'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 168734 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Diamond
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
Keefe and I both told you guys Mayo was gone even before Wojo was hired.  Sorry you don't like it, but it came to pass.  You can say he was "back", but you would be hiding behind the reality of what was happening.

Nothing debunked whatsoever.

People had been saying "Mayo is gone" here almost from the time he arrived.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2015, 02:55:39 PM »
Who?

He's a UW clown and alumnus.  No, not Chad Alvarez, but David Hookstead

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
Same guy that tweeted that Shaka to MU was a donedeal.  I'm not kidding.

I thought you don't do Twitter and teenage boy news.

Creep.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »
Keefe and I both told you guys Mayo was gone even before Wojo was hired.  Sorry you don't like it, but it came to pass.  You can say he was "back", but you would be hiding behind the reality of what was happening.

Really?  So Marquette brought him back for summer work outs, even though he was already "gone?"  Did Marquette inform Todd of this decision?  If so, why would Todd go through with it?  If not, it is dishonest, and I hope my alma matter wouldn't engage in such activity.

The much more logical explanation is that both keefe and you misunderstood, or were given bad information about his status with the program, but Mayo did what Mayo does and got himself booted later on.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »

Creep.
Lol.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »
I wonder what the explanation is for Jaylen Brown, Malik Newman, Cheick Diallo, Ivan Rabb, Thon Maker, Stephen Zimmerman, Brandon Ingram and Caleb Swanigan not having committed.  They must all be unable to qualify since they're top recruits who have not yet committed.

They all never set a fall date to announce and then let it slide without saying why they did not announce.  Stone's action (setting a date) and then inaction (not announcing on that date) is why people think he is having problems qualifying. 

Many of the others started this process with an intention of announcing in the spring.  Not Stone.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

Really?  So Marquette brought him back for summer work outs, even though he was already "gone?"  Did Marquette inform Todd of this decision?  If so, why would Todd go through with it?  If not, it is dishonest, and I hope my alma matter wouldn't engage in such activity.

The much more logical explanation is that both keefe and you misunderstood, or were given bad information about his status with the program, but Mayo did what Mayo does and got himself booted later on.

Correct. Mayo was back but with a short leash. He messed up again and was gone
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »
Keefe and I both told you guys Mayo was gone even before Wojo was hired.  Sorry you don't like it, but it came to pass.  You can say he was "back", but you would be hiding behind the reality of what was happening.

I don't know about Keefe, but you saying Mayo was gone is a lie to the best of my recollection. You couched it your usual way, with maybes. Your usual MO, wiggle room on both sides.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2015, 05:07:29 PM »
Correct. Mayo was back but with a short leash. He messed up again and was gone

Yep, that's what I was told as well.  Mayo was given another chance by Wojo but was in Chicago with OJ when he was supposed to be here.  Came back and had sticky fingers with items in the Al.  An old roommate of mine worked check-ins at the Al and was specifically told Mayo wasn't allowed in the Al anymore.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:10:16 PM by onepostellenson »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
"Gone" from somebody with no credibility,  while someone who has shown to be close to the current program concurs that Mayo was back with a short leash and blew  his last chance.   Hmmmm.   Whom to believe?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2015, 06:12:11 PM »
Nope, but remember I pulled back on Sharma before he committed.  I also used one of those ?? things in asking my question about Diamond.

Do you think Crean is still having NBA and NFL teams use their hyperbaric chambers incorrectly?

Once you say something is a "stone cold lock", then "pulling back" or out or whatever you think you did later on when it becomes obvious he is going where you said he was a "stone cold lock", doesn't help you. You sure like repeating this "excuse", though. Sheesh.

Stone cold lock... with a key in the lock.. that can be turned by others.. yeah, that's it.

I SAID IT'S A DONE DEAL, STONE COLD LOCK, YES! but... I decided later that it wasn't. So it doesn't count.

OK, bahdee.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2015, 06:26:54 PM »
BeeJay, with all due respect, pullin' out is a whole different deal, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
BeeJay, with all due respect, pullin' out is a whole different deal, ai na?

I wouldn't know about that, nahmsayin?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2015, 07:29:37 PM »
I wouldn't know about that, nahmsayin?

Timing is everything.
Relax. Respect the Process.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »
People had been saying "Mayo is gone" here almost from the time he arrived.

We said it when people said it was no longer the case and "he was back".

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
Once you say something is a "stone cold lock", then "pulling back" or out or whatever you think you did later on when it becomes obvious he is going where you said he was a "stone cold lock", doesn't help you. You sure like repeating this "excuse", though. Sheesh.

Stone cold lock... with a key in the lock.. that can be turned by others.. yeah, that's it.

I SAID IT'S A DONE DEAL, STONE COLD LOCK, YES! but... I decided later that it wasn't. So it doesn't count.

OK, bahdee.

Guilty as charged, but I disagree with your flow.  It's not like I said Shaka Smart is going to MU and it's a DONEDEAL and I'm not going to relinquish and crash and burn until the bitter end when it doesn't happen. 

