[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Did MU Dodge A Bullet When Shaka Passed?  (Read 12176 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Did MU Dodge A Bullet When Shaka Passed?
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
Texas just lost to Kent State at home ... Kent State!  A holiday buy game!!!

Texas finished their non-conference schedule 6 - 6

They also lost to Northwestern by 19!

And no, this was not a rebuilding season.  They were ranked #21 preseason and predicted to finished second in the Big 12 behind Kansas.

Sum it up and a disaster is unfolding in Austin.

So, was MU lucky that Shaka's wife did not want to move to Milwaukee?  Is Texas "stuck" with him?

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Did MU Dodge A Bullet When Shaka Passed?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 08:04:19 PM »
NU is good, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 08:08:12 PM »
NU is good, ai na?

Ok, they might be ...

Texas also lost to Texas Arlington (UT's UWM)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »
What's your opinion?

I know i just added to your click total but please, FFS , start threads with both the question and your opinion.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
do they have a "'scoop'?  it's gotta be buzz'in, 'ey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »
Any coaching hire is a dice roll.  He had the track record any major program would want.  His team is off to a slow start.  Do you think he is not the long term answer?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:09 PM »
Buzzer to texas, hey?
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
It's one thing to get all butthurt about people getting butthurt that you started a new thread that already had a thread of its own when it has to do with Marquette basketball. It's another when it has to do with Texas basketball and there is already a thread for that topic and the topic has already been discussed in that thread. We don't need a new topic for every game Texas loses because we once thought we might sign their coach to be our coach.

Can't wait for all the Cuonzo topics for every Cal loss.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »
So you are saying we can expect  'Did MU dodge a bullet by not offering Ben Howland' thread as well as 'Was Cuonzo a better choice' threads in the future?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
Oh and the other thread is only 2 pages long so you should be safe to read it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »
Texas also lost to Texas Arlington (UT's UWM)

To be fair, UT Arlington was a preseason top 75 team per KenPom. They are 63 in KenPom now. In addition to their win over Texas, they also won at St. Mary's, a preseason top 20 team.

I don't think UWM ever reached those levels.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
To be fair, UT Arlington was a preseason top 75 team per KenPom. They are 63 in KenPom now. In addition to their win over Texas, they also won at St. Mary's, a preseason top 20 team.

Well, UWM did reach the Sweet 16 in 2005. Some might opine that's even more impressive than a December victory over St. Mary's.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
So you are saying we can expect  'Did MU dodge a bullet by not offering Ben Howland' thread as well as 'Was Cuonzo a better choice' threads in the future?

I agree we don't need a new thread every time Texas loses. But neither Cuonzo nor Howland was our Bo Derek.

On a scale of 1-10 as Buzz's replacement, Shaka was a 10. Nobody else was prettier than 5 in this board's collective eye. Wojo probably wasn't even a 3.

I, for one, will admit to having a slight feeling of schadenfreude whenever Texas loses, offering proof that Shaka isn't some miracle worker.

He had an incredible Final Four run at VCU; every year after that, including his first season and a third at Texas, his teams underperformed a little more.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »

UW-M under Bruce Pearl was very good. Pretty routinely ranked in the 40-75 range.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »
Well, UWM did reach the Sweet 16 in 2005. Some might opine that's even more impressive than a December victory over St. Mary's.

I am one of those who don't believe the tournament means much about the actual quality of a team. Some might even call it a crapshoot. I wouldn't take it that far though...

UW-M under Bruce Pearl was very good. Pretty routinely ranked in the 40-75 range.

I honestly couldn't have guessed what they were ranked. I always remember them being that pesky Horizon team that occasionally won the conference tournament and got to play in the Big Dance.

My main point wasn't about how bad UWM is. It was that this particular UT-Arlington team is a better loss than you might expect.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:07:31 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
I am one of those who don't believe the tournament means much about the actual quality of a team. Some might even call it a crapshoot. I wouldn't take it that far though...

I honestly couldn't have guessed what they were ranked. I always remember them being that pesky Horizon team that occasionally won the conference tournament and got to play in the Big Dance.

My main point wasn't about how bad UWM is. It was that this particular UT-Arlington team is a better loss than you might expect.

UT-A is a better loss than I thought. But this isn't about that loss. It's about Shaka's body of work so far at Texas. Losing at home to UT-A is only part of that. So is losing at home to Kent State and getting crushed twice in the same Brooklyn tourney we won last season.

