'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Team Send Off To Newark  (Read 2475 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Team Send Off To Newark
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
Per the IWB:

"A team departure/send-off will occur at the Al McGuire Center late Tuesday afternoon."

UPDATE:   The team will leave from the Al McGuire Center at 6 p.m. Tuesday night.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:24:31 AM by TallTitan34 »

muarmy81

• All American
Re: Team Send Off To Newark
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
Slightly off topic but i don't recall seeing Jamil Wilson at the Quicken Loans Center this weekend.  Are transfers allowed to travel during the tourney?  Will everyone make the trip to Newark?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:09:20 PM »
Slightly off topic but i don't recall seeing Jamil Wilson at the Quicken Loans Center this weekend.  Are transfers allowed to travel during the tourney?  Will everyone make the trip to Newark?

They didn't travel with the team all year.  Hope him and Dave can go this weekend, they deserve it.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
They didn't travel with the team all year.  Hope him and Dave can go this weekend, they deserve it.

Thanks Reinko.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:24:05 AM »
Per the IWB:

The team will leave from the Al McGuire Center at 6 p.m. Tuesday night.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Does anyone know if they depart from the Signature Service terminal on Layton???

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »

You'd have to check this to make sure, but I'm 99% sure that only student-athletes eligible to compete are allowed to travel with the team. Somebody forced to sit out a year, like a transfer, would not be able to travel. Somebody redshirting by coach's decision or by injury could travel.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »

Actually, Wilson DID travel with the team during the regular season, but Singleton wasn't allowed to.  I posed that question to Rosiak earlier in the year when I didn't see Singleton on the bench during a road game.  That said, not sure about the rules during the NCAA tourney and I'm guessing they are different considering the NCAA foots the bill for all travel expenses.

MU_Freak

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
I sat at the table next to Wilson at Buffalo Wild Wings during the big east tournament for the game in which we destroyed Providence.  The best past was when some UWM students came in after getting killed by Butler at the Cell, looked at the TV and saw MU up 20, and then started making small talk with Jamil (not knowing who he was) about how the lead wasn't safe because MU always blows it.  I laughed out loud....

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
You'd have to check this to make sure, but I'm 99% sure that only student-athletes eligible to compete are allowed to travel with the team. Somebody forced to sit out a year, like a transfer, would not be able to travel. Somebody redshirting by coach's decision or by injury could travel.

Nope.  Can't travel.  I do not believe they can suit up.  If the same for all sports, they cannot travel with the team or wear their uniforms, as that is provided by the University and they lose their redshirt.  I know for some sports that is the rule, I assume it is for all.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
I believe for regular season games anyway, the redshirt can find his own to the road game and sit on the bench. 

There was a story a few years ago about how redshirt Maurice Acker went to the DePaul game on his own instead of with the team in order to be there for the game.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
I believe for regular season games anyway, the redshirt can find his own to the road game and sit on the bench. 

There was a story a few years ago about how redshirt Maurice Acker went to the DePaul game on his own instead of with the team in order to be there for the game.

That is correct.  They cannot travel with the team nor can the team pay for their travel and accomodations.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
I would think that would be risky territory with players magically getting plan tickets to Newark and other areas.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »
Yeah.  Pretty big difference between Chicago and Newark haha.