I had the info, went with it.  Then, still weeks before his Sharma's announcement, got updated information and said it was no longer a lock.  I shouldn't have said lock, that's fine.  I corrected the information before it happened, long before it happened.  I'll go to battle with my sources on MU every day of the week and then some. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »
^^ yes... Stone cold lock was a poor claim / choice of words by you

The Shaka DoneDeal / I am the source was also pretty funny

Anyway, excited (in a non creepy way) to see what happens with a number of uncommitted great players

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
Guilty as charged, but I disagree with your flow.  It's not like I said Shaka Smart is going to MU and it's a DONEDEAL and I'm not going to relinquish and crash and burn until the bitter end when it doesn't happen. 

I had the info, went with it.  Then, still weeks before his Sharma's announcement, got updated information and said it was no longer a lock.  I shouldn't have said lock, that's fine.  I corrected the information before it happened, long before it happened.  I'll go to battle with my sources on MU every day of the week and then some. 

BS. You claimed "insider information" that guaranteed Sharma a lock for UW. After PUBLIC info was published on the board that Sharma was heading to Stanford you recanted. You make fun of IWB, but you did the same thing. Only difference was he owned it and you're still equivocating. You are simply unbelievable.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:12 PM »
We said it when people said it was no longer the case and "he was back".

Because he *was* back.

Look Chicos, you got bad info.  It has been stated here by multiple people that Todd was given another chance by Wojo and he screwed up.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »
BS. You claimed "insider information" that guaranteed Sharma a lock for UW. After PUBLIC info was published on the board that Sharma was heading to Stanford you recanted. You make fun of IWB, but you did the same thing. Only difference was he owned it and you're still equivocating. You are simply unbelievable.
This is pretty much why I don't post very much on the board. I'd guess many other stay away as well. Guys are constantly calling other guys out for passing along info they heard. Who's your source? You don't have a source. You're making this up. Who did you hear this from, your brother's roommate's friend's little sister?  Guys going back, reworking timelines. Geezus. Chicos' timeline on Sharma was exactly as I had heard it -- he was a lock. All signs pointed that way. I know guys who talk daily with the UW staff -- they all thought he was a lock. Then he fell in love with Stanford and he changed his mind. UW was absolutely "blindsided" -- that is the word that was used. Big F'n deal. Chicos said Mayo was on the outs even while Wojo was seemingly welcoming him. I've got about 8 pretty good high-level sources of info for MU and WI bball. That isn't to be a c*ck measuring statement, it's just a fact. But reading stuff like this just makes me never want to share intel at all. I knew Noskowiak asked for his release the day it happened, but instead of sharing it here, I just shared it with the "under board" -- I PMed Sultan, Keefe and a few others. Then it happened two weeks later. If it wouldn't have happened, and I had shared it -- I'm a douche, I have no contacts, I'm lying. Who needs the headaches?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
This is pretty much why I don't post very much on the board. I'd guess many other stay away as well. Guys are constantly calling other guys out for passing along info they heard. Who's your source? You don't have a source. You're making this up. Who did you hear this from, your brother's roommate's friend's little sister?  Guys going back, reworking timelines. Geezus. Chicos' timeline on Sharma was exactly as I had heard it -- he was a lock. All signs pointed that way. I know guys who talk daily with the UW staff -- they all thought he was a lock. Then he fell in love with Stanford and he changed his mind. UW was absolutely "blindsided" -- that is the word that was used. Big F'n deal. Chicos said Mayo was on the outs even while Wojo was seemingly welcoming him. I've got about 8 pretty good high-level sources of info for MU and WI bball. That isn't to be a c*ck measuring statement, it's just a fact. But reading stuff like this just makes me never want to share intel at all. I knew Noskowiak asked for his release the day it happened, but instead of sharing it here, I just shared it with the "under board" -- I PMed Sultan, Keefe and a few others. Then it happened two weeks later. If it wouldn't have happened, and I had shared it -- I'm a douche, I have no contacts, I'm lying. Who needs the headaches?

I think you made this all up.   ;D

You've been rock solid.  

JD, 50/50.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:30:20 PM by real chili 83 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »

Creep.

I do twitter, I don't follow minors. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:01 PM »

My sources said he was gone, period...gone.  My sources were dead on right.  It was an absolute nonstarter for reasons I'm sure if you knew the backstory on you would agree.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.  I'm guessing Keefe or someone else knows the same thing, but carry on if you wish.   Sometimes things are done for show.  Do you think Burton said he was going to transfer the day before he transfered?  How about Dawson?  Hmm, how come they were allowed to still be on the bench?  NN asked for his  release when?  Why did we wait for several weeks to respond and pretend he was still in the fold?  Perceptions are done for a reason.

I got zero bad info on this, it was dead on right.  Absolutely DEAD NUTS RIGHT.  Sorry you don't like it.  I'm sure Lenny's contributions to the thread are amazing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:35:25 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
Reading this thread is how you can tell it's the offseason.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »
So has Diamond seen the light and he's coming to Marquette?