Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Succession plan  (Read 4377 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Succession plan
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »
I posted something to this effect yesterday as well, that Buzz Williams coming here last summer and the cicumstances aroundf it, struck me as a bit odd, and the more I think about it, the more I maintain my suspicion that Buzz was brought in here as an assistant for this exact reason. He and Crean, perhaps with the knowledge of the administration, more or less developed the succession plan, whether they knew when it would be enacted or not. This year, next year, whenever. Like Painter at Purdue, Sutton at OSU, Tony Bennett - Crean knew he would be pulling out at some point soon, and his replacement may have been a foregone conclusion.  I think the IU thing may have just moved things along faster than anyone expected.

Perhaps I'm off my nut, but the fact that I had this feeling well before Buzz was elevated, makes me think I may have something. I'm not saying it is some vast right wing conspiracy, nor am I saying it is necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but I think it may be a thing.

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Succession plan
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
Crean shot Kennedy.

groove

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »
9/11 was a Crean job

:)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »
Crean is Elvis.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:57:09 AM »
Don't think Crean did not have something to do with the subprime mortgage mess

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:58:58 AM »
Crean killed JR.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »
Crean is Elvis.

Weel, he is Elvis in Bloomington - for now. But as we all know, Elvis died of a heart attack while sitting on the toilet.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:42 AM »
Crean got Favre to retire.

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »
Crean shot Mr. Burns

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
Crean stole the secret recipe that makes Orange Julius so devlishly good.

Marqdman

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »
Crean knows where the beef is.....

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
Global warming is Crean's plan to better tanning conditions

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
Crean was behind "New Coke".
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:44 AM »
Crean staged the moon landing in his backyard

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 11:27:42 AM »
Crean in the Parlor with a Candlestick!

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »
Crean in the Parlor with a Candlestick!

Crean in the AL with a tanning bed.

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »
Crean is Col. Mustard.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
I posted something to this effect yesterday as well, that Buzz Williams coming here last summer and the cicumstances aroundf it, struck me as a bit odd, and the more I think about it, the more I maintain my suspicion that Buzz was brought in here as an assistant for this exact reason. He and Crean, perhaps with the knowledge of the administration, more or less developed the succession plan, whether they knew when it would be enacted or not. This year, next year, whenever. Like Painter at Purdue, Sutton at OSU, Tony Bennett - Crean knew he would be pulling out at some point soon, and his replacement may have been a foregone conclusion.  I think the IU thing may have just moved things along faster than anyone expected.

Perhaps I'm off my nut, but the fact that I had this feeling well before Buzz was elevated, makes me think I may have something. I'm not saying it is some vast right wing conspiracy, nor am I saying it is necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but I think it may be a thing.

Naivin, are you a certain radio personality for 1250 wssp in Milwaukee? Because the same conspiracy theory was brought up today between the hours of 9 and 11.

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
Crean stole the cookie from the cookie jar

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »
Crean rigged the 1919 World Series and ejected the Billy Goat from Wrigley in 1945.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
Mikey didn't do it Crean did
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »
Crean knows where D.B. Cooper has been hiding.
We Are Marquette

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »
Crean knows where D.B. Cooper has been hiding.

Didn't he die in jail in Joliet?  No wait...That was just Prison Break.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »
Crean buried Hoffa.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »

Naivin, are you a certain radio personality for 1250 wssp in Milwaukee? Because the same conspiracy theory was brought up today between the hours of 9 and 11.

I'm happy to say I am not, and very disappointed to hear this. I can only hope that whoever that personality is, brought up the idea because he read it here.

feedback