collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: USC Snubs 13 Year Old Recruit  (Read 1652 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
USC Snubs 13 Year Old Recruit
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/USC-screws-over-13-year-old-recruit-again?urn=ncaab,186742

Three years ago a 13 year old commited to USC under Tim Floyd.  Now that Floyd is gone USC has no plans on givng him a scholarship.

GGGG

• All American
Re: USC Snubs 13 Year Old Recruit
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
Recruits given verbal offers are snubbed all of the time regardless of their age.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »
I realize the coach is gone, but it seems crazy to go after a 13 year old and then pull back the offer. 

Essentially you could go after anyone who is in grade school, then decline the offer if it turns out the kid sucks because he's been playing 7th graders.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »
It's just crazy to offer scholarships to 13 year olds period. 

But offers are pulled all of the time.  Remember Kyle Kelm?  The incoming senior from Randoph who was offered by Buzz last summer?  I can pretty much guaranty that he won't be in an MU uniform next year even if he wanted to be.

Different sport I know, but my son's friend had a football scholarship lined up at a D2 school that was pulled the day before signing day.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
Tim Floyd is a joke on so many levels... nothing surprises me about this guy's recruiting practices.

feedback