collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tiger Wins His 82nd To Tie Snead; Poised To Win Grand Slam in 2020  (Read 2957 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Tiger won his 82nd PGA Tour event to tie Sam Snead. Hideki Matsuyama put on a charge but Tiger swatted it away like usual.

Tiger is healthy now after his knee surgery. His swing is compact and he has confidence  in and control of his tee shot. Putting is pure.   When healthy he is the best player in the world and no one else is even close.   

Tiger will be the favorite in all four major championships next year. He will win them all and pass Jack Nicklaus for the all time record.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
Re: Tiger Wins His 82nd To Tie Snead; Poised To Win Grand Slam in 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
Why stop there? He also will be elected president of the United States and will win the Miss Universe Pageant.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:17:01 PM »
I will respectfully express skepticism.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
Tiger won his 82nd PGA Tour event to tie Sam Snead. Hideki Matsuyama put on a charge but Tiger swatted it away like usual.

Tiger is healthy now after his knee surgery. His swing is compact and he has confidence  in and control of his tee shot. Putting is pure.   When healthy he is the best player in the world and no one else is even close.   

Tiger will be the favorite in all four major championships next year. He will win them all and pass Jack Nicklaus for the all time record.
lol.  Not best player in the world anymore and while i do think he will eventually catch Jack, there is no way in hell is is sweeping the majors next year

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »
Obvious troll is obvious

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:09:42 PM »
He is not catching Jack
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 08:23:04 PM »
  the guy was truly humbled after a few episodes in his life.  having tiger in the conversation in golf, over the weekend and on the final day is great for the sport.  whatever he accomplishes will still be considered great.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:31 AM »
He is not catching Jack
I don't think so either.  3 grand slams to tie Nicklaus after turning 44 is asking a lot.  Jack Nicklaus and Ben Hogan are the only golfers to win 3 majors after age 40, and between them they only won one after turning 44 (Nicklaus was 46 when he won the 1986 Masters).  Since 1900, there have only been 6 Majors won by golfers who were older than Tiger will be when he tees off at the 2020 Masters.  I think he may have another Masters in him, but more than that is asking a lot.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 08:27:58 AM »
GOAT

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 08:48:29 AM »

I’ll take that action
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 09:11:10 AM »
Tiger wants to play in the Olympics more than he wants to chase down Jack.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
  the guy was truly humbled after a few episodes in his life.  having tiger in the conversation in golf, over the weekend and on the final day is great for the sport.  whatever he accomplishes will still be considered great.

+1

I don't think he catches Jack, but I'll be rooting for him to get there. The scenario I think would be the coolest/most poetic is if they ended up tied.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 04:46:33 PM »
There is a better chance of Koepka catching Nicklaus than Tiger.  Him winning the Masters was super improbable.  Him winning another one nearing 45 with a back that doesn't handle the elements well is highly unlikely, much less 3. Ernie Els in 2012, Darren Clarke in 2011, and Phil in 2013 are the only major winners over 40, besides Tiger last year, in the last 20 years.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
There is a better chance of Koepka catching Nicklaus than Tiger.  Him winning the Masters was super improbable.  Him winning another one nearing 45 with a back that doesn't handle the elements well is highly unlikely, much less 3. Ernie Els in 2012, Darren Clarke in 2011, and Phil in 2013 are the only major winners over 40, besides Tiger last year, in the last 20 years.

I’d put Brooks at 2000/1, Tiger at 1800/1

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
+1

I don't think he catches Jack, but I'll be rooting for him to get there. The scenario I think would be the coolest/most poetic is if they ended up tied.

Wasn't a fan of the old Tiger. He was a machine, a killer, and I admired his talent but didn't think much of the person.

New Tiger is a different story. And I'm a sucker for redemption stories. Maybe a long shot but I wouldn't count him out - and I'll be rooting for him.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »
I’d put Brooks at 2000/1, Tiger at 1800/1

Neither will accomplish it in my opinion.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire