[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: DirecTV Now  (Read 3574 times)

🏀

• All American
DirecTV Now
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:02:25 AM »
Anyone using DirecTV Now? Thinking about switching from regular DirecTV.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: DirecTV Now
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:52 AM »
It’s too bad Chicos is gone. He could help.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 06:53:36 AM »
I think it's great.  Less than half the cost of DirecTV for similar service unless you use some of the weird channels or PPV, which are not available on the NOW service.

Pairs great with Apple TV and you get full Showtime, HBO, ESPN, FOX, etc. through Apple TV.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »

What's a Chicos?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »

Wat. If I remember correctly he was in the "cord cutting will never happen" camp. Just two short years later there is more competition then ever for television service. Though with the current fcc this is now in jeopardy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
Wat. If I remember correctly he was in the "cord cutting will never happen" camp. Just two short years later there is more competition then ever for television service. Though with the current fcc this is now in jeopardy.

i think i can help ya out here mr. mueron-this is really what chicos said some time back-

the delivery model will change, but he also said people are going to pay for it.  Price increases just happened and more are on the way, because content costs are still exploding. Hulu, Amazon Video (minus the Prime fees), DTV Now, Playstation VUE, YouTubeTV, are all....EVERY ONE...losing money as a stand alone PNL.

for those of you keeping score at home-he stated this back in 2012
     https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=34567.msg424102#msg424102

AND, to his credit, here were his predictions back in feb. 2014...

"I think you will see Charter and someone merge.  Cablevision may merge.  Perhaps an AT&T and a satellite could merge because the competitive impact is much smaller, only a few million whereas a Dish and Directv merger would impact 15 million."

i know, i know whatch y'all be thinkin', but-
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »

He was in the "Netflix will fail" camp as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
So, yeah. DirecTV Now?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »

that's a lie-you have some homework to do.  as seen in other posts, you have a hard time apologizing for your inadequacies, but this one should be easy-especially when the guy who lives rent free in many heads here can't defend himself. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

if you can find me the post where he says he shorted netflix, or said it was going to fail, let's have it!as a matter of fact, he and i were talking and he bought in back in 2013 and still has it.  now if i was thinking something was going down the chitter or didn't believe in the company, i would be buying and/or holding, eyn'a?

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
if you can find me the post where he says he shorted netflix, or said it was going to fail, let's have it!as a matter of fact, he and i were talking and he bought in back in 2013 and still has it.  now if i was thinking something was going down the chitter or didn't believe in the company, i would be buying and/or holding, eyn'a?

Rocket, please just stop.  You're not going to change anything.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 08:51:59 PM »
that's a lie-you have some homework to do.  as seen in other posts, you have a hard time apologizing for your inadequacies, but this one should be easy-especially when the guy who lives rent free in many heads here can't defend himself.

Way to go BooBoo
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Rocket, please just stop.  You're not going to change anything.

then ya'll should just stop bringing someone into the conversation who can't be on here to defend himself

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »
then ya'll should just stop bringing someone into the conversation who can't be on here to defend himself

You seriously STILL believe he’s not here?😜

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 09:28:38 PM »
So, yeah. DirecTV Now?

You might as well start a new thread at this point. Or just call DirecTV, threaten to cancel because you’re switching to whatever streaming service, and have them lower your bill and throw in 6 months of HBO & Sunday Ticket for free.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »
The first time I checked into DTV Now, about a year ago, they didn't offer cloud DVR service, even at an extra cost. Is that still the case? If so, it would be a dealbreaker for me. Gotta have a DVR.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

augoman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 01:19:17 AM »
I've been considering directv, or directv now as I have horrible service with rectum cable.  And to make things worse, rectum has time warner in Wisconsin, and brighthouse in florida..., I'm screwed if I stay with cable.  Sadly, everyone I know with directv is planning to bolt when their contracts expire.  Probably all signed up in sam's club or home depot.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 05:59:19 AM »
How much bandwidth would I need to stream 8 tvs and some wireless computer functions, i.e. printers etc

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
The first time I checked into DTV Now, about a year ago, they didn't offer cloud DVR service, even at an extra cost. Is that still the case? If so, it would be a dealbreaker for me. Gotta have a DVR.

Where you been? Several weeks ago added it for all subscribers... however, I think only 20 hrs is included at the base rates. Google for addl pay options
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
Anyone using DirecTV Now? Thinking about switching from regular DirecTV.

I have DTV Now and was one of the early adopters so I have the $60 service for $30.  I highly recommend.  It is great and works well with the Apple TV as others have said.  They added the cloud function recently, but I really don't use it.  If I want something it is usually on demand.  That may change when basketball season starts.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
I've been considering directv, or directv now as I have horrible service with rectum cable.  And to make things worse, rectum has time warner in Wisconsin, and brighthouse in florida..., I'm screwed if I stay with cable.  Sadly, everyone I know with directv is planning to bolt when their contracts expire.  Probably all signed up in sam's club or home depot.

Never, ever do this. These are hired contractors who are in it just to get their cut. They offer one-year contracts.

Go directly to a local dealer who works with DirecTV to get a two-year deal.

But I will also probably leave when my contract is up so I am very interested in opinions of DtvNow.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
How much bandwidth would I need to stream 8 tvs and some wireless computer functions, i.e. printers etc

100mbps should probably do ya good. But thats about to become spectrums lowest speed, so you'll be doing excellent. Wireless as in printers etc, in home communication is a non factor. That crap is a huge number that you would need an office with 80 employees to worry about.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
Where you been? Several weeks ago added it for all subscribers... however, I think only 20 hrs is included at the base rates. Google for addl pay options

I been not using DirecTV, or checking into it. Obviously. Or I wouldn't have asked the question of this fine, informative community.

Thanks for the answer.

I don't need more than 20 hours so when I consider streaming services again, I'll put DirecTV on my list.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »
100mbps should probably do ya good. But thats about to become spectrums lowest speed, so you'll be doing excellent. Wireless as in printers etc, in home communication is a non factor. That crap is a huge number that you would need an office with 80 employees to worry about.

thank you bro-now if i could re-collect the attention of my spectrum rep.  they are brutal with customer service

feedback