[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: For you Corey Hart fans  (Read 2949 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
For you Corey Hart fans
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
Took my son to the Homerun Derby tonight, grabbed a few shots of him swinging.  After round 1, it looked like he would waltz to the final, but his goose egg in the 2nd round killed him.

Benny B

• All American
Re: For you Corey Hart fans
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »
His trade value peaked in Round 1.  The Crew needs to deal him NOW... it's all downhill from here.

(I like Corey Hart, I pull for Corey Hart, but Corey Hart is Corey Hart... as they say in Bowling Green, "ain't nothing be changin' him now.")
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »
My namesake from the Milwaukee Brewers should be blasting my song from the PA at Miller Park before every at bat.  I wrote and recorded "Sunglasses at Night" in the summer of 1983...I just turned 21...I was working in what was at the time my musical mecca, England. Eric Clapton had just played dobro guitar on one of my songs and I was hanging out at Pete Townsend's house chatting with him about the best London studio rooms and his favorite vocal mic pre-amps...cool...Heady times for a kid from Montreal with a dream ......So "Sunglasses at Night" was my first ever single from my debut album "First Offense"...It was a last minute addition to the disc...After it was released in November 1983, my life and the world around me changed forever.A major hit song was born, International success...cool....Was it the melody? or the lyric? Was it the video driven imaging? Luck of the draw or simply the sound of the times?...I suppose it was all of the above and none at all....From Bob Hope to Wyclef Jean the song struck a chord and understanding this alchemy remains mystery to us all...

-Corey Hart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »
Yep, shot his load in round 1.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
I think the home run derby was really just predicting Corey Hart's future: Great 1st half, non-existent 2nd .

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »
Well he won't be a brewer for much longer.

miamiflashfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »
Well he won't be a brewer for much longer.

I don't know about that.  I can't remember the last time Melvin traded high.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »
this might be a dumb question, but the Giants value Bumgarner much more than Sanchez, right?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »
this might be a dumb question, but the Giants value Bumgarner much more than Sanchez, right?

1) Sanchez's ERA coming into this year was right around 5.
2) Sanchez is 7 years older.
3) Bumg is under club control for at least the next 6 seasons.  I believe Sanchez is eligible for free agency in another year or two.

Even if Bumg is still making the most of his rookie-honeymoon as a pitcher, if SF believes he's going to be at least as good as Sanchez over the next five years (which you have to think they do), then #3 alone makes this guy much more valuable.

That being said... I could see the Brewers and SF trading Hart & Bush for Bumg & a prospect or two.  SF probably doesn't want to give up a young starting pitcher, but Bumg is unproven & if they decide this is their year, they need more offense if they want emerge from the logjam in the NL West.  Corey Hart would be a good numbers replacement for Burrell in their outfield, and you simply move Huff from RF to LF to make that happen.

And don't discount Dave Bush's trade value right now.  He's on a roll right now, not to mention he has more playoff wins in the last four years than SF's entire rotation combined.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:39:53 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
I would do that in a heartbeat.  Bumg is going to be a 2-3 starter for quite a few years.  Thats a good point on Bush's trade value, but if he is the difference between getting Sanchez and getting Bumg, he is definitely worth tossing into any deal.  That gives you Yo - Wolf - Bumg - X - Narveson likely for next year.  And all but Wolf project pretty well and will be around for awhile.  If Narveson can get over his first inning troubles, that is a rotation that will keep the brewers in most games.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »
I would do that in a heartbeat.  Bumg is going to be a 2-3 starter for quite a few years.  Thats a good point on Bush's trade value, but if he is the difference between getting Sanchez and getting Bumg, he is definitely worth tossing into any deal.  That gives you Yo - Wolf - Bumg - X - Narveson likely for next year.  And all but Wolf project pretty well and will be around for awhile.  If Narveson can get over his first inning troubles, that is a rotation that will keep the brewers in most games.

I can't see the Brewers trading for Sanchez.  He would be a short-term solution to a long-term problem.  Fielder, Hart, Weeks & Bush should, individually or in some sort of a combination, be traded for someone they can pair with Yovani on the front end of the rotation for the next few years... not necessarily a shutdown guy, but someone who is or can develop into a #2 or solid #3 pitcher.  Unfortunately, Wolf is showing some Suppan-esque signs, so hopefully he breaks out of that soon... otherwise, their only hope is to find a parallel universe and bring the Evil Yovani back to Good Milwaukee.