collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bobby Knight  (Read 1960 times)

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
Bobby Knight
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:51 AM »
This has nothing to do with MU, but...

Jim Crews was fired yesterday at Army (odd move just 3 weeks before the official start date of practice...leaves me to wonder in something happened behind the scenes that got him in trouble??? any way that's not the point).

With the Army job open, rumors are flying. And the biggest rumor out there is Army is going after Bobby Knight to make a return to the Academy where he started his coaching career and went 102-50 in six seasons from 1965-71 while making the NIT 4 times and the NIT semifinals twice.

Again, this is just a rumor, but thought it was an interesting bit of news I came across this morning

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Bobby Knight
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:10:21 AM »
This belongs in the Superbar.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »
This has nothing to do with MU, but...

Jim Crews was fired yesterday at Army (odd move just 3 weeks before the official start date of practice...leaves me to wonder in something happened behind the scenes that got him in trouble??? any way that's not the point).

With the Army job open, rumors are flying. And the biggest rumor out there is Army is going after Bobby Knight to make a return to the Academy where he started his coaching career and went 102-50 in six seasons from 1965-71 while making the NIT 4 times and the NIT semifinals twice.

Again, this is just a rumor, but thought it was an interesting bit of news I came across this morning

My first thought was that Knight would never take over at a school that fired one of "his guys," but my recollection is that there was some falling out between Knight and Crews when he was at Evansville.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »
This belongs in the Superbar.

Well sh*t...I can never get a thread right on here. I post a thread thats already been posted. Now I post a thread that belongs somewhere....

Seriously, who is that I have to OK a thread with before I can post it on here?!?!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
Well sh*t...I can never get a thread right on here. I post a thread thats already been posted. Now I post a thread that belongs somewhere....

Seriously, who is that I have to OK a thread with before I can post it on here?!?!

Just post it to where you feel it fits best and if the mods want it moved, they will do it themselves.  No need for anyone else to make comments about where something belongs.

feedback