[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN Bubble Watch  (Read 16072 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: ESPN Bubble Watch
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2022, 04:52:11 PM »
I think we’re a lock. Lose out and go 17-14. Still safely in with no Dayton.

One more win is a stone cold lock though.

Yeah - the only way we’d be out would be if they still considered record in the last ten games. Glad they got rid of that…

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2022, 04:59:58 PM »

Yeah - the only way we’d be out would be if they still considered record in the last ten games. Glad they got rid of that…

Wasn’t that called the Wojo?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 05:00:37 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 05:11:10 PM »
Jerry Palm has Marquette as an 8 seed playing Miami for the right to play Kansas in the Round of 32.

Jerry needs a new job.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 05:27:58 PM »
Creighton has the best pick and roll defense in the league. I hope they are on the other side of the bracket. If we're in the 4/5 game, I'd much rather see Xavier or Seton Hall.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
Jerry needs a new job.

If MU loses another regular season game and then loses their first BE Tourney game, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up a 7 or 8 seed.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2022, 05:34:59 PM »
If MU loses another regular season game and then loses their first BE Tourney game, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up a 7 or 8 seed.

Like you, Jerry Palm sucks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2022, 01:20:03 PM »
ESPN Bubble Watch
Marquette Golden Eagles
Close games have been bad news for Marquette lately. On paper, this is a group that has lost four of its past six, and those defeats came by two points, eight points, six points and one point to Providence, UConn, Butler and Creighton, respectively. True, the one-point setback on the road to the Bluejays included a banked-in 3 by Golden Eagles guard Kam Jones in the final second. Still, all these contests came down to the 40th minute, and now Shaka Smart's team has dropped to a No. 7 seed in the bracket. To hold that position, MU needs to finish strong at home against the Bulldogs and St. John's and, in between those games, on the road versus DePaul. (updated Feb. 20)

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »
Like you, Jerry Palm sucks

They might suck, but not for projecting Marquette as a lower seed with the losses piling up.  You can't keep squandering games you're in position to win.  The Providence and Creighton road contests were winnable in the final moments and Marquette tossed both opportunities right out the window.  The team failed to box out up one after a missed three at the "Dunk" and we all know what happened yesterday - one unforced error after another against an already thin roster that lost one of its best players!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2022, 01:36:46 PM »
They might suck, but not for projecting Marquette as a lower seed with the losses piling up.  You can't keep squandering games you're in position to win.  The Providence and Creighton road contests were winnable in the final moments and Marquette tossed both opportunities right out the window.  The team failed to box out up one after a missed three at the "Dunk" and we all know what happened yesterday - one unforced error after another against an already thin roster that lost one of its best players!

Jerry Palm sucks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2022, 02:38:52 PM »
what ever cushion we had built is now gone. These next 3 games have a lot more significance that most of us would have thought a few weeks ago and I'm nervous as none of them seem to be "gimme's"

Butler - already beat us once
DePaul - They are playing a lot better + @winturst always makes me nervous
St. Johns - This is the same team we all agreed we were ok not having to play twice

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2022, 02:54:24 PM »
Butler - already beat us once
DePaul - They are playing a lot better + @winturst always makes me nervous
St. Johns - This is the same team we all agreed we were ok not having to play twice

I like my winturst with secret stadium sauce and sauerkraut.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2022, 03:00:20 PM »
For the record, I am much more concerned about the Phil and the new golf league than I am about MU playing in the tourney.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2022, 08:37:47 PM »
Should be in
Marquette Golden Eagles
Despite trailing for much of the contest, Marquette got 16 points from Darryl Morsell and managed to win 64-56 at home against Butler. A loss there would have meant suffering a season sweep at the hands of the Bulldogs and an extended period in which the only victory posted by the Golden Eagles came at home over Georgetown. Instead, Shaka Smart's group is but one win away from lock status. (updated Feb. 26)

panda

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2022, 08:43:30 PM »
Should be in
Marquette Golden Eagles
Despite trailing for much of the contest, Marquette got 16 points from Darryl Morsell and managed to win 64-56 at home against Butler. A loss there would have meant suffering a season sweep at the hands of the Bulldogs and an extended period in which the only victory posted by the Golden Eagles came at home over Georgetown. Instead, Shaka Smart's group is but one win away from lock status. (updated Feb. 26)

How is a fringe 6 seed with one game to play in the regular season not a lock ?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2022, 09:17:42 PM »
How is a fringe 6 seed with one game to play in the regular season not a lock ?

