[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tiger is on the loose in Houston  (Read 4457 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Tiger is on the loose in Houston
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
That brings up a question. What is the most exotic meat you have tried?

I really liked the filet de cheval at Joe Beef in Montreal.
Adam's Rib in Zionsville Indiana (has been closed for awhile) used to serve lion, giraffe, and Zebra. Never tried it.

Lion?  WTF.  Theyve been listed as vulnerable since the 70s I believe.

Had several types of antelope and gazelle when I was in South Africa, all very delicious. Eaten crocodile before, didn't love it to be honest but didn't hate it either. Have had shark a few times but couldn't tell you what kinds of shark.

Antelope is fantastic.  Any wild antlered animal (elk, deer, antelopes, etc...) are really quite good.  Crocodile is ehh, Alligator is much better.

I had horse steak in Belgium.  It was honestly really good.  Would just think it was a slightly different beef if not told.

Water buffalo is the common substitute for beef in India.  So you'll see burgers and filet's on the menu and its just assumed you realize its not cow, especially in somewhere like Mumbai where beef is flat out illegal in the state.  Its not bad, good as a steak, a bit lacking as a burger.  Not as good as bison.

I had giant salamander in China...don't recommend it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
I guess I made a mistake.  We still need to do a far better job on this topic and protecting endangered species.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2021, 01:38:52 PM »
When we played Florida in the sweet 16 in 2012 I bought gator meat from a butcher in Chicago to make gator stew. Everything was going perfectly and the stew was going to be very delicious. Then a couple friends showed up to my apartment early and I got high and burnt the gator. We then got our asses kicked. I’ve always blamed myself for that loss. In conclusion burnt gator meat is the weird meat I’ve ever had
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
When we played Florida in the sweet 16 in 2012 I bought gator meat from a butcher in Chicago to make gator stew. Everything was going perfectly and the stew was going to be very delicious. Then a couple friends showed up to my apartment early and I got high and burnt the gator. We then got our asses kicked. I’ve always blamed myself for that loss. In conclusion burnt gator meat is the weird meat I’ve ever had

I love gator meat.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2021, 02:10:35 PM »
I guess I made a mistake.  We still need to do a far better job on this topic and protecting endangered species.

I don't think any reasonable person could possibly disagree with that. Hoping they find the young India safe and sound.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 02:11:49 PM »
Not really "exotic" but I had pigeon when I was in Italy. Not something I've ever seen in the states. It was surprisingly tasty.
TAMU

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 02:22:21 PM »
Not really "exotic" but I had pigeon when I was in Italy. Not something I've ever seen in the states. It was surprisingly tasty.

Pigeon is quite common at many Chinatown's in the USA and Canada.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 02:25:57 PM »

Had it the other day, fresh caught off an "L" platform.

But seriously agree I had it in Scotland and it's delicious
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2021, 02:26:28 PM »
Muggs...gun to your head.  Who do you pick, tiger or walrus?   ;D

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »
My family took me for b-day dinner at  the Natatorium around '80 .

Dad suggests to be diplomatic and allow us a sampling ....each of the 10 at our table order something different. We had a broad range and some were very good . My bro and B-day me (up here from Houston) were on the far end and were left to ordering Rhino and hippo....we couldnt give a bite of ours away and we had nothing to trade for a bite of the good ones.

At least I got to play a Seaworld trainer and feed the dolphins in the pool
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 03:08:58 PM »
If I'm being honest, When I first opened this thread, I thought this was about Mr. Woods in a car creating some havoc in Texas.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »
Pigeon is quite common at many Chinatown's in the USA and Canada.

Pigeon is a delicacy in China. 

Anyone up for pangolin?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
Pigeon is a delicacy in China. 

Anyone up for pangolin?

I hear the bat is delicious in Wuhan this time of year.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 04:47:35 PM »
Muggs...gun to your head.  Who do you pick, tiger or walrus?   ;D

Ziggy,  I'm a devout animal lover and have been extremely fortunate in my life to have traveled  around the world and to a number of sanctuaries and rescue centers.  90% of the charities I donate to are to animal causes.  Now, I have a special affinity towards marine mammals, elephants, and rhinos.  Walruses  obviously are unusually badass and basically 250 pound sea puppies as babies. However, I have been able to get up close with adult and baby elephants/rhinos and it was a life changing experience.  They are absolutely remarkable members of the animal kingdom and no words can describe my sadness for them.  Needless to say there is a special place in Hell for those involved with poaching them or buying jewelry from their ivory.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »
Looks like all they needed to do was lure the tiger in with a big bottle of milk.
https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/1393738103425208323
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2021, 08:53:37 AM »
Excellent news that this young Tiger is okay.  Get India to a Big Cat Sanctuary.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 10:29:13 PM »
Excellent news that this young Tiger is okay.  Get India to a Big Cat Sanctuary.
Delighted to hear the Tiger was turned in. Something very strange about this whole incident.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 11:30:43 PM »

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that's in the cards. The young women loving on the Tiger in the video posted by Houston PD is the wife of the guy who was arrested. Seems like he's being released into her care. The law isn't always correct.
TAMU

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2021, 10:50:17 AM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that's in the cards. The young women loving on the Tiger in the video posted by Houston PD is the wife of the guy who was arrested. Seems like he's being released into her care. The law isn't always correct.

It figures that this is the one time a PD wouldn't pursue a civil forfeiture.