'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 168822 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Diamond
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2015, 11:19:11 PM »
This is pretty much why I don't post very much on the board. I'd guess many other stay away as well. Guys are constantly calling other guys out for passing along info they heard. Who's your source? You don't have a source. You're making this up. Who did you hear this from, your brother's roommate's friend's little sister?  Guys going back, reworking timelines. Geezus. Chicos' timeline on Sharma was exactly as I had heard it -- he was a lock. All signs pointed that way. I know guys who talk daily with the UW staff -- they all thought he was a lock. Then he fell in love with Stanford and he changed his mind. UW was absolutely "blindsided" -- that is the word that was used. Big F'n deal. Chicos said Mayo was on the outs even while Wojo was seemingly welcoming him. I've got about 8 pretty good high-level sources of info for MU and WI bball. That isn't to be a c*ck measuring statement, it's just a fact. But reading stuff like this just makes me never want to share intel at all. I knew Noskowiak asked for his release the day it happened, but instead of sharing it here, I just shared it with the "under board" -- I PMed Sultan, Keefe and a few others. Then it happened two weeks later. If it wouldn't have happened, and I had shared it -- I'm a douche, I have no contacts, I'm lying. Who needs the headaches?

Yup on Sharma.

Yes on NN.

Etc.

I don't blame you for not posting those things, you are right it isn't worth it as people will just wind up in attack mode.  Also, I apologize for getting into the pissing contest here.  My bad.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »
I do twitter, I don't follow minors. 

So as long as an adult is tweeting about the minor it's all fair game, but if a minor tweets about himself you damn better not touch that.

This stuff just keeps getting better. Shift the boarders around as you see fit Chicos. This is your world and we're all just your puppets.

For the record I've never had a Twitter account and I don't plan on ever having one. I'm not important enough for anyone to give a damn when I'm sitting on the toilet, watching the tube, or eating Chipotle, and I couldn't give a damn about when important people are doing those things, minor or adult. But to pretend I'm a better person or less of a creep than someone who uses the resources provided to gain information on a high school basketball recruit who may be considering coming to Marquette or going to a rival school is just plain sad. Doesn't make anyone creepy or weird or crazy. In fact the minor is willingly putting that information out to the public (adults fall into that category). It's lets creepy than an adult interviewer probing a minor for information on his thought process going through the recruiting process.

I truly hope you've never found out about a recruit committing somewhere after the minor announced it in Twitter. Hank announced it on Twitter. To every adult in the world, Hank should still be considered uncommitted at this point because only pedophiles would look at his Tweets, and that's how he went public. Turns out we're all creeps people!

Absurd. There are some major issues here...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2015, 12:14:20 AM »
This is pretty much why I don't post very much on the board. I'd guess many other stay away as well. Guys are constantly calling other guys out for passing along info they heard. Who's your source? You don't have a source. You're making this up. Who did you hear this from, your brother's roommate's friend's little sister?  Guys going back, reworking timelines. Geezus. Chicos' timeline on Sharma was exactly as I had heard it -- he was a lock. All signs pointed that way. I know guys who talk daily with the UW staff -- they all thought he was a lock. Then he fell in love with Stanford and he changed his mind. UW was absolutely "blindsided" -- that is the word that was used. Big F'n deal. Chicos said Mayo was on the outs even while Wojo was seemingly welcoming him. I've got about 8 pretty good high-level sources of info for MU and WI bball. That isn't to be a c*ck measuring statement, it's just a fact. But reading stuff like this just makes me never want to share intel at all. I knew Noskowiak asked for his release the day it happened, but instead of sharing it here, I just shared it with the "under board" -- I PMed Sultan, Keefe and a few others. Then it happened two weeks later. If it wouldn't have happened, and I had shared it -- I'm a douche, I have no contacts, I'm lying. Who needs the headaches?

That's your perogative. You get good information and you can do with it what you want. To me when something is a "stone cold lock" there is no turning back and if it turns out wrong then I'm happy to admit (because it's what men do) that I was wrong. Chicos called it a stone cold lock that Sharma was going to UW. Sharma is signed with Stanford. He was wrong, no matter how he tries to spin it. And that's all he does...try to spin it. Rather than simply saying "Yup, my information was wrong." Not very hard to do if you ask me. But apparently to some it is. Usually I don't call things "stone cold locks" because I understand things change quickly. When I fuc stone cold lock statements, I don't brag about how right I was when I back down from those statements. The reality is he was very wrong and yet he turns it into "Look I was right I told you weeks before he committed to Stanford!" Uhh, no. You were wrong Chicos.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2015, 12:33:52 AM »
So as long as an adult is tweeting about the minor it's all fair game, but if a minor tweets about himself you damn better not touch that.