So far, I'm not seeing how Shaka's second season at Texas is as good as Wojo's second season at Marquette was. It's still early, though, so we'll see!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »

I mistakenly (but innocently) brought up the name Bruce Pearl over Christmas dinner in the presence of four University of Illinois alumni (including the host, my sister), and you would have thought I presented a cowpie for the dessert contribution.
The vitriol still reserved for Pearl by those people was more entertaining than the political arguments my sister feared.
When they broke out the Pictionary later that evening, every first guess by me was always "Bruce Pearl!".
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
I mistakenly (but innocently) brought up the name Bruce Pearl over Christmas dinner in the presence of four University of Illinois alumni (including the host, my sister), and you would have thought I presented a cowpie for the dessert contribution.
The vitriol still reserved for Pearl by those people was more entertaining than the political arguments my sister feared.
When they broke out the Pictionary later that evening, every first guess by me was always "Bruce Pearl!".

LOL When it comes to Illini fans, they have a special build-up of hate for Pearl.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »
I have to admit, I was pretty fired up for Shaka at the time. One thing that worried me though was he never won a regular season conference title. He had some talented teams in a conference that wasn't super strong. I also think we would have gotten "Shaka to..." rumors every year.

I think he would have brought some quality recruits here and our rebuild wouldn't be as drastic. He may have been able to keep a few recruits too. I'm happy with Wojo though and hoping we can get over the hump and have sustained success.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 06:32:22 AM »

No because MU never offered those two the position

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 06:36:26 AM »
Any coaching hire is a dice roll.  He had the track record any major program would want.  His team is off to a slow start.  Do you think he is not the long term answer?

Slow start?

Preseason #21 is now 6-6 in non-conference and just lost to Kent State at home.

If I was describing MU your post game notes would be describing this season as a F**king disaster unfolding.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 06:43:26 AM »
Oh and the other thread is only 2 pages long so you should be safe to read it.

I stopped reading it when they wandered off into talking about Hillary's pantsuits

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »
I agree we don't need a new thread every time Texas loses. But neither Cuonzo nor Howland was our Bo Derek.

On a scale of 1-10 as Buzz's replacement, Shaka was a 10. Nobody else was prettier than 5 in this board's collective eye. Wojo probably wasn't even a 3.

I, for one, will admit to having a slight feeling of schadenfreude whenever Texas loses, offering proof that Shaka isn't some miracle worker.

He had an incredible Final Four run at VCU; every year after that, including his first season and a third at Texas, his teams underperformed a little more.

Well said

Some of the same posters complaining about this thread were peeing in their pants excited at possibly getting Shaka.  Now its non-news he taking a preseason ranked team to the worst non-conference record in the Big 12.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 07:35:06 AM »
Texas did make the NCAA tournament the last two years and has a young team this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2016, 07:56:46 AM »
Well said

Some of the same posters complaining about this thread were peeing in their pants excited at possibly getting Shaka.  Now its non-news he taking a preseason ranked team to the worst non-conference record in the Big 12.

Nope.  It's just news that has already been broken and has its own thread.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:16 AM »
Yeah it's annoying when Yukon Heisentroll starts a new thread every time.

But just report it to the mods.  Stop complaining about it.  It just makes it worse and encourages his behavior.  He's not going to change - he's getting the attention he wants. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »
Make ya a deal wadesmoron ...

I've started over 1800 threads in the last 10 years or so.  Number of times a mod has contacted me about the number of threads I started over those years ... ZERO.

If a mod wants to PM me about it, I will alter my behavior accordingly.  Until then your bitichin is actually more annoying than my threads.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:57 AM »
Make ya a deal wadesmoron ...

I've started over 1800 threads in the last 10 years or so.  Number of times a mod has contacted me about the number of threads I started over those years ... ZERO.

If a mod wants to PM me about it, I will alter my behavior accordingly.  Until then your bitichin is actually more annoying than my threads.

Hey bud, didn't you proclaim to all of Scoop that you had me on ignore?  So much for that...

::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
PS Maybe try keeping a username for a while so I know not to go into threads started by you like I had been when you were Heise and we can all be happy.  You get your clicks, I don't need to read them, and you don't have to worry about me polluting your valuable 1,800+(!) threads.  When there's a new username every other week I lose track of what username you're on.

Then again, we all know that's the point.  People realize, "Hey, it's this guy!  Chances his threads have anything to do with MU basketball or with what the thread title is?  Slim.  Chances he didn't just steal the exact subject from another thread or from an article he read elsewhere?  Even slimmer.  I'll pass," and in turn your clicks go down.  Once you start to see that trend I'm sure it's time to throw people off a bit.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »
So much for da spirit of Xmas, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
For a clueless older guy like me, why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
...why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Not in any way a clueless question.

I suspect the answer will be somewhere between "gamification" and "desperate cry for attention". 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
For a clueless older guy like me, why does anyone care how many clicks they get or if they started a thread?  Seriously, I don't get it. I could see if you own the site and want page/ad views.  But otherwise, what is the value?

Nobody cares. These guys just spend too much time on the forums so they end up bickering constantly instead of keeping it on topic.

