[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: bamamarquettefan on Fox News after "biggest upset in American political history"  (Read 11072 times)

thekahoona

• Starter
Please. We're not stupid. Just disappointed.

Gretchen Carlson: With us today is the new Wunderkind of Congressional Electoral Politics, Mr. Moneyball - John Pudner.

John Pudner: Thanks, Gretchen. Wunderkind? Reminds me of my days in that most German of North American cities, Milwaukee. I matriculated at Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: So John, you master minded the electoral strategy for Professor Dave Brat in his stunning upset.

JP: Uh, Gretchen, it's not 'Brat' as in 'Spoiled' but 'brat' as in the sausage. You know, some of the best brats are from Wisconsin. I know this because I was graduated from Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: You are unique in that you not only consult political campaigns but also provide insight to NBA front offices.

JP: Sure, I provide statistical analysis for NBA teams but my real love is for Marquette University basketball. And frankly, my go to source for information on Marquette hoops is Scoop. I like to think that without the thought provoking insights found in that forum there is no Dave Brat heading to Washington. And I want to take this opportunity to thank Chico and ZFB for their love and support over the years and making me the puppet master I am today.    

Just throw down the mic. That was pure genius.

brandx

Keefe is the board genius.

We are all bit players and straight men.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Gretchen Carlson: With us today is the new Wunderkind of Congressional Electoral Politics, Mr. Moneyball - John Pudner.

John Pudner: Thanks, Gretchen. Wunderkind? Reminds me of my days in that most German of North American cities, Milwaukee. I matriculated at Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: So John, you master minded the electoral strategy for Professor Dave Brat in his stunning upset.

JP: Uh, Gretchen, it's not 'Brat' as in 'Spoiled' but 'brat' as in the sausage. You know, some of the best brats are from Wisconsin. I know this because I was graduated from Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: You are unique in that you not only consult political campaigns but also provide insight to NBA front offices.

JP: Sure, I provide statistical analysis for NBA teams but my real love is for Marquette University basketball. And frankly, my go to source for information on Marquette hoops is Scoop. I like to think that without the thought provoking insights found in that forum there is no Dave Brat heading to Washington. And I want to take this opportunity to thank Chico and ZFB for their love and support over the years and making me the puppet master I am today.    

Brilliant!

Class71

• All American
Thanks for the input. He really is a level-headed economist who believes self-serving deal-making is making it impossible to address the deficit. But I hear you loud and clear - the attempt to paint the picture will be there ... but I won't go any further so as not to cross the line on political advocacy on the sacred basketball pages here!

Watch out for R's as well as D's and where the money comes from ... an old setup for the new kids on the block.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

HouWarrior

• All American
Thanks for the input. He really is a level-headed economist who believes self-serving deal-making is making it impossible to address the deficit. But I hear you loud and clear - the attempt to paint the picture will be there ... but I won't go any further so as not to cross the line on political advocacy on the sacred basketball pages here!
Congratulations.
 I really appreciated the links, and your insight on the value/targeting of volunteer worker time. I shared this with my niece who is just getting into the professional campaign business, after UH. She has worked media relations for Houston Mayor Anise Parker, and is now on the Wendy Davis for Texas Governor team. Then, its on to presidential primary/fundraising work.  I hope she mentors from your insights. I am amazed that now (compared to my day), a bright Poli Sci/Statistics major can actually make a full time living/career in the year round campaign business, as she is doing....Much money flowing in == jobs generated, I guess.

BTW, I chuckled seeing your guy is an economist. I worked at Bill Proxmire's office, who was also trained as an economist. In the 1976 (and again in 1982) senate runs...we spent about $200...for the postage to RETURN all campaign contribution $$. He solely  relied on volunteers, and personal handshakes to stay in office. He was, even back then, an anachronism, but I've always admired his high "economic" valuation of personal time capital and his trust in participatory government.

My very best wishes for your continued success. We'll need a few more economists, in DC very soon- lol.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Hey, would love to help her out, but sounds like she has figured it out on her own. Anything for a one-step-removed Marquette person.

My only problem with your buddy Proxmire was that I interned in Sen. Kasten's office while at Marquette. Every time i answered the phone, all I heard was, "why doesn't Sen. Kasten answer his own phone like Sen. Proxmire does?"