This stuff just keeps getting better. Shift the boarders around as you see fit Chicos. This is your world and we're all just your puppets.

Except you would be wrong....again.  If someone like Jeff Goodman or ESPN or recruiting experts send out a tweet that such and such has committed to a school.  Fine.  That's newsworthy and I see no issue in that.   That is far different than following some 16 year old kid and following his every whim, who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc.   I don't get into that.  I don't follow minors, but I am a college basketball fan so if someone in the industry or field says a guy has just announced or the rumor is that he is about to announce, I don't see any comparison to following the day to day activities of some 16 or 17 year old kid.  That's my opinion, plenty of people totally disagree which is fine.

No goalposts moved, no borders changing, no special exceptions...just common sense.  You're a smart guy Wade, I know you understand the difference.  Your other stuff about pedofiles, etc, was a strawman special.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:33 AM »
That's your perogative. You get good information and you can do with it what you want. To me when something is a "stone cold lock" there is no turning back and if it turns out wrong then I'm happy to admit (because it's what men do) that I was wrong. Chicos called it a stone cold lock that Sharma was going to UW. Sharma is signed with Stanford. He was wrong, no matter how he tries to spin it. And that's all he does...try to spin it. Rather than simply saying "Yup, my information was wrong." Not very hard to do if you ask me. But apparently to some it is. Usually I don't call things "stone cold locks" because I understand things change quickly. When I fuc stone cold lock statements, I don't brag about how right I was when I back down from those statements. The reality is he was very wrong and yet he turns it into "Look I was right I told you weeks before he committed to Stanford!" Uhh, no. You were wrong Chicos.

I did admit I was wrong, and changed my position before it was announced by him.  I went better than what you are even saying....admitted I was wrong and got it right before the decision was made.  Not sure what else one can do.
Sure sounded like that's what you wrote.  How about admit you are wrong (which I did) and put the correct information out there (which I did).  Instead I should go to my grave with the wrong answer when I know the answer changed?  

Uhm, ok.  Sorry Wade, I was wrong....and I admitted it and I gave the new information.  So be it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »
Except you would be wrong....again.  If someone like Jeff Goodman or ESPN or recruiting experts send out a tweet that such and such has committed to a school.  Fine.  That's newsworthy and I see no issue in that.   That is far different than following some 16 year old kid and following his every whim, who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc.   I don't get into that.  I don't follow minors, but I am a college basketball fan so if someone in the industry or field says a guy has just announced or the rumor is that he is about to announce, I don't see any comparison to following the day to day activities of some 16 or 17 year old kid.  That's my opinion, plenty of people totally disagree which is fine.

No goalposts moved, no borders changing, no special exceptions...just common sense.  You're a smart guy Wade, I know you understand the difference.  Your other stuff about pedofiles, etc, was a strawman special.

Maybe my memory is just hazy but I can't seem to remember a case of any posters here bringing up any quotes from a minor about "who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc." All I've seen are Tweets about how a visit went, lists, commitments, etc. but I guess if it's not "someone in the field" then it's creepy. As long as someone's getting paid to "follow some 16 year old kid and following his every whim, who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc." it's all good and we should follow that information like it's the Bible, but someone who supplies that information for free on a Marquette basketball board is a creep. Got it.

Again, continue to shift those boarders.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2015, 06:33:46 AM »
Sword fights are boring boys, zip up and move on.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »

So, apparently I'm not one of your "under boarders," hey? Now, I'm pissed.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
I am lost on this thread.  So what's the status of Diamond?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
I am lost on this thread.  So what's the status of Diamond?
Damn it Fred!  Stop putting this thread back on point!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2015, 07:39:07 AM »
Damn it Fred!  Stop putting this thread back on point!

It has reached the point that on a 5 page thread I will read page 1, skip pages 2-4, and see if there is anything solid on page 5. 

Now, I am going off-topic, y'all sucked me into your vortex of doom . . .

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2015, 08:22:31 AM »
I think you made this all up.   ;D

You've been rock solid.  

JD, 50/50.

I hope people don't miss his point.  He's "rock solid," but Chicos is "50/50."  But, his information was exactly the same as Chicos' on this point.  Freeport doesn't share his information on the board because it's too much of a headache.  It's a sad state of affairs when the posters with "rock solid" information won't share it because if the inevitable crap that is thrown their way.  And the number of such posters is growing.  I don't blame them.

Fortunately, I don't know crap, so it's not a problem for me.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »
Chicos, Freeport, Aircraft, Goose, Keefe, others.....love any and all attempts at sharing info. Even if it's speculative.

Don't let the board drag you down.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »
Maybe my memory is just hazy but I can't seem to remember a case of any posters here bringing up any quotes from a minor about "who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc." All I've seen are Tweets about how a visit went, lists, commitments, etc. but I guess if it's not "someone in the field" then it's creepy. As long as someone's getting paid to "follow some 16 year old kid and following his every whim, who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc." it's all good and we should follow that information like it's the Bible, but someone who supplies that information for free on a Marquette basketball board is a creep. Got it.

Again, continue to shift those boarders.

Nice try again.  Journalists, recruiting experts, etc, are paid to publish newsworthy information, like where the kid will go to school.  Where is it that those people are following these kids every whim?  How did you get to this conclusion?  Did recruiting experts before social media still report on where kids were going to college?  Of course they did.  How is this possible?  Oh, I don't know....things like talking to the high school coach, attending the press conference, etc, etc.  They got all that information and shared it with their readers\viewers\listeners without following their every whim.  Straw man....again.

Yes, your memory is fading.  "Johnny said something cryptic on his twitter, what does it mean" threads have appeared here from time to time.  Then the speculation about what his 128 character limited tweet could possibly mean and all the fun responses that go along with it.  The entire NN thing was embarrassing.

Look, it's not for me.  For others, they love it.  Fine.  Personally, following a 16 or 17 year old kid's daily social feed is creepy to me.  For others, it isn't.  To each their own. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »
I am lost on this thread.  So what's the status of Diamond?

Still working on that 17 on his ACT!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
Don't cha get 15 just for gettin' yo name correctly on the paper?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »
how many diamond threads are we gonna do, he'll might as well start making Ben Simmons threads to cuz we have the same chance to get him and that is ZERO.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2015, 10:01:13 AM »
A friend's son plays AAU ball with Stone and when asked if grades were possibly preventing his announcement/commitment his reply was a laugh along with "He doesn't "test" very well."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:36 AM »
Don't cha get 15 just for gettin' yo name correctly on the paper?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
A friend's son plays AAU ball with Stone and when asked if grades were possibly preventing his announcement/commitment his reply was a laugh along with "He doesn't "test" very well."

The recruiting process is not that fun.  To many people offering you things they should not.  To many handlers looking to get a piece of your pie. 

What is fun is making your decision and letting the love from your new school come pouring in.

So I assume no one wants to put this process off.  Yes, some do, like those they have not committed, but they said early on that was their goal.  I assume they want to pick their school based on next year's roster which is why they are holding off.

But when you give a November date for your decision, and let it pass without comment, something is wrong.  And it makes perfect sense that he cannot qualify.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
The recruiting process is not that fun.  To many people offering you things they should not.  To many handlers looking to get a piece of your pie. 

What is fun is making your decision and letting the love from your new school come pouring in.

So I assume no one wants to put this process off.  Yes, some do, like those they have not committed, but they said early on that was their goal.  I assume they want to pick their school based on next year's roster which is why they are holding off.

But when you give a November date for your decision, and let it pass without comment, something is wrong.  And it makes perfect sense that he cannot qualify.

It's all about maximizing the profit, ai'na?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »

So according to your friends son, it's a #DoneDeal that Diamond cannot test well?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »

As far as I'm concerned you're E F Hutton.  When Freeport Warrior talks, LittleWade listens.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »
So has Diamond seen the light and he's coming to Marquette?

I'm sure that he has seen the light, but the light is that he's not wanted.  As we've seen with Sacar and Traci when Wojo wants you, you and everyone else who's paying attention knows.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
Chit Murray, you are old. E F Hutton hasn't been in business since the mid 80's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"