collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Archbishop Dolan Heading To New York  (Read 3095 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Archbishop Dolan Heading To New York
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:01:18 AM »
Huge loss for Milwaukee, but big gain for NY and the rest of the country.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/40067412.html
The General has taken on a new command.

THEGYMBAR

Re: Archbishop Dolan Heading To New York
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »
Dolan is very deserving. He is  great guy. Any thoughts on replacement? I am predicting Fr. Hartman from Catholic Memorial.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »
Huge loss, but since he got here you kinda had the feeling that it was until Egan retired. He was exactly what the diocese needed after Weakland left a huge mess.

On the whole, it's a great day nationally for the Church... to have someone like him in one of the most prominent seats is outstanding.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
Bob Wild for Archbishop of Milwaukee in '09!!!!

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 11:47:53 AM »
Word is that he was convinced to move to NY by Len Elmore.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
I am very said to see him leave.  I had the pleasure of meeting him shortly after he arrived in Milwaukee when he said Mass at my Parish.  I walked up to him with my daughter who was 4 or 5 at the time and introduced myself and her.  He was just a genuinely nice person, regardless of his postion, who gave me the impression that he was very interested to meet us.

It will be nice to be able to still root for someone after they left for a "bigger" job!!!

Hopefully, he will make his way back for Irish Fest Mass as often as possible.  His are, by far the most enjoyable homilies I have heard there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »
Living away from Milwaukee, my only experience with him has been at Irishfest.   Seems like a genuine, funny, faithful, devout person.   He has the gift.  May God's grace be upon him in his new job.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »
+1 to all posts.

Never had a bad experience with the Archbishop (in worship or in other situations), and wish him the best in NY!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
"It's NY, It's NY.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
Does anyone on here remember the story someone once posted about Dolan accepting a beer at a Marquette game that he thought someone was giving to him? I swear it was on here or RingOutAhoya. I can't seem to find it using the search engine.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »
Does anyone on here remember the story someone once posted about Dolan accepting a beer at a Marquette game that he thought someone was giving to him? I swear it was on here or RingOutAhoya. I can't seem to find it using the search engine.

It was on Dodds' board.

Someone raised their glass to say hello to him rather than waive.  Dolan thought they were offering him a beer so he grabbed it and started drinking it before they could stop him.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »
It was on Dodds' board.

Someone raised their glass to say hello to him rather than waive.  Dolan thought they were offering him a beer so he grabbed it and started drinking it before they could stop him.

haha I remember that... was that cmac's story? Just classic.

I hope MU recognizes him at one of the last two games, if his schedule allows. Always loved seeing he and Fr. Wild at the games.

feedback