[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka on Jim Rome Today  (Read 2672 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Shaka on Jim Rome Today
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:34:58 PM »
Good listen - It's great to receive the national attention.

I knew things were different when there were so many non-MKE press attending his introductory Zoom press conference.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 04:49:51 PM »
Ty.  Solid interview.  As I stated after the Illinois win the trajectory of the MU program is sky high.  Shaka absolutely gets it and this was a home run hire for MU.  We still need to exercise some patience but I have no doubt Shaka will bring us back to greatness.   

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 04:53:57 PM »
Ty.  Solid interview.  As I stated after the Illinois win the trajectory of the MU program is sky high.  Shaka absolutely gets it and this was a home run hire for MU.  We still need to exercise some patience but I have no doubt Shaka will bring us back to greatness.

Be happy if they can get back to where they were under Buzz.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »
I know expectations are sky high right now. Mine are too. Realistically, I expect a bit more of