[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Remembering Ryan Amoroso...  (Read 4959 times)

PJS

• Walk-On
Remembering Ryan Amoroso...
« on: March 16, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »
I've never had it explained to me exactly what happened with Amoroso, but considering that big men on just about every team we played abused MU...

The interior offense and defense was a killer all year. Having any kind of steady presence (Barro is learning, the others, you've seen for yourself) in the middle, on the block, the high post, etc. on both sides of the ball would have been nice. It would have opened things up a bit, given DJ and Wes a bit more room to work...something anyway.

Even the best player on the planet couldn't be trapped or triple-teamed with Robert Jackson posting down low.

I'm not saying Amoroso dazzled, but he had moments, and I hope Coach Crean had a solid reason for his exile. He could have helped.

Except last night, even if this year's Wade was on Marquette, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of that pathetic, lackluster, dispiriting effort.

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: Remembering Ryan Amoroso...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »
I don't know what happened, however earlier this week Crean mentioned that his poor attitude contributed to our loss against Alabama.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »
I've never had it explained to me exactly what happened with Amoroso, but considering that big men on just about every team we played abused MU...

Amo had his chance......he blew it. 

so be it

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 05:08:26 PM »
Not sure what all happened...still, I think I'd have rather had Ammo this year than Blackledge.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 05:29:31 PM »
Not sure what all happened...still, I think I'd have rather had Ammo this year than Blackledge.

why?  trend contributed as much this year in conference play as Amo did last year.  And it looks like Amo had an attitude problem

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »
That's a little tough on Blackledge only because he couldn't play the last 10-12 games.

Plus, Blackledge may have the huge edge off the court but as fans we never see that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »
Too many people are in love with the dream of Ryan Amoroso.  If there had been some magical way to transplant Chris Grimms head and heart into Ryan Amoroso's body, (a) he wouldn't have transferred because (b) he would have worked hard and not been a freakin' no-d playin, dumb foul commitin, stupid my-space ncaa violation postin, me-firster whose attitude and conflict with the coach impacted the team.   I, too, would have loved a player with Ryan's skill set this year.   But, it is a moot point, so best of luck to him at SDSU.   The fantasy of Ryan Amoroso was never going to happen at MU.   Sad, but true.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:39:23 PM »
I second tower912 and ask all in favor.........

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 09:05:22 PM »
word...Amo was clearly talented but clearly a loser.  Coached enough and played enough team sports that it was obvious to me that he was not on the same page as the team and over time became a problem.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
additute and from what i understand gambling problems as well. if trend can get his grades together, i see him being a lot better than Ammo could have been, a lot more positive than Ammo ever was.

Irish Assassin

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 12:47:25 AM »
Amo had a little problem with the juice and hgh. 

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 12:54:02 AM »
Amo even has 5 second vids of himself taking jumpshots...dunking...taking a free throw...flexing his arm  ::)

searcch "marquette basketball" on youtube, you'll find like a dozen of him up there

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 01:46:25 AM »
additute and from what i understand gambling problems as well. if trend can get his grades together, i see him being a lot better than Ammo could have been, a lot more positive than Ammo ever was.

I dont think we will ever see blackledge put up 30 points in a game ever
all blackledge is made to do is fill up a scholarship spot and cheer from the bench

apparently after the GAS crean pushed ammo and pushed ammo and ammo mouthed off and got an attitude problem so crean just benched him - no questions asked

DAtruth

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 08:08:05 AM »
hold on hold on..your telling me we gave up a big with an attitude...  ??? :'(