collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1112101 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9875 on: March 04, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »
i think Brewers management is worried about some crazy stuff happening in the parking lots that would subject the organization to criticism.  Bad optics that would be spread around and reflect poorly on the Brewers.  You guys are right, it makes no sense from a health standpoint. 

It also allows them to capture the market on food and beverage from a smaller crowd.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9876 on: March 04, 2021, 12:40:24 PM »
Fake/forged vaccine cards.

Bad idea.

No plan is full proof and there will be bad apples no doubt who abuse it but I like to think 99% of people would play by the rules. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9877 on: March 04, 2021, 12:54:25 PM »
Fake/forged vaccine cards.

Bad idea.

I mean by this logic shouldn't we not have access to alcohol or weed because fake/forged ID cards?

Even if they simply made the tickets available to local Police, Fire, healthcare. Maybe it's just a thousand or so people but that's one step closer to normalcy.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9878 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:36 PM »
I mean by this logic shouldn't we not have access to alcohol or weed because fake/forged ID cards?

Even if they simply made the tickets available to local Police, Fire, healthcare. Maybe it's just a thousand or so people but that's one step closer to normalcy.

A better idea would be some sort of national registry where participation is voluntary and venues could use to verify your status.
Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9879 on: March 04, 2021, 01:19:10 PM »
I mean, you can just download it an print it off at Kinkos (do those still exist?)
https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccination-card.pdf
Kinkos was purchased and rebranded as FedEx Office.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9880 on: March 04, 2021, 02:44:19 PM »

It also allows them to capture the market on food and beverage from a smaller crowd.

You can never go wrong looking at the $$$$ angle.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9881 on: March 04, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »

Well, there are at least some standards with those these days.  The vaccine card is LITERALLY what I posted, and then filled out by hand.  I've seen the completed version of them.  Any dope with a ink-jet printer can have one, fill it out themselves, and be admitted.  There's no national database behind them to be able to verify the info.   

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9882 on: March 04, 2021, 02:49:15 PM »
Well, there are at least some standards with those these days.  The vaccine card is LITERALLY what I posted, and then filled out by hand.  I've seen the completed version of them.  Any dope with a ink-jet printer can have one, fill it out themselves, and be admitted.  There's no national database behind them to be able to verify the info.

Oh I didn't look at the link assumed it was like mine from the hospital which has a sticker with a barcode on it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9883 on: March 04, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »
Oh I didn't look at the link assumed it was like mine from the hospital which has a sticker with a barcode on it.

Individual health systems can add their own tracking (most probably do, others should), but beyond that health system the record is virtually impossible to track.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9884 on: March 04, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »
I kinda think this isn't going to be a problem come this summer.

Outdoor sporting events, along with tailgating, when you have a majority of the population vaccinated doesn't seem like it would be a problem.  (Especially if the majority of those who aren't vaccinated are refusing by choice.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9885 on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:10 PM »
Outdoor sporting events, along with tailgating, when you have a majority of the population vaccinated doesn't seem like it would be a problem.  (Especially if the majority of those who aren't vaccinated are refusing by choice.)

Agreed.  As long as variants don't somehow arise for a sequel to the year from hell!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9886 on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:42 PM »

I agree. I'm just trying to think of ways we can begin weening people back to normalcy who are vaccinated and sort of put a carrot out there for those that are dragging their feet.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9887 on: March 04, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »

If a line gets drawn in the sand that at the end of May everyone who wants a vax can have one... then those who don't are okay with the consequences.

My guess is that by the All star break we will see full stadiums... assuming the current vaccine program goes according to plan, and there are no variants that defeat the vax antibodies.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9888 on: March 04, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »
No plan is full proof and there will be bad apples no doubt who abuse it but I like to think 99% of people would play by the rules.

You believe 99% of the general public plays by the rules?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9889 on: March 04, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »
Not a chance. I already see people advising other people to lie about being a smoker in order to qualify under pre-existing conditions.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9890 on: March 04, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
Not a chance. I already see people advising other people to lie about being a smoker in order to qualify under pre-existing conditions.

Is there a legit smoker definition? Seems like it can be very loosely interpreted and that's on the people who made the guidlines
Maigh Eo for Sam

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9891 on: March 04, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »
You believe 99% of the general public plays by the rules?

Might be a bit of wishful thinking on my end

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #9892 on: March 04, 2021, 04:06:51 PM »
Now CT opening up with no indoor restrictions!!  The TX decision is starting to open up the floodgates, whooohoo!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9893 on: March 04, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »
Now CT opening up with no indoor restrictions!!  The TX decision is starting to open up the floodgates, whooohoo!

Let's hope the open flood gates don't drown us or our health care workers.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9894 on: March 04, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
Let's hope the open flood gates don't drown us or our health care workers.

It'll be interesting how the public responds.  I know I wouldn't go to a "full" indoor restaurant since nobody would be wearing masks (I mean...they are there to eat, I don't blame them).  But that's not my comfort level yet.  At least until I'm fully vaccinated and have waited the appropriate # of days past the shot for maximum effectiveness.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9895 on: March 04, 2021, 05:08:02 PM »

Restrictions and masks are 2 different things.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9896 on: March 04, 2021, 05:09:20 PM »
Restrictions and masks are 2 different things.

Yes, but almost nobody wears a mask once they are seated...and in full restaurants/bars people aren't 6 feet apart.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9897 on: March 04, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »
Yes, but almost nobody wears a mask once they are seated...and in full restaurants/bars people aren't 6 feet apart.

Understood.

But isn't lifting indoor restrictions applying to everywhere in CT? So, concerts, sporting events, religious gatherings, etc?

If there's still masks, it would help.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9898 on: March 04, 2021, 05:18:39 PM »
But isn't lifting indoor restrictions applying to everywhere in CT? So, concerts, sporting events, religious gatherings, etc?

If there's still masks, it would help.

True.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9899 on: March 04, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »
The IBM app rolling out in NY makes me think vaccine proof/confirmation for selected events in that way will be common very soon and make everything fairly seamless.

I have 4-5 different things on my phone to scan to open me to certain things when traveling abroad. This should be no different

feedback