[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lazar has flu  (Read 2874 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Lazar has flu
« on: January 10, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »
I heard on the radio that Lazar has the flu and was on IV up until the game started and he is back on it now.  He did well for having the flu I would say.

tower912

• All American
Re: Lazar has flu
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »
Who was posting in the gamechat that Zar doesn't show up in big games?   Now we know why.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
I could tell that something was up by the way he was playing. If only there were other big men on the team so he didn't need to play 30 minutes today.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
No one said that, they said he always shows up against worse teams and can struggle sometimes vs the better teams (pretty much last year only).

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 01:50:17 PM »
Buzz just said in his press conference Lazar is sleeping in the locker room right now. Said he'll be fine by next game. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »
Buzz just said in his press conference Lazar is sleeping in the locker room right now. Said he'll be fine by next game. 

Haha I wonder what he would sleep on?  One of those massage bed type things?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »
Thing is, Lazar didn't really play that poorly.  I watched him a lot in the second half and along with getting rebounds, he kept the ball alive a bunch of times.  WVU is a great offensive rebounding team and he held his own.  He still lead the team in rebounds and played 29 minutes despite the flu.  Bravo 'Zar.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
I talked to my dad, and he noticed Lazar would grab a jacket and put it on the second he got to the bench.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
Thing is, Lazar didn't really play that poorly.  I watched him a lot in the second half and along with getting rebounds, he kept the ball alive a bunch of times.  WVU is a great offensive rebounding team and he held his own.  He still lead the team in rebounds and played 29 minutes despite the flu.  Bravo 'Zar.

Agreed. I think he played well, especially given how physical the game was. (7 points, 9 boards)

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:18:23 AM »
Very, very tough on Lazar's part to be that effective despite playing with the flu!  I expected a Buzz chat to praise Lazar tio have played a complete game, every minute he was in, and having respectable despite being relatively out of the focus.  I thought his game was about playing very well despite not meshing into the rotation, but still having a good game by most standards.  For playing sick, it says even more about Lazar and his toughness.  Good for him, hopefully with a week off he's allowed to take it easy, and get well soon!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
Yeah who was that who said Lazar stunk the last game?  Probably some stumblebum who didn't realize that he had the flu.

Hey Ward, something's wrong with the Beaver!!!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »
It looked like after the game Dom went over to Lazar, gave a hug and said something to him.  It reminded me of Pippen carrying a flu ridden Michael Jordan off the court against the Jazz.  Granted Lazar looked much healthier than Jordan did.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »
yea i saw DJ do that and was wondering what it was all about. Just another reason why dominic is such a great player and teammate. Im sure most guys love having the kid as a teammate

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
It looked like after the game Dom went over to Lazar, gave a hug and said something to him.  It reminded me of Pippen carrying a flu ridden Michael Jordan off the court against the Jazz.  Granted Lazar looked much healthier than Jordan did.

Exactly what I thought too.  There was quite a bit of bromance goin' on at the end of the game, not just with DJ and Lazar, but DJ and Jerel pretty much walked the ball up together with their arms around each other.

Naw, not knocking the guys, obviously.  It's great to see that they have lots of love for each other.  (no homo)

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »
Jerry Seinfeld:  Not that there's anything wrong with that.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

feedback