'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Refs  (Read 2421 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Refs
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »
Great win .. and I don't think the game outcome was changed one way or the other, but the refs were just horrendous (both ways) today.   Lots of blatant no-calls, some close, some egregious.   Both ways.

And who ever heard of a Technical being reversed?  In the end, I agree "they got it right" .. but that doesn't absolve the ref from getting it wrong in the first place.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
Re: Refs
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
Great win .. and I don't think the game outcome was changed one way or the other, but the refs were just horrendous (both ways) today.   Lots of blatant no-calls, some close, some egregious.   Both ways.

And who ever heard of a Technical being reversed?  In the end, I agree "they got it right" .. but that doesn't absolve the ref from getting it wrong in the first place.

so that's what all the hubbub was about between the two coaches/refs?  I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Also... did Rel only take 1 technical shot or two?  If he only took 1, is that why? 

I thought it was one of the stranger finishes of a MU game.... i am exuberant over the result, but still, very strange.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:45:19 PM »
Haha you should see the Missouri Valley refs...

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

so that's what all the hubbub was about between the two coaches/refs?  I couldn't figure out what was going on.  Also... did Rel only take 1 technical shot or two?  If he only took 1, is that why? 

I thought it was one of the stranger finishes of a MU game.... i am exuberant over the result, but still, very strange.
I believe Jerel's 2 free throws were on the first technical on Huggins.  The second technical was called for WVU having 6 men on the floor, which the refs decided was incorrect after some discussion (or that's what the tv guys said after returning from commercials, anyway).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

He took two. Missed the first, made the second.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »
Jerel hit 1 of 2 shots on the first technical, I think. The second technical was rescinded.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »
I can't remember a technical foul being rescinded before.
"We have the blues on the run!"

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »
Never thought i'd say this, but Burr was EASILY the best ref out there today.  The other 2 guys were absolutely brutal. 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
I believe Jerel's 2 free throws were on the first technical on Huggins.  The second technical was called for WVU having 6 men on the floor, which the refs decided was incorrect after some discussion (or that's what the tv guys said after returning from commercials, anyway).

that is correct. Burr, upon coming up the floor initially T'd up number 45 for WV for ineligibly being on the floor. However, he was checked in and the 5th man on the floor. From the corner of the student section, he was positioned that it looked like he was only half on the court which is why I can see why the technical was mistakenly called.

Pardner

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »
I can't remember a technical foul being rescinded before.

Didn't TC talk Higgins out of a T on Jerel (would have been his 5th personal) in the BET last year?  Today's was the right call.

Big East Warriors

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
I remember one being taken back against us during the BEAST Tourny in NYC. I believe it was last year (perhaps against Pitt?) when Higgins gave McNeal a Technical while he was on the bench for talking back to him (when he was actually cheering). Crean chewed him out and it was essentially reversed when Higgins realized there was a misunderstanding and gave the team a warning to stay seated.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
I remember one being taken back against us during the BEAST Tourny in NYC. I believe it was last year (perhaps against Pitt?) when Higgins gave McNeal a Technical while he was on the bench for talking back to him (when he was actually cheering). Crean chewed him out and it was essentially reversed when Higgins realized there was a misunderstanding and gave the team a warning to stay seated.

yeah, that sounds familiar.... i was there, I should remember  ::)

feedback