collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Report: Georgetown RB Ty Williams breaks neck, could be paralyzed  (Read 1444 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Report: Georgetown RB Ty Williams breaks neck, could be paralyzed
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »
This is football ... I remember KC Chief LB Jovan Belcher who in 2012 that murdered his girlfriend, kissed her dead body, drove to the Chiefs' practice facility and put his gun to his head and blew his brains out in front of Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, head coach Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Gary Gibbs.

This happened 24 hours before the Chiefs next regular season game.  But this is football, so get out the mop and shovel, clean up the mess ... next man up!

So are they saying "next man up" at Georgetown too?  Isn't that what we do in football?  As we said in the concussion post, no one cares about these players or this stuff ... get your 11 best out their now and "just win baby!"

-------------------------------------

Report: Georgetown RB Ty Williams breaks neck, could be paralyzed

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/06/georgetown-hoyas-ty-williams-broken-neck

Georgetown running back/linebacker Ty Williams suffered a broken neck in the Hoyas’ game against St. Francis (Pa.) and underwent surgery late Saturday, reports Mike Cornejo of MoCoFootball.com.

Williams has five broken bones in the neck/vertebrae and can’t move his legs, though he has feeling in them.

In a statement issued Sunday night, Georgetown called the injury “serious” and said Williams had surgery at a hospital near St. Francis on Saturday night.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Ty Williams and his family,” Georgetown athletic director Lee Reed said in a statement. “The coming days will be very important and we will be here to support him and his family. We ask our fans and the entire Georgetown community to believe and pray for Ty as he begins the recovery process.”

John Kelley, who coached Williams at Quince Orchard High School in Maryland, said Saturday that the injury could leave Williams paralyzed.

“Please pray for him and family,”​ Kelley, now the head coach at Quince Orchard, said. “[Williams is] one of the best kids ever, hopefully things work out.”​​

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Report: Georgetown RB Ty Williams breaks neck, could be paralyzed
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »
Accidents happen....in all sports.  How many soccer players have we had die during a game in the last 5 years? DIE, not just paralyzed?  What is it now, 4 or 5?

Prayers for the young man that played a game he loved.  No one forced him to play, especially in non-scholarship football.  Hopefully the young man can recover to some point to have a reasonably productive life.  Tragic accident. 

Prayers up

brandx

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 12:06:15 PM »
Compassion personified!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »
Best wishes for the kid.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »
I remember watching the Tatum hit on Stingley live. There wasn't anything unusual about the play, except that it was the right amount of force at the right point of attack.

Football is a violent sport with the degree of danger increasing with every successive level. NFL players have so much speed, mass, and strength that Stingley outcomes are not surprising and fortunately rare.

I think football is headed for a catharsis which the NFL, despite its money and influence, might not be able to control.

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 03:03:48 PM »
Compassion personified!

Two weeks ago 50 year old Eric Kramer, the former Bears QB that holds all the QB records that Cutler does not have, wrote a suicide note that has been battling with depression and was still deeply affected by the death of his 18 years son.  His ex-wife blames CTE for his depression.

He put a gun in his mouth and at the last instant the survival instinct took over and he suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Bears fans response ... to pass around the joke that Kramer was never able to hit his target.

Compassion personified from the typical football fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-nfl-quarterback-erik-kramer-survives-apparent-suicide-attempt-142838823.html

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »
Kramer lived in my old home town, good friends with a few associates of mine.  His son's death was from one of my rival high schools...it was a drug overdose.  Kramer has suffered through a number of things for a long time.

Whether it is CTE or not, impossible to say since it cannot be diagnosed until death.

I see Brandx was an idiot again.  I offered prayers up, hope like hell the kid is ok.  Sorry that wasn't compassionate enough for you.  Football is an impact sport as are many other sports, some of which have even less impact but more deaths strangely enough.   Hoping for the best for the young man.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 12:35:09 AM »
Brandx was referring to me.  I was pointing out how football treats it players like meat and the fans don't really give a crap about them once the are gone.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 01:01:25 AM »
Well, then I apologize to Brand.  Having him on ignore, I don't always get the full context.