[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rosiak's Latest On Buzz Rumors  (Read 15911 times)

ToddRosiakSays

Rosiak's Latest On Buzz Rumors
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
MU NCAA Tournament open practice

Cleveland, Ohio -- You guys asked for it, so you get it.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/118178579.html

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Rosiak's Latest On Buzz Rumors
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
He's live blogging from the open practice ....

12:19 March 17 Todd Rosiak:
The question was asked the other day before the team left. Buzz answered it the way he did for a reason -- whatever that is. No, he didn't say he's not going anywhere. He also didn't say he IS going somewhere. As much as you fans are going to worry about it, nothing definitive is going to come of this until the games are done and the wheels are set in motion, if indeed he is a target of Oklahoma and/or Arkansas. And what if the Tennessee job opens up? That could be another rumor you can add to the mill.

12:19 Comment From RaydogRaydog: ]
Todd, re: the whole rumors garbage...could Buzz just do what he did last year and say, "I'll be here as long as they'll have me" and end all of this? Then again, that's probably not realistic in today's college hoops.
Thursday March 17, 2011 12:19 Raydog

12:20 Todd Rosiak:
No, it really isn't realistic. I think last year was a rarity with regard to what he said.

12:25 [Comment From Benny BBenny B: ]

Todd, thanks for the response, but let me rephrase: will Buzz avoid the coaching questions now that the pressers have national media (i.e. the guys who don't hold anything back) involved?
Thursday March 17, 2011 12:26 Benny B

12:26Todd Rosiak:
There's really no one here that would have an interest (that I've seen) in asking Buzz about coaching rumors from the national scene. It's mostly Cincinnati and Cleveland guys with a few bigger papers here to just cover the games in general.

12:27 [Comment From Cracked sidewalks Cracked sidewalks: ]
But in all seriousness, granted this is way to early to speculate, but who could/would the school go after next? With the BE being a meat grinder, and since MU lucked out with the inhouse hire of Buzz....
Thursday March 17, 2011 12:28 Cracked sidewalks

12:29 Todd Rosiak:
I have my ideas. If it gets to that point, I'll be sure to share them with you. Some might surprise you, some might not. How about this: you come up with a list and tweet me. Let's see if we're on the same page.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Rosiak's Latest On Buzz Rumors
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
I'd say make a Strong run at Brad Stevens.

Or I could act as a liaison to Bruce. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
Brad Stevens does nothing for me. Caught lightening in a bottle and I don't think he's got the gravitas to make a go of it long-term, especially in the Big East. We need a recruiter who's a little bit of a brawler. I wanted Brownell when douche bag left. I'm going to have to think about this time around.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
I'd say make a Strong run at Brad Stevens.

Or I could act as a liaison to Bruce. ;D

Stevens would probably be my first choice, though it remains to be seen if he can recruit at this level. He's done a great job with 2 and 3 star guys, could he do the same when he needed to pursue 4 and 5 stars? My firm hope is that Buzz sticks around. If he didn't, however, Stevens would be as good a hope as anyone from the mid-major ranks.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
Dick Verscae or Tony Barone...what do you think TR?

TheFarEastMovement

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
I agree with PuertoRicanNightmare. We definitely need somebody who can recruit on a consistent basis. This is not the Horizon League. We are talking about the Big East here. Would definitely go for somebody more established who has coached in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10 or the SEC. Marquette can actually afford on someone big. As I have said for the 50th time(exaggerated), Dino Gaudio is the man. We won't have to pay any sort of buyout costs, since he is out of the job and he has coached in the ACC. As far as getting recruits to MU, nobody will ever be able to replace BUZZ.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »
I'd like Pete Rose.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 01:00:02 PM »
I agree with PuertoRicanNightmare. We definitely need somebody who can recruit on a consistent basis. This is not the Horizon League. We are talking about the Big East here. Would definitely go for somebody more established who has coached in the ACC, Big 12, Big 10 or the SEC. Marquette can actually afford on someone big. As I have said for the 50th time(exaggerated), Dino Gaudio is the man. We won't have to pay any sort of buyout costs, since he is out of the job and he has coached in the ACC. As far as getting recruits to MU, nobody will ever be able to replace BUZZ.

The last two coaches had pretty ugly kissers and now you want to add third?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
Go after another coach that gets the Big East grind...Mike Rice.  Love him.  MU ties, gets Milwaukee.  Solid coach, good recruiter, his dad was a great coach...it's in his blood.

I could throw some other names out there, but if the concern is "the Big East grind" then get someone that is used to the grind and knows how to deal with.

That being said, I hope Buzz sticks around.

[Mu]EngiNerd

• Starter
  • BS08 MS10
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
How about Bruce Pearl? I hear he is a pretty good recruiter and might be looking for a job
One Nerd to Rule them All - Bears - Blackhawks - Bulls - Cubs - Golden Eagles

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 01:09:59 PM »
How about Bruce Pearl? I hear he is a pretty good recruiter and might be looking for a job

That, and he knows the area. Plus, he's really popular in Illinois... ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

leever

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »
And if we can get Pearl, maybe Maymon would come back in a package deal?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
That, and he knows the area. Plus, he's really popular in Illinois... ;D

And instead of a Texas BBQ on campus, we'd all be invited to a barbecue at his home.

leever

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
Pearl before swine?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
I hope Buzz stays long enough so that when he leaves Wardle is ready for the job.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
Go after another coach that gets the Big East grind...Mike Rice.  Love him.  MU ties, gets Milwaukee.  Solid coach, good recruiter, his dad was a great coach...it's in his blood.

I could throw some other names out there, but if the concern is "the Big East grind" then get someone that is used to the grind and knows how to deal with.

That being said, I hope Buzz sticks around.

No way we go after another coach in the BE. Not going to happen. I hope Buzz stays because I think there will be slim pickins for MU. I see another assistant getting promoted if he goes and then we will be having the same discussions three years from now.

This program does not need another coach coming in now. Bad timing in my opinion. I am certain we lose some of the recruits if Buzz goes. That will cement us in the lower half of the conference again next season.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
Hoops---Wardle is ready right now...usher in my section just retired and spot is vacant.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
I like the Dino Gaudio suggestion...

Mike Rice would be great...but just can't see him leaving Rutgers, even with his former MU ties

Like the VCU coach - Shaka Smart

Tony Benford possibly

But..Buzz Williams trumps all!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
Darrin Horn anyone?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
Darrin Horn anyone?

Cause he's doing so well at South Carolina?

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
Darrin Horn anyone?

Been thinking of him myself the last few days, but haven't been following him since he went to South Carolina.

I think he could be successful at MU, recruiting to South Carolina is worse then recruiting to MU by far.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 01:54:56 PM »
Darrin Horn has pretty much sucked at South Carolina.  I also don't like Gaudio, but who knows.

I still really like Dwayne Stephens.  Has MU ties...big time recruiter...  But he's never been a head coach.  Shaka Smart would be an interesting hire.  BTW he has Wisconsin connections.  He was born in Madison and went to Oregon High School.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 02:01:49 PM »
Brian Gregory, if you want Crean part II..maybe he'll get lucky and hit on a Wade type player too. 
Scott Spinelli is also very impressive.   Turgeon's associate head coach, from east coast.  great recruiter.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »
What about the Oakland University coach Greg Kampe?  He might not be Big East ready now, but I can see someone hiring him in a Major Conference in the next year or two.

Best possible solution would be for Buzz to stick around another 3-6 years, minimum, to help build the Marquette's program and give it continuity.

I'm still waiting for Marquette's version of Jamie Dixon/Jim Boeheim/Jay Wright.