collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A gift for the person who has everything.  (Read 1482 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
A gift for the person who has everything.
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:39 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161209-why-this-hi-tech-luxury-toilet-costs-10000

Never been to Japan, but was wondering if anyone has ever used anything close to this while on their travels.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: A gift for the person who has everything.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:17:46 PM »
sounds like it can do just about everything but light the match, 'ey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
I spent a good amount of time in Japan, and while the lid close and auto-flush were not options I'd seen, certainly several high end hotels had bidet seats with heat, several wash options, and blow dry. 

Certainly odd at first, but once you get used to it, it seems unclean to use mere paper to clean yourself.  I mean really, if you fell down and your hand landed in a pile of fecal matter, would you wipe it off with TP and call it good enough?  Hell no, you'd wash with water!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 12:06:16 PM »
Certainly odd at first, but once you get used to it, it seems unclean to use mere paper to clean yourself.  I mean really, if you fell down and your hand landed in a pile of fecal matter, would you wipe it off with TP and call it good enough?  Hell no, you'd wash with water!

Which leads me to the question I have about these.  You're correct, of course, I would wash it with water.  But I doubt that I'd just hold my hand under a sprayer and then air dry it.  There would be some scrubbing involved (not to mention soap).  This is what always makes me wonder about the bidet.  Of course, I suppose some of the mess may actually be caused by the first pass with paper.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:14:24 PM »
If it doesn't come in a gold or platinum plated version I don't want it.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
I thought the topic would be about a new smoker.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
We had those high end Totos in the houses we had in Moto Azabu and Hiroo. I always kept the seat heated but never actually used the bidet function. Japanese houses are not insulated in the same way an American home is and Tokyo in January can get cold. I actually kept the seat heated throughout the year. A warm toilet seat is an underrated pleasure.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 07:01:45 AM »
I thought the topic would be about a new smoker.

well, it is, but not the kind i would eat anything from, and that's a BIG heyn'a hey!
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »
But I doubt that I'd just hold my hand under a sprayer and then air dry it. 

Well true, but we're still talking about an a$$hole.  Taking a shower without soap is far batter than wiping yourself down with dry paper :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
I spent a good amount of time in Japan, and while the lid close and auto-flush were not options I'd seen, certainly several high end hotels had bidet seats with heat, several wash options, and blow dry. 

Had that sort of toilet at the JW Marriott in Seoul too.

No "toilet diary" option, though.