2 games, but yeah we are locked up
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

panda

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2022, 09:24:45 PM »

Lol that is the second time I’ve made that mistake 🙈🙈🙈

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2022, 09:47:06 AM »
It is three games left. Had we lost to Butler, DePaul, St. John's and 1st game of Big East tournament we would have been a bubble team. I think we now could lose the last three and still be in. The worst would be a play in game. Of course, we would be worrying about the wrong teams winning their conference tournaments.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2022, 10:45:04 AM »
It is three games left. Had we lost to Butler, DePaul, St. John's and 1st game of Big East tournament we would have been a bubble team. I think we now could lose the last three and still be in. The worst would be a play in game. Of course, we would be worrying about the wrong teams winning their conference tournaments.

He said "in the regular season". There are two games left in the regular season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2022, 10:50:06 AM »
I don't think we are a lock.  Think if we lose final 2 games and first in big east tourney we are on bubble and maybe out.  WE need to win both final games to lock a bid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2022, 10:59:00 AM »
Then you really need to do more research.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2022, 10:59:56 AM »
I think we’re a lock regardless of what happens. Although, a loss to DePaul, St. Johns (x2?…guessing make up is out of the question), and Georgetown is still possible and that would be a complete disaster. Couple that with maybe a few of our games sliding a quadrant (ie Providence moves to Q2) and our resume may look a lot worse on Selection Sunday than it does today.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2022, 11:20:03 AM »
I think we’re a lock regardless of what happens. Although, a loss to DePaul, St. Johns (x2?…guessing make up is out of the question), and Georgetown is still possible and that would be a complete disaster. Couple that with maybe a few of our games sliding a quadrant (ie Providence moves to Q2) and our resume may look a lot worse on Selection Sunday than it does today.

I think yesterday's win puts us in the Lock category.  Providence won the Big East and only has three loses (including one to us).  They aren't sliding out of Quad 1.  Let's beat DePaul and SJU and then it doesn't matter.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »
I think MU is a lock now too. But, the seed position could fall pretty significantly without at least one more win. Gassaway is appropriately cautious about granting locks. MU can get there in his book with one more win, or if enough of the teams on the bubble fail to mount strong finishes.

MUs NET is dropping as expected with the games against teams in the bottom part of the league. And Xavier’s collapse has taken away one of MU’s Quad 1 wins.

At one time MU had an NET in the 20’s with as many Q1 wins as anyone. Now the NET is down to 36 and there are a lot of teams that can match or exceed MUs 6 Quad 1 wins. They really might be looking at an 8 or 9 seed if they lose one or two of the games this week.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 03:04:54 PM by wisblue »

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2022, 04:59:06 PM »
I think MU is a lock now too. But, the seed position could fall pretty significantly without at least one more win. Gassaway is appropriately cautious about granting locks. MU can get there in his book with one more win, or if enough of the teams on the bubble fail to mount strong finishes.

MUs NET is dropping as expected with the games against teams in the bottom part of the league. And Xavier’s collapse has taken away one of MU’s Quad 1 wins.

At one time MU had an NET in the 20’s with as many Q1 wins as anyone. Now the NET is down to 36 and there are a lot of teams that can match or exceed MUs 6 Quad 1 wins. They really might be looking at an 8 or 9 seed if they lose one or two of the games this week.

Not accurate.

feedback