[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sacar, Markus, Symir, Cain & GE!  (Read 10470 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Sacar, Markus, Symir, Cain & GE!
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
I love when people complain about the in game huddle segments.

Right. There is plenty of evidence to suggest he doesn’t make changes, but the in game huddle segments aren’t an example. They don’t show tactical changes.

But you can explain that to some people over an over and they’ll still jot learn.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 11:17:24 AM »
I love when people complain about the in the huddle segments.

My favorite was the yoga breathing cuddle.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 11:27:32 AM »
Right. There is plenty of evidence to suggest he doesn’t make changes, but the in game huddle segments aren’t an example. They don’t show tactical changes.

But you can explain that to some people over an over and they’ll still jot learn.

LMAO - "They don't show tactical changes."  You know why?  Because Wojo generally doesn't have any.  This has been the myth purported by the ProJos.  PURE B.S. 

The whole point of showing those segments is to give viewers insight into what strategies/suggestions are being employed real time.

I've never seen coaches motion into the cameramen - "hey, you can now come in here and record this huddle...we are done talking tactics and its simply coach speak from here on out."

So when Kevin Willard is saying - "We are doing a great job.  Let Howard get his.  Don't let the other guys get off," that isn't a "tactic?"  Okay Fluffy.  Join Wades and continue to carry on with your ignorance.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
LMAO - "They don't show tactical changes."  You know why?  Because Wojo generally doesn't have any.  This has been the myth purported by the ProJos.  PURE B.S. 

The whole point of showing those segments is to give viewers insight into what strategies/suggestions are being employed real time.

I've never seen coaches motion into the cameramen - "hey, you can now come in here and record this huddle...we are done talking tactics and its simply coach speak from here on out."

So when Kevin Willard is saying - "We are doing a great job.  Let Howard get his.  Don't let the other guys get off," that isn't a "tactic?"  Okay Fluffy.  Join Wades and continue to carry on with your ignorance.
You believe what you want to believe. It doesn't make it any truer.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »

They do show tactical changes from other coaches or at least instruction.  I'm with you, though, that what you see in TV timeouts are not indicative of much of anything.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
I realize brendan bailey has looked like a deer in the headlights the last 4 weeks and along with Koby has slowed the ball down, turned the ball over and bricked shots.  We all know this.  Maybe the most disappointing part of it all is he no longer rebounds either!! Zero Yesterday.
Unfortunately zero confidence in our coach to not continue playing the players that are performing the worst

Agreed.  This is the most frustrating part.   The job of the head coach is to win games, not stay loyal to recruiting promises made.  If  there are other options on your bench they need to be utilized.  Would love to see a different starting lineup this week or at least an ultra quick hook for underperformance/boneheaded turnovers.  A Mike Deane approach with a timeout after only 30 seconds after the teams first turnover may be useful.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »
I love when people complain about the in the huddle segments.
They are pretty bad.  If there was a product on the court to reassure us, I would agree that they are trivial.  But when the coaching he's doing in the huddle is as mediocre as the results on the court year in and year out, you'd have to be blind or stupid to ignore a correlation.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »
The in huddle is notable because it is giving us a glimpse of the coach at work. It is no different than being in on a conference call or office meeting with a poor communicator. I would be shocked if anyone on here has never commented on a co-worker or superior being laughable in meeting environment. Wojo does not give off a lot of confidence in his huddle talks.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2020, 02:17:30 PM »
Huddles are sound bites

But compare Wojo's and Stan's soundbites.

Stan's are way better. Seriously.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2020, 09:01:55 PM »
Huddles are sound bites

But compare Wojo's and Stan's soundbites.

Stan's are way better. Seriously.

They are! But it doesn't mean anything.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2020, 01:12:39 AM »
Apologize in advance for not having a source, but I remember hearing about these “in the huddle” segments and I think they are just part of the contract with Fox that each team has to participate in. I think they are just for entertainment purposes only and no actual strategy is revealed in them.

(P.S. it seems we are due for one of those annoying “mic’d up” broadcasts.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:17:41 AM by CountryRoads »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
I was at the game.  When Markus was walking it up instead of running down 2 with 13 seconds to go, I started putting my coat on.  Everyone MU fan in the building knew what was going to happen, either a 3 with two players draped all over him or drive into a crowd with a turnover. or a prayer.
Every. Single. Time.  Everyone in the building knows that the ball is never going to come out of Markus' hands in those situations, even when the opposing team is running three players at him.

I won't miss that next year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »
Every. Single. Time.  Everyone in the building knows that the ball is never going to come out of Markus' hands in those situations, even when the opposing team is running three players at him.

I won't miss that next year.

You won't miss Wojo next year either. And there is the real problem.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

feedback