[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy 4/20 (Thank You)  (Read 3671 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Happy 4/20 (Thank You)
« on: April 20, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »
There was a wrap-around ad covering my morning Sun-Times for Sunnyside dispensary wishing everyone a Happy 4/20.

I have been an all-day/everyday marijuana user more-or-less since I was 16 years old. What maybe began as a recreational party favor turned out to be a very useful aide for me. Not to get too much into it, but there are thousands (millions) of Americans who are prescribed various drugs; I am certain marijuana is the right fit for me, and subsequently got my medical card a few years ago.

I spent most of my life taking extreme steps to hide the fact I was a smoker. I lost friendships, jobs, trust/respect for authority, and placed myself in dangerous situations with dangerous people because I smoke pot.

I now feel like the tide has completely turned, and there’s no going back. The acceptance of marijuana use over the past few years has been a MAJOR benefit for me, and I want to thank all the non-users who have come around on the issue, (or- at the least- not actively fought to oppose these changes). What may have been a long time coming was worth it. Happy 4/20.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Happy 4/20 (Thank You)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 11:52:58 AM »
I rarely, maybe twice in the past year, smoke. But I got a THC topical cream for a chronically sore neck that helped immensely more than chiropractor & acupuncture did.

Legalizing is the right decision and hope that we get many more great discoveries like that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »
I risked prison time for a long time with my home grow as a way to keep my wife off of opiates and instead a little smoke to help her sleep at night when her pain got bad. It was better than finding a plug, but with a big risk to be sure.

Now we swing by NuEra to resupply. It's a whole new world!

Special shoutout to WI for keeping it illegal. Illinois can really use the tax revenue!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 12:38:16 PM »
Sitting in the parking lot at Rise Dispensaries as I type this.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »
the tax revenue!

I don't (can't) use, but big shoutout to those that help keep my taxes lower!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 12:52:24 PM »
I risked prison time for a long time with my home grow as a way to keep my wife off of opiates and instead a little smoke to help her sleep at night when her pain got bad. It was better than finding a plug, but with a big risk to be sure.

Special shoutout to WI for keeping it illegal. Illinois can really use the tax revenue!

+1 keep it coming! WI's profited off our summer homes for too long time to get that money back!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 01:28:11 PM »
I don't (can't) use, but big shoutout to those that help keep my taxes lower!

It’s only 35%.  :-\

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 04:21:28 PM »
I don’t smoke/use. Experimented a little in college and in early adulthood - but not much. That said, I don’t judge those who do. Whether for pleasure or for medicinal reasons I’m good with legalization of pretty much everything. Legalize, regulate, tax. Happy 4/20 to all! Oh, and happy 6th birthday to my granddaughter Elizabeth!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »
I love hearing stories like these!

Legalize all drugs.

Why is the government telling me what I can put in my body?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:08:14 PM by jesmu84 »

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 05:05:38 PM »
Jah bless!!!
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
I love hearing stories like these!

Legalize all drugs.

Why is the government telling me what I can put in my body?

I'm fine with legalizing a lot of them but at the same time something like PCP which we've seen have pretty disastrous implications for others not on it... ism fine focusing the extra efforts on busting that up.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 07:52:34 PM »
I'm fine with legalizing a lot of them but at the same time something like PCP which we've seen have pretty disastrous implications for others not on it... ism fine focusing the extra efforts on busting that up.

PCP, heroin, meth, fentyenal bad.
Cocaine, MDMA sorta bad
Weed, shrooms, LSD legalize and study. 

Microdosing with LSD and mushrooms is fascinating emerging science for PTSD, TBIs, bi-polar, and other mental health treatments.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 07:53:54 PM »

Respect man, that isn't easy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 07:54:41 PM »
Cocaine, MDMA sorta bad

Microdosing with LSD and mushrooms is fascinating emerging science for PTSD, TBIs, bi-polar, and other mental health treatments.

100% agree. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 07:58:39 PM »
Respect man, that isn't easy.

Nice of you to say, but our life is easy. We have plenty of money so the doctors are the only pusher she has ever had. I think getting hooked and being poor is a life-changing/ending combo.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
Cocaine, MDMA sorta bad

I have a former coworker, well into his late 40s and very conservative otherwise, who microdosed with MDMA (after an unsuccessful stint with mushrooms) to combat some horrible depression and it was fantastically successful and changed his life.

My experiences with the dispenseries in Chicago, specifically Sunnyside, has been so fantastic and really a template for how it can be done.  Very interesting to compare and contrast that with my experiences at similar establishments in Seattle and Denver

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »
Cocaine, MDMA sorta bad

I don't know enough about MDMA outside of Lazar Hayward's "journey" and that it's massive in Ireland.

Everything else I 100% agree
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 08:24:49 PM »
I don't know enough about MDMA outside of Lazar Hayward's "journey" and that it's massive in Ireland.

Everything else I 100% agree

Wat?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 08:28:10 PM »

I get the impression molly is pretty big in the US club scene.  I'm an old (40s) guy that likes EDM, and every time I go to a show I get offered molly.   Maybe it's just the way I look.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 08:29:19 PM »
I get the impression molly is pretty big in the US club scene.  I'm an old (40s) guy that likes EDM, and every time I go to a show I get offered molly.   Maybe it's just the way I look.

I lol'd

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »
Wat?

Didn't he go down to South America and do Ayahuasca and that's what lead to the whole "I see ghosts" interview?
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »

It’s enormous in the club scene. I may or may not have some experience with it  8-) but I’ve never sampled from one of the friendly local pharmacists at a show cause that’s just reckless

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »

prayers at ya skats if you've been successful and/or continued success keeping your bride off opiates. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »

i heard that molly chit makes dancers outta just about anyone...both vertical and horizontal ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't