Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler On CNN...  (Read 2747 times)

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Butler On CNN...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
I can only think this story came out at the perfect time for him, planned or not.  Congrats to Jimmy, nice interview.

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »
makes me think of the movie "Blind Side"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »
I love how Jimmy's story has unfolded. Great work by Buzz and company to keep it under wraps, and after watching how hard he worked to go from role-player to first round NBA draft pick, I don't feel sorry for him at all. He was given a tough road, but it takes an exceptional person to face all the trials he did and still come out on top. Jimmy has been very fortunate, but that fortune was the product of dedication and hard work. Really glad to see this come out when it did, after he seemed assured of being drafted. Great work by Buzz, Michelle, and most important, Jimmy. Proud to be a Marquette alum.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
Talk about blunt questions.  Good on Jimmy for not losing his crap on that interviewer.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »
Terrible, badly-prepared interviewer; class interviewees.  Love that Jimmy included MU in his blessings. I'm a now Bulls fan when Jimmy's playing.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »
I can only think this story came out at the perfect time for him, planned or not.  Congrats to Jimmy, nice interview.

The release of that story, the Katz interview, and the Chad Ford article, were a PR grand slam.  Timing was perfect for this story.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
9 times out of 10 a childhood like Jimmy's brings major question marks in scouts minds.  This is really a testament in how special Jimmy is.  The way he was able to completely clear an almost impossible hurdle ended any questions on his character and actually ended up making him an inspiration to everyone.  Michelle earlier said that Jimmy needed someone to make proud.....well he has made tens of thousands of people proud!  :)

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »
9 times out of 10 a childhood like Jimmy's brings major question marks in scouts minds.  This is really a testament in how special Jimmy is.  The way he was able to completely clear an almost impossible hurdle ended any questions on his character and actually ended up making him an inspiration to everyone.  Michelle earlier said that Jimmy needed someone to make proud.....well he has made tens of thousands of people proud!  :)

I'd sure love to see who you're talking about in those nine out of ten.

Frankly, I think 9 of 10 times when a kid rises out of the kind of adversity that Butler did and then does well in college, it erases all question marks.

Who would you rather have--a kid who had absolutely nothing, was given a chance to get his life in order, and took full advantage of it?

Or a kid who's had everything his entire life--elite private schools, his own car, the best trainers and personal coaches money can buy---handed to him on a silver platter paid for by mommy and daddy, and then feels entitled to his spot on an NBA roster?

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »
This also shows well for Buzz and how he developed and help Jimmy get to this point.

feedback