One day one of the other interns answered the phone and Senator Kasten happened to be visiting the Milwaukee office. He was walking through saying, "Greetings!" "Greetings!" to the staff and interns when suddenly the voice from the other intern shouted out, "Yes sir, he sure is. He is right here!" and to everyone else's shock he extended the phone and cord toward Senator Kasten with a huge smile.

"Let me just take that in the office," Sen. Kasten said, and after talking to the constituent called the state director into the office to make sure he gave a little friendly refresher on screening calls. He was quite nice about it.

Gosh, I did that internship 20 hours a week, was News Editor at the Marquette Tribune 20 hours a week and did sports agate for the Milwaukee Journal 20 hours a week that final year. Luckily my finance now wife Kalynne and I had signed up for several of the same classes, so we spent a little time together. But after three years of drinking every single night, it was a great transition from wonderful MU to the work world. What great memories.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Gato78

• Team Captain
I am not into your political views but I admire your political work. I was  POSC major at MU. The most interesting aspect is the anti-government feeling you read and extends from both right and left populism. Get money out of politics AND the administration of government. Congratulations.

4everwarriors

• All American
Ya look a lot younger than I expected. Thought you were one of them old farts on this board.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MURFC

• Team Captain
Hahahahaha, that is fantastic.

MURFC

• Team Captain
ok, this has nothing to do with the program other than as an excuse for why I have been sadly absent from Cracked Sidewalks and muscoop. Was busy planning Eric Cantor's defeat last week, but did manage to break away a few days before the "biggest upset in American political history" (according to Fox News) for reseating, so I will be back in the Bradley Center this season!

Here is my recent tv interview
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3619821064001/how-moneyball-style-politics-helped-dave-brat-win-in-va/#sp=show-clips

Here is a little more in depth story on the win
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/13/Moneyball-Consultant-John-Pudner-Predicted-Dave-Brat-Vote-Count

Great job an congratulations Bama!

Galway Eagle

• All American
ok, this has nothing to do with the program other than as an excuse for why I have been sadly absent from Cracked Sidewalks and muscoop. Was busy planning Eric Cantor's defeat last week, but did manage to break away a few days before the "biggest upset in American political history" (according to Fox News) for reseating, so I will be back in the Bradley Center this season!

Here is my recent tv interview
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3619821064001/how-moneyball-style-politics-helped-dave-brat-win-in-va/#sp=show-clips

Here is a little more in depth story on the win
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/13/Moneyball-Consultant-John-Pudner-Predicted-Dave-Brat-Vote-Count

I hope to be going up against you in the future.  It'd be an honor to be in a campaign against a candidate that has someone as knowledgeable as yourself. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
Appreciate both of you with opposite political views. The biggest thing we are missing in politics is people on each side not knowing anything about people on the other - there interests, there children, etc. Hopefully we can bridge that. As for looking younger than expected, thanks! Hate to say I am hitting 50 next year so just depends were you put the "old" bar.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

HouWarrior

• All American
Appreciate both of you with opposite political views. The biggest thing we are missing in politics is people on each side not knowing anything about people on the other - there interests, there children, etc. Hopefully we can bridge that. As for looking younger than expected, thanks! Hate to say I am hitting 50 next year so just depends were you put the "old" bar.

lol, sorry but I cant resist here...

So true, we seem to know so little of "there" interests, "there" children, ...likely, because....

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"....and....

"..... childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/youtube/childrens.htm

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Benny B

• All American
I am not into your political views but I admire your political work. I was  POSC major at MU. The most interesting aspect is the anti-government feeling you read and extends from both right and left populism. Get money out of politics AND the administration of government. Congratulations.

If you took the money out of politics and the administration of government, you'd have drastically fewer Republicans andDemocrats elected... good luck getting bi-partisan support - or any support - on that one.

Dems and Repubs may (appear to) hate each other when the cameras are rolling, but they have a common enemy when the cameras are turned off --- a third party.  You don't need to be a statistical genius or POSC major to know that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
By the way, Bama, congrats on the professional success. Not because we embrace Jeffersonian-Burkean principles and ideals but, rather, it is nice to see our alums applying that Jesuit education in meaningful, innovative ways. Best wishes for continued achievement.

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
Appreciate both of you with opposite political views. The biggest thing we are missing in politics is people on each side not knowing anything about people on the other - there interests, there children, etc. Hopefully we can bridge that.

Au contraire mon frere, Chicos has told us plenty about himself.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Au contraire mon frere, Chicos has told us plenty about himself.

This one actually made me laugh out loud. 
Maigh Eo for Sam