collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Class of 2009 Goodbye Video  (Read 6063 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Marquette Class of 2009 Goodbye Video
« on: April 30, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtozdeVGEWE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FtozdeVGEWE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Marquette Class of 2009 Goodbye Video
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »
I was not consulted for this video, the word shameful comes to mind. Had I been driving a car I would have been compelled to drive through this crowd.

Most of these kids are RA/MUSG goons who are the only ones that ever go to MU Late Night sober.

;D

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
The saddest thing about this video (and there's so many to choose from) is that 1.) If this song is supposed to represent "college life" due to Animal House, they need to examine the source. The classic scene was a drunken house party, which is pretty much the antithesis of what this is. It's like Justin Timberlake acting in a performance of MacBeth.

It's pretty much exactly the same as the South Park episode where they spoof High School Musical.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ea57_south-park-1213-elementary-school-m_fun

"This....is cool?"

2.) Congratulations on all the hard work and hours that went into choreographing it, but for what purpose? This has got to be the tiniest flash mob that I've ever seen. There's seriously like 30 people. Check out what they did at North Carolina;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruEMaDZWRcs

admittedly a state school so you can get bigger numbers, but also note the following
-More people having fun
-Fewer people looking at them with a "what a dumbass" expression
-No need for country line-dance choreography
-No matching T-shirts
-More genuine school pride
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:10:21 PM by notkirkcameron »
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

soloWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
what a bunch of wankers!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
Wow, tough crowd. 

I'll bet their parents thought it was worth the entire $120,000 tuition cost.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
I think I might stay in school an extra year so I will not be in the same class as these people.

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
Are all alumni and chapman pompous a**holes or is it just you guys? I'm guessing the latter.

How about we stop being uptight pricks and just enjoy this?
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

Falkinator

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »
Why the hell are people bashing this video when they don't even know what there watching? For the idiots who don't know what this is, its called flash mobbing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob

Although it is pre-planned, it is completely spontaneous in where it happens and when it happens. You can't see it in the video, but if you were there to witness it, you would see that there were several hundred people in central mall who were watching it.

The best example of this is this video that some of you may have seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6b9bMBXpg

So in reality, it was awesome and epic. These were just some seniors having fun, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »
I think I might stay in school an extra year so I will not be in the same class as these people.

+1

I'd enjoy something if it was of any quality.

Thanks for showing up to the game late Falkinator. Go up and read NKC's post, we know what flashmobing is and this was a piss-poor attempt at it. So take a moment to realize you're own failure. Not Kirt is right saying it's a besmirching of an Animal House Classic moment. If you're gonna play "shout", play it at a house party and do it right. Though I'd say anyone who was in on that choreographed piece of crap wouldnt know what a "house party" is.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
So in reality, it was awesome and epic. These were just some seniors having fun, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Notkirkcameron pretty much summed it up.  If this is an attempt at “flash mobbing”, someone should submit it to FAIL Blog.  Awesome and epic was the drunk guy that was running around the 17th St. alley in his underwear waving a plastic sword earlier in the week.  They have to let a guy like that plan these things.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 09:42:42 PM »
Count me in with Desert_eagle. 

I'd like to see you haters do better.   You organize a few dozen people, choreograph a routine, spend a few hours practicing, execute it, post it here, then we'll compare the two.

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
Count me in with Desert_eagle. 

I'd like to see you haters do better.   You organize a few dozen people, choreograph a routine, spend a few hours practicing, execute it, post it here, then we'll compare the two.

+1. Lay off. They're just having a little fun.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
Anyone who was at Murphy's one night during Senior Week last year (possibly friday...its all a blur frankly) knows what SHOULD happen when "Shout!" is played....

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
C'mon 1104, some details...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
C'mon 1104, some details...

Everyone takes a sip of their Miller Lite and high fives each other, with a hearty, "Yeah dude, I'm so ripped!".

It's quite a sight, so I hear.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
  Everyone takes a sip of their Miller Lite and high fives each other, with a hearty, "Yeah dude, I'm so ripped!".

It's quite a sight, so I hear.

Jay Bee some bouncer at the Bars take away your fake? or you get your girl stolen there?

GOMU1104 - I am looking forward to my blur of senior week. I hear 2am on Saturday nite before graduation is indescribable.

H-top, d-eagle --> come to murphs/caffs during senior week. you could easily come up with a  better video. And we wont be lip syncing then either. And we'll be more true to original  "Shout" scene.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »
Jay Bee some bouncer at the Bars take away your fake? or you get your girl stolen there?

GOMU1104 - I am looking forward to my blur of senior week. I hear 2am on Saturday nite before graduation is indescribable.

H-top, d-eagle --> come to murphs/caffs during senior week. you could easily come up with a  better video. And we wont be lip syncing then either. And we'll be more true to original  "Shout" scene.

Nothing like having beer sh*ts and sweating through the ceremonies...not to mention some jabroni putting you to sleep with his speech.  Only entertaining thing was the beach balls.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »

+1

feedback