[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 385694 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2375 on: April 18, 2021, 11:09:45 AM »
Mrs pbiflyer with 2nd jab of Pfizer Friday. Sore arm but no other side effects.
Young pbiflyer first Pfizer jab, same results.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2376 on: April 18, 2021, 12:43:02 PM »
Good to hear.

While side effects are real for some people, I think when we hear the stories, we get the impression that they are more widespread than they really are.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2377 on: April 18, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
Good to hear.

While side effects are real for some people, I think when we hear the stories, we get the impression that they are more widespread than they really are.

Agree. I am 2+ weeks out after my second dose of Pfizer, and all I had from either one was a little bit of arm soreness.

And while many people do get very real side effects, they pale in comparison to what could happen if they caught the virus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2378 on: April 18, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »
From the Charlotte Observer:

Evangelist Franklin Graham is still catching grief from some of his Facebook followers weeks after saying Jesus would have supported getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

“You my friend Franklin Graham are leading your sheep to slaughter,” a woman posted Friday.

“Satanic sell out,” another woman posted.

“STOP,” said another last week. “It is NOT your job as a pastor to try and talk people into taking a vaccine that is considered experimental.”

“I WILL NOT GET THE VACCINE!!!” yet another woman posted. “God knew when I was conceived when and how I was to die.”

The woman said she’s twice had cancer “and I am still here. I am 77 years old. My God is good.”

Wow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2380 on: April 18, 2021, 04:17:41 PM »

“I WILL NOT GET THE VACCINE!!!” yet another woman posted. “God knew when I was conceived when and how I was to die.”

Sounds like a great way to avoid taking responsibility for your actions.

“It was all God’s plan.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2381 on: April 18, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »
God knows when I am going to die, why should I take these antibiotics? If god wants my raging staph infection to go away he has the power! Who am I to intervene in his plan?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2382 on: April 18, 2021, 07:48:37 PM »
Good to hear.

I got my 2nd Pfizer last Sunday and felt the worst I've felt in many years on Monday.  But I woke up Tuesday morning feeling so much better and like a new person.  I wasn't even sick for 24 hours - that was no big deal.  Yet a friend told me the reactions after the 2nd dose are keeping some people she knows from getting vaccinated.  I know many people who have had no reaction at all to the vaccine.  One more week until I'm fully vaccinated - woo hoo!  And a little over a month until I go visit my parents who I haven't seen in almost 1.5 years...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2383 on: April 18, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
I got my 2nd Pfizer last Sunday and felt the worst I've felt in many years on Monday.  But I woke up Tuesday morning feeling so much better and like a new person.  I wasn't even sick for 24 hours - that was no big deal.  Yet a friend told me the reactions after the 2nd dose are keeping some people she knows from getting vaccinated.  I know many people who have had no reaction at all to the vaccine.  One more week until I'm fully vaccinated - woo hoo!  And a little over a month until I go visit my parents who I haven't seen in almost 1.5 years...

It's a really liberating feeling, my brother.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2384 on: April 19, 2021, 09:00:54 AM »
From the Charlotte Observer:

Evangelist Franklin Graham is still catching grief from some of his Facebook followers weeks after saying Jesus would have supported getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

“You my friend Franklin Graham are leading your sheep to slaughter,” a woman posted Friday.

“Satanic sell out,” another woman posted.

“STOP,” said another last week. “It is NOT your job as a pastor to try and talk people into taking a vaccine that is considered experimental.”

The woman said she’s twice had cancer “and I am still here. I am 77 years old. My God is good.”

Wow.

Franklin Graham Sowing: Haha yes, this rules.

Franklin Graham Reaping: OMG, this sucks, wtf?

SERocks

• Team Captain

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2387 on: April 19, 2021, 05:38:34 PM »
Did anybody else think the timing of last night's TV special to encourage everyone to get vaccinated was a little premature? We can debate until the cows come home whether PR like that is effective in the first place, but if it is - why last night when demand is still outstripping supply? Shouldn't that be airing when anyone who wants a vaccine can stroll into their neighborhood drug store and get one?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2388 on: April 19, 2021, 06:22:15 PM »
Did anybody else think the timing of last night's TV special to encourage everyone to get vaccinated was a little premature? We can debate until the cows come home whether PR like that is effective in the first place, but if it is - why last night when demand is still outstripping supply? Shouldn't that be airing when anyone who wants a vaccine can stroll into their neighborhood drug store and get one?

Demand is not outstripping supply everywhere.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2389 on: April 19, 2021, 07:31:58 PM »

Correct. Just one example:

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/health-science/2021/04/19/396131/nrg-mass-vaccination-site-no-longer-requiring-appointments/

But as the number of vaccines allocated has increased, the number of people looking to get vaccinated has not kept pace, Hidalgo said.

“Demand hasn’t just caught up with supply,” she said “There is more supply than there is demand.”

The NRG site was at one point able to consistently vaccinate 6,000-7,000 people a day. Last week, that number dropped by about half, Hidalgo said.

“Over the weekend, and even today, we’re seeing very low numbers that show us we’re leaving vaccines on the table,” Hidalgo said. “We’re leaving this resource unused.”

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2390 on: April 19, 2021, 08:55:47 PM »
Very true in many places.  You can pretty much drive up to the FEMA site in Gary, Indiana, they don't care where you're from.  And the Quincy mass vaccination site in Illinois  is not scheduling first doses after this Saturday. They were doing a lot of J&J but will only be doing second doses now.  And there are plenty of last minute appointments in the greater Chicago area.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2391 on: April 19, 2021, 09:20:34 PM »
Very true in many places.  You can pretty much drive up to the FEMA site in Gary, Indiana, they don't care where you're from.  And the Quincy mass vaccination site in Illinois  is not scheduling first doses after this Saturday. They were doing a lot of J&J but will only be doing second doses now.  And there are plenty of last minute appointments in the greater Chicago area.

My daughter lives in Fargo and got her second Moderna shot earlier in the week. She said attendance was very sparse, with nurses sitting around waiting for people to show up. She chatted with one while she was waiting her requisite 15 minutes, and the nurse said they had plenty of vaccine and underutilized staff.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2392 on: April 19, 2021, 10:30:21 PM »
Second shot in this afternoon. My appointment was supposed to be at 4:15, but I showed up at 2, and no line whatsoever. First dose line was 6 deep.

Anxious to see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2393 on: April 20, 2021, 08:18:17 AM »
Not directly related to the COVID vaccine.  This just happened this morning. 

Connecticut State House votes to eliminate religious exemptions for mandatory school immunizations

CT Governor already said he would sign and it's expected to pass the State Senate.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2394 on: April 20, 2021, 08:40:39 AM »

Connecticut State House votes to eliminate religious exemptions for mandatory school immunizations

CT Governor already said he would sign and it's expected to pass the State Senate.

Good.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2395 on: April 20, 2021, 08:53:13 AM »

Got it.  Probably better timed than I thought while hiding here in my bubble.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2396 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:03 AM »

Excellent, all states should follow. It's a bogus exemption to begin with.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2397 on: April 20, 2021, 08:59:22 AM »

Outstanding. Thanks for posting.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2398 on: April 20, 2021, 09:27:31 AM »
Second shot in this afternoon. My appointment was supposed to be at 4:15, but I showed up at 2, and no line whatsoever. First dose line was 6 deep.

Anxious to see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.

Hope you're doing well, Dish.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2399 on: April 20, 2021, 09:28:36 AM »
In Charlotte, anybody 16-up can walk into a vaccine site and get a shot.