or "next week").  I also think I'm in a minority in that I only bother with a small fraction of the threads as it seems many of your read every title and have encyclopedia knowledge of everything uttered here.

Understanding that I'm a lighting rod for criticism, that got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).  But since you guys want to have fun going after me, I thought i'd let have your little weenie standing moment.

And again, regarding the number of threads, I hate long threads as they drift off into the wilderness way way off topic.  My preference is for more focused threads shorter in length instead of long winding threads that go off somewhere completely unrelated.  Again, if I open a long thread and the last 10 post are babbling about something unrelated , I'm gone and never bothering with it again.  So, I start a new thread to get back on topic.  The problem with this is the self-appointed thought policeman Wadesidiot hijacks every single thread I start with this topic.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:12:39 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
Maybe, maybe not, too early to tell. But he does have one more NCAA appearance at UT than Wojo has at MU.

He also inherited a better team than Wojo

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
He also inherited a better team than Wojo

Perhaps, but he did inherit a roster recruited for an entirely different system than the Havoc game he runs and he has the #5 and #12 classes per 24/7.

In the end wondering if MU "dodged a bullet" is a silly question. We don't know and never will. It's a game we can play with Howland and Martin too. Wojo is here and that's that.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).

Actually, it really started because you claimed your posts were more valuable than Matt V's articles.  And yes, you were counting page views (i.e., clicks)

Go look at the page views of his threads.  Look at the page views of the other threads around his posts.

No one cares about him, just like his dead tree employer on the driveway in the morning.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
Actually, it really started because you claimed your posts were more valuable than Matt V's articles.  And yes, you were counting page views (i.e., clicks)

No, my clicks posts date well before that.

This was a different argument.  I said Matty V was not very good and his product, which comes as an auto feed on this site, was barely read (noting that Tower's game wrap gets 10 times the readership that Matty V post game wrap gets).  I said that was because it the same warmed over sport journalist crap that gets print in the paper and indicative of why the entire journalism industry is dying.

Rocky ... you can let MU82 rebut this because he likes defending the dinosaurs sinking in the tar pit.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
In before the lock.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
This yet another example of why read comprehension is a real problem around here.

A few years ago I was critical of a lot of the titles of threads here.  I said that if I cannot figure out what you topic is about, I'm not clicking on it.  I also noted that I read only about one-third to half of the threads here.  If the title does not interest me, I don't click on it.

I then said that the title of the thread was important to get people to click on it and that I pick titles that make you want to open my threads instead of the useless crap some title their threads.

Two things since that original comment ...

Thread titles are much better now than a few years ago (when they had titles like "whoa," "what" or "next week").  I also think I'm in a minority in that I only bother with a small fraction of the threads as it seems many of your read every title and have encyclopedia knowledge of everything uttered here.

Understanding that I'm a lighting rod for criticism, that got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).  But since you guys want to have fun going after me, I thought i'd let have your little weenie standing moment.

And again, regarding the number of threads, I hate long threads as they drift off into the wilderness way way off topic.  My preference is for more focused threads shorter in length instead of long winding threads that go off somewhere completely unrelated.  Again, if I open a long thread and the last 10 post are babbling about something unrelated , I'm gone and never bothering with it again.  So, I start a new thread to get back on topic.  The problem with this is the self-appointed thought policeman Wadesidiot hijacks every single thread I start with this topic.

You referenced how many views your threads had as compared to other threads that were not started by you.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
You referenced how many views your threads had as compared to other threads that were not started by you.

Nope, you're conflating/confusing that with my Matty V criticism like Rocky did above.

Two separate arguments.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »
this is getting out of hand haha. We need a scoop conference this summer. A cook out where we all hold hands and sing cute songs.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
UT printed a bunch of t shirts saying "Smart & Strong"....soon they may be ironic collector items
TAMU....will you counter with a shirt saying "Teasips arent Smart or Strong" ? lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
Nope, you're conflating/confusing that with my Matty V criticism like Rocky did above.

Two separate arguments.

Yes, and it worked ... which is why I'm one of the most important posters here

You're welcome

If you say so!

MVP(oster)!  MVP(oster)!  MVP(oster)!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:59:46 PM by wadesworld »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
We should give the bickering posters their own sub-board where all they do is start threads and then complain about threads being started so the rest of us can have a forum about MUBB again.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »
We should give the bickering posters their own sub-board where all they do is start threads and then complain about threads being started so the rest of us can have a forum about MUBB again.

Good idea ... we can call is Wadesworld