collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ordering Real Chili  (Read 9477 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Ordering Real Chili
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
Has anyone ever ordered Real Chili and had it shipped?  If so, how did you go about it?  phone, internet order?  Looked online and can't seem to find any shipping method.

g0lden3agle

• All American
Re: Ordering Real Chili
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
Just talked to one of the managers for you. He said shipping is possible, just give them a call.  For reference I talked to the manager Phil who generally works at the campus chili.  Hope you get your chili!

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »
Thank you!

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »
It comes in an envelope though.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
It comes in an envelope though.

i lol'd :)

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »
Getting a bowl of chili is a very unique experience for me. It carries a welcoming atmosphere right from the moment you arrive. I personally practice my own ritual everytime I indulge in a bowl of real chili. Upon arriving at 2 30 AM due to the fact that i couldn't trick any women into sleeping with me, I grab a fistful of crackers and throw them at the grizzle (the old guy who cooks the chili). Then he proceeds to yell at me while I plead with him and tell him that i won't do it again (thats a lie, i throw them right when he turns his back). Then I order a hot bowl of chili w/ spaghetti, beans, onions, cheese, and of course sour cream. I also sprinkle a little crush pepper on there for a little kick. I usually eat about half of it then start throwing crackers at the other customers (sometimes i know them, sometimes i don't) and then I start aiming for the chili pot. I always feel great when i get a handful in the chili pot, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. At this point I realize I owe about $13 for my meal so I pull the old "go to the bathroom trick" and then sneak out while the idiot worker isn't looking. I haven't paid for a bowl of chili since sophomore year, at least from what I remember.

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
But to answer your question, I have no idea if they ship their chili.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
Good to know Muzz. Next time I'm in chili I'll be looking for you
Bring back FFP!!!

Miep Gies

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »
Muzz, you sound like quite the winner.  I'm guessing you've never worked foodservice. 

Having worked at Chili for a few years, I always liked calling the cops on you guys who ducked out.  Having college aged men cry to me when it is my call to have DPS call MPD was always a good night. 

I go with the Marquette special with cheese and onion

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
Muzz I respect your game. Miep is just angry he never got to have any fun on the weekends due to his chili responsibilities. I usually have the same procedure, only no onions. I have seen fists thrown over cracker fights and once a newspaper stand. Keep up the good work.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
I'll always remember the night my roommate started .. and ended his Real Chili career behind the counter. 

He came home after his first night at whatever-o'clock in the morning, and said "I quit."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
Getting a bowl of chili is a very unique experience for me. It carries a welcoming atmosphere right from the moment you arrive. I personally practice my own ritual everytime I indulge in a bowl of real chili. Upon arriving at 2 30 AM due to the fact that i couldn't trick any women into sleeping with me, I grab a fistful of crackers and throw them at the grizzle (the old guy who cooks the chili). Then he proceeds to yell at me while I plead with him and tell him that i won't do it again (thats a lie, i throw them right when he turns his back). Then I order a hot bowl of chili w/ spaghetti, beans, onions, cheese, and of course sour cream. I also sprinkle a little crush pepper on there for a little kick. I usually eat about half of it then start throwing crackers at the other customers (sometimes i know them, sometimes i don't) and then I start aiming for the chili pot. I always feel great when i get a handful in the chili pot, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. At this point I realize I owe about $13 for my meal so I pull the old "go to the bathroom trick" and then sneak out while the idiot worker isn't looking. I haven't paid for a bowl of chili since sophomore year, at least from what I remember.

So cool.  Do you do this after, or before?

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »
I know those bro's

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »

I loved the old days when Blondie kicked you out for thinking of throwing crackers. And we liked it like that!   You needed stealth in my day.  Was in Chili early 90's, and an all out cracker war broke out.  Nobody got tossed.  Pansies. 

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 03:34:04 PM »
My cracker throwing skills are ninja like.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
I know those bro's

You know those bro's what?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
I was banned for life.  Don't know if they'd still enforce it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »
I was banned for life.  Don't know if they'd still enforce it.

I fully endorse Ziggy's new moniker.

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
Reinko, didn't you work at the hallstore? I bet that was exhilarating. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 10:21:03 AM »
Reinko, didn't you work at the hallstore? I bet that was exhilarating. 

Never the hall store chief. Facilities, coffee shop, tutor, admissions...

But keep being awesome bro.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »
Whats better: being awesome? being a bro? or cracker fights?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
Probably watching 2 bros duel in a cracker fight then watching it escalate to a real fight, its happened too many times. Most noteably when Muzz and Tred Blackledge got into a few years back.
Bring back FFP!!!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »
Excerpt from a douchebag's diary...

"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 04:53:05 PM »
Whats better: being awesome? being a bro? or cracker fights?

Awesome bros cracker fighting wins

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »
Awesome bros cracker fighting wins
EPIC

feedback