Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: “I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68  (Read 2395 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
The projected starting 5 went toe to toe at Creighton with next to no bench help.  Proof of concept, for me.  I trust Tre and Zaide.   If some combo of the young bigs can progress well enough to combine for 30 productive minutes, I can see a continuation of the last two seasons.

MU lost by 14 and gained their last lead of the game less than 7 minutes into the contest. Tre 0/4 and zero points.

#COLE
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
I have them as a .500 team at the moment.

Herm probably will too.

tower912

• All American
MU lost by 14 and gained their last lead of the game less than 7 minutes into the contest. Tre 0/4 and zero points.

#COLE
Tight game on the road against a top 15 team for 36 minutes before playing only 6 caught up to them.   Playing without Oso with no prep time.  Players puking  behind the bench.   Heroic effort.    69-67 with 4:26 to go.
   One offseason better?  With some depth?  Sign me up.

#pedantic
« Last Edit: Today at 11:04:22 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NCMUFan

• All American
Season shot.  Pack it in.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Herm probably will too.

Well, if that’s the case, they’ll be far better than .500 then
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Tight game on the road against a top 15 team for 36 minutes before playing only 6 caught up to them.   Playing without Oso with no prep time.  Players puking  behind the bench.   Heroic effort.    69-67 with 4:26 to go.
   One offseason better?  With some depth?  Sign me up.

#pedantic

JB must not have even watched that game.

tower912

• All American
JB is absolutely correct about the final score, MU'S last lead, and Tre's pukeworthy stats.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Herm probably will too.
I was overly concerned with last years non conference schedule. I loved our squad but over rated  the relative strength of our non conference  competition, was pretty close on conference versus where we ended up. 

Was not the first time I over rated non conference opponents over the years . COLE

Learned my lesson, will not let the trauma of Wojo influence  my season ouook thinking any more. We are in a beautiful new Shaka Era and I will just focus on our  team and let schedule play it self out.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
Too many unanswered questions at this point in time and need a lot to go right and very little to go wrong.  I just don't see anyone matching or surpassing Kolek and Oso in production on this roster, but we are a long way away from the start of the season.

Sounds like most takes on Marquette in May 2022.

What if Shaka, who has proven over and over again that he is pretty darn good at developing players, proves it yet again?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
We had it last year. Our starting line-up was two seniors and three juniors.

That is my point, last year and this year.

wadesworld

• All American
I was overly concerned with last years non conference schedule. I loved our squad but over rated  the relative strength of our non conference  competition, was pretty close on conference versus where we ended up. 

Was not the first time I over rated non conference opponents over the years . COLE

Learned my lesson, will not let the trauma of Wojo influence  my season ouook thinking any more. We are in a beautiful new Shaka Era and I will just focus on our  team and let schedule play it self out.

Marquette's non conference was just about as good as advertised.  Illinois was better but Kansas was worse.  Wisconsin was better but UCLA was worse.

We played a 3 and 5 seed on the road, a 1 and 4 seed (who would've been higher if not for injuries) on a neutral, and a 7 seed at home.

You didn't overrate our schedule.  You underrated our team.  You constantly proclaimed the team was a "greater than the sum of its parts" team.  We had 2 guys who will be on an NBA roster next year, and guys like Kam, Ben, and Chase could get there someday too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback