[Today at 09:14:48 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kentucky’s John Calipari attends Pope’s congressional address  (Read 1714 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Kentucky’s John Calipari attends Pope’s congressional address
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
Excuse me while I vomit ...

Posted: Thu Sep. 24, 2015

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/09/24/kentucky-john-calipari-pope-congress-address

Admission to see the Pope speak to Congress on Thursday is one of the hottest tickets on the planet, and Kentucky head coach John Calipari managed to snag one.

Coach #Cal is in the House for #PopeFrancis. Pope is the only person who recruits better than Cal . pic.twitter.com/jO1UgRsO5g
    — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen) September 24, 2015

Headed to see the pope. I'll be in the gallery for this momentous occasion to see a true servant leader, one who puts our most needy first!
    — John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) September 24, 2015

Coach Cal also jumped on Twitter to let Big Blue Nation how he would have them in his thoughts as the Pope spoke to joint assembly session of Congress.

I'll be praying for everyone on my prayer list in the pope's presence. I'll throw one in there for the #BBN.

Please don't hate me for loving the pope. If I get close enough, I absolutely will kiss his ring.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Kentucky’s John Calipari attends Pope’s congressional address
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
Coach Cal also jumped on Twitter to let Big Blue Nation how he would have them in his thoughts as the Pope spoke to joint assembly session of Congress.

I'll be praying for everyone on my prayer list in the pope's presence. I'll throw one in there for the #BBN.

So what exactly is that prayer for Big Blue Nation (#BBN)?

Dear lord please give the used car salesmen that Support Kentucky basketball the strength to sell cars on unsuspecting customers so they can continue to donate to the program. 

And lord, give me the strength to pick up that big bag of cash to hand it to that blue chip recruit.

Finally lord, give our hackers the wisdom to break into that blue chip recruits school server to change his grades to make him eligible just like we did with Derek Rose.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 11:22:33 AM by Heisenberg »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »
Superbar
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
Who was he recruiting?        Good for him.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »
Superbar

That's a fact.

Not to mention, who cares?  I wouldn't mind being there.  I'm sure a lot of people would like to be there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »
Who was he recruiting?        Good for him.   

Well Pope Francis only spent three years as a seminarian so I believe he still has a year of eligibility left.

Would he be UK's first grad transfer ever?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »
Probably doesn't take it to da hole with authority doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »
Excuse me while I vomit ...

Posted: Thu Sep. 24, 2015

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/09/24/kentucky-john-calipari-pope-congress-address

Admission to see the Pope speak to Congress on Thursday is one of the hottest tickets on the planet, and Kentucky head coach John Calipari managed to snag one.

Coach #Cal is in the House for #PopeFrancis. Pope is the only person who recruits better than Cal . pic.twitter.com/jO1UgRsO5g
    — Steve Cohen (@RepCohen) September 24, 2015

Headed to see the pope. I'll be in the gallery for this momentous occasion to see a true servant leader, one who puts our most needy first!

Please don't hate me for loving the pope. If I get close enough, I absolutely will kiss his ring.

Why would you vomit?  You realize he is with a joint session of congress, right?  Cal is probably the least, well, squirmy (to use the parlance of this board, man) person in attendance. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »
Why would you vomit?  You realize he is with a joint session of congress, right?  Cal is probably the least, well, squirmy (to use the parlance of this board, man) person in attendance.

You're right! 

On an absolute scale Cal is Squirmy.  But on a relative scale, he's nearly a patron saint among those sleaze balls.

I take back that comment.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »
That's a fact.

Not to mention, who cares?  I wouldn't mind being there.  I'm sure a lot of people would like to be there.

Agree. John is a private citizen entitled to show excitement for going to this event. Why not restrict our "vomit" for BB or UK related actions... and leave him alone one on this one.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:53 PM »
Not surprising.  I told the story here a few years ago after we hired him as a spokesman for Mega March Madness product.  First thing he wanted to do when he landed, find a church.   First thing he did in the morning, go to mass before the commercials were shot.

brandx

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
Agree. John is a private citizen entitled to show excitement for going to this event. Why not restrict our "vomit" for BB or UK related actions... and leave him alone one on this one.

Exactly.

A catholic excited to see the Pope. Sounds pretty normal.