Everyone would benefit if these guys would decide to take a week long break on their own without the mods getting involved. They're starting to take the internet far too seriously.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »
I remember when the whole "I do it for the clicks" thing came to be but I can't find the thread. Anyone remember that wants to help me out? That was hilarious.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »

There's only one person who cares about clicks on this site, so you'd have to ask Heise (or whichever username he's on now).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
Texas did make the NCAA tournament the last two years and has a young team this year.

Shaka took the job last year so two years ago doesn't really matter.
TAMU

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
Maybe, maybe not, too early to tell. But he does have one more NCAA appearance at UT than Wojo has at MU.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

This yet another example of why read comprehension is a real problem around here.

A few years ago I was critical of a lot of the titles of threads here.  I said that if I cannot figure out what you topic is about, I'm not clicking on it.  I also noted that I read only about one-third to half of the threads here.  If the title does not interest me, I don't click on it.

I then said that the title of the thread was important to get people to click on it and that I pick titles that make you want to open my threads instead of the useless crap some title their threads.

Two things since that original comment ...

Thread titles are much better now than a few years ago (when they had titles like "whoa," "what" or "next week").  I also think I'm in a minority in that I only bother with a small fraction of the threads as it seems many of your read every title and have encyclopedia knowledge of everything uttered here.

Understanding that I'm a lighting rod for criticism, that got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).  But since you guys want to have fun going after me, I thought i'd let have your little weenie standing moment.

And again, regarding the number of threads, I hate long threads as they drift off into the wilderness way way off topic.  My preference is for more focused threads shorter in length instead of long winding threads that go off somewhere completely unrelated.  Again, if I open a long thread and the last 10 post are babbling about something unrelated , I'm gone and never bothering with it again.  So, I start a new thread to get back on topic.  The problem with this is the self-appointed thought policeman Wadesidiot hijacks every single thread I start with this topic.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:12:39 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 12:09:48 PM »
Maybe, maybe not, too early to tell. But he does have one more NCAA appearance at UT than Wojo has at MU.

He also inherited a better team than Wojo

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
He also inherited a better team than Wojo

Perhaps, but he did inherit a roster recruited for an entirely different system than the Havoc game he runs and he has the #5 and #12 classes per 24/7.

In the end wondering if MU "dodged a bullet" is a silly question. We don't know and never will. It's a game we can play with Howland and Martin too. Wojo is here and that's that.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).

Actually, it really started because you claimed your posts were more valuable than Matt V's articles.  And yes, you were counting page views (i.e., clicks)

Go look at the page views of his threads.  Look at the page views of the other threads around his posts.

No one cares about him, just like his dead tree employer on the driveway in the morning.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
Actually, it really started because you claimed your posts were more valuable than Matt V's articles.  And yes, you were counting page views (i.e., clicks)

No, my clicks posts date well before that.

This was a different argument.  I said Matty V was not very good and his product, which comes as an auto feed on this site, was barely read (noting that Tower's game wrap gets 10 times the readership that Matty V post game wrap gets).  I said that was because it the same warmed over sport journalist crap that gets print in the paper and indicative of why the entire journalism industry is dying.

Rocky ... you can let MU82 rebut this because he likes defending the dinosaurs sinking in the tar pit.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
In before the lock.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
This yet another example of why read comprehension is a real problem around here.

A few years ago I was critical of a lot of the titles of threads here.  I said that if I cannot figure out what you topic is about, I'm not clicking on it.  I also noted that I read only about one-third to half of the threads here.  If the title does not interest me, I don't click on it.

I then said that the title of the thread was important to get people to click on it and that I pick titles that make you want to open my threads instead of the useless crap some title their threads.

Two things since that original comment ...

Thread titles are much better now than a few years ago (when they had titles like "whoa," "what" or "next week").  I also think I'm in a minority in that I only bother with a small fraction of the threads as it seems many of your read every title and have encyclopedia knowledge of everything uttered here.

Understanding that I'm a lighting rod for criticism, that got spun into I'm seeking clicks or counting clicks (which is not possible).  But since you guys want to have fun going after me, I thought i'd let have your little weenie standing moment.

And again, regarding the number of threads, I hate long threads as they drift off into the wilderness way way off topic.  My preference is for more focused threads shorter in length instead of long winding threads that go off somewhere completely unrelated.  Again, if I open a long thread and the last 10 post are babbling about something unrelated , I'm gone and never bothering with it again.  So, I start a new thread to get back on topic.  The problem with this is the self-appointed thought policeman Wadesidiot hijacks every single thread I start with this topic.

You referenced how many views your threads had as compared to other threads that were not started by you.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
You referenced how many views your threads had as compared to other threads that were not started by you.

Nope, you're conflating/confusing that with my Matty V criticism like Rocky did above.

Two separate arguments.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »
this is getting out of hand haha. We need a scoop conference this summer. A cook out where we all hold hands and sing cute songs.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
UT printed a bunch of t shirts saying "Smart & Strong"....soon they may be ironic collector items
TAMU....will you counter with a shirt saying "Teasips arent Smart or Strong" ? lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
Nope, you're conflating/confusing that with my Matty V criticism like Rocky did above.

Two separate arguments.

Yes, and it worked ... which is why I'm one of the most important posters here

You're welcome

If you say so!

MVP(oster)!  MVP(oster)!  MVP(oster)!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:59:46 PM by wadesworld »

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
We should give the bickering posters their own sub-board where all they do is start threads and then complain about threads being started so the rest of us can have a forum about MUBB again.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »
We should give the bickering posters their own sub-board where all they do is start threads and then complain about threads being started so the rest of us can have a forum about MUBB again.

Good idea ... we can call is Wadesworld

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2016, 01:02:52 PM »
Rocky ... you can let MU82 rebut this because he likes defending the dinosaurs sinking in the tar pit.
And you were the douche royale that stole MattyV's content and attempted to pass it off as your own while simultaneously using this same argument, i.e., print journalists are dinosaurs and therefore worthless, to justify it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 01:08:38 PM »
And you were the douche royale that stole MattyV's content and attempted to pass it off as your own while simultaneously using this same argument, i.e., print journalists are dinosaurs and therefore worthless, to justify it.

Bingo.

Therein lies the problem.  And he still doesn't understand what the issue was/is.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »

Right ... print journalism is dead, just wait for the time of death to be called.

And wrong, I was criticized for my style of including a link and copying and pasting the text in the post.  The mods told me to stop it and I have not done it since.

Again, I get it, I'm a lightening rod and you want/need me to be the Devil. Whatever makes you feel better.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2016, 01:11:32 PM »
Bingo.

Therein lies the problem.  And he still doesn't understand what the issue was/is.

The problem is you hijacking every single thread and turning it into this subject.

You don't get they think you're as big a douche for this is over and over for almost two years now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:13:05 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:49 PM »
The problem is you hijacking every single thread and turning it into this subject.

You don't get they think you're as big a douche for this is over and over for almost two years now.

Uh, what?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »
And wrong, I was criticized for my style of including a link and copying and pasting the text in the post.  The mods told me to stop it and I have not done it since.
You were criticized for repeatedly arguing that it was perfectly acceptable to steal content and claim it as your own because print newspapers are declining.  And you still don't get it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »
You were criticized for repeatedly arguing that it was perfectly acceptable to steal content and claim it as your own because print newspapers are declining.  And you still don't get it.

Nope, I also included the link.  In fact you guys criticized the format I used.

I still think it was ok, as it is regularly done the same way in the blogsphere and on Facebook.  You guys decided you did not like it so I changed because I was asked by a Mod.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
Gotta wait 5 years ta judge, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2016, 02:40:57 PM »
UT printed a bunch of t shirts saying "Smart & Strong"....soon they may be ironic collector items
TAMU....will you counter with a shirt saying "Teasips arent Smart or Strong" ? lol

Don't need to. Their actions speak louder than our words ever could
TAMU

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »

+1, everyone's a douche.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2016, 05:46:49 PM »

I love it when the mods jump into threads

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
   i get it-so a click is kinda like a "made ya look" or, let's go check if keef'er put up some more nekid broad pics 'ey fellas?  8-)
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »
Shaka passed? Damn you 2016!

#RIPshaka

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 09:08:39 PM »
I love it when the mods jump into threads

Mods are people too (and really, MU fans first) :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 10:28:42 PM »
No, my clicks posts date well before that.

This was a different argument.  I said Matty V was not very good and his product, which comes as an auto feed on this site, was barely read (noting that Tower's game wrap gets 10 times the readership that Matty V post game wrap gets).  I said that was because it the same warmed over sport journalist crap that gets print in the paper and indicative of why the entire journalism industry is dying.

Oh Smuggles ... you're so cute when you're claiming to know everything about everything.

Which is always. So you're always so cute. Congrats!

BTW ... when's that big market crash coming?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2016, 08:19:29 AM »
Oh Smuggles ... you're so cute when you're claiming to know everything about everything.

Which is always. So you're always so cute. Congrats!

BTW ... when's that big market crash coming?

Change cannot be pretty at times, you can stay in the tar-pit with the useless dinosaurs or crawl out and evolve.

No reason to celebrate the WP sucked more people into a life of heartache and misery.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2016, 12:46:51 PM »
Mods are people too (and really, MU fans first) :)

#ModLivesMatter
Maigh Eo for Sam

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
Come for the MUBB content, stay for the inevitable derailment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »
How 'bout that Shaka, eh?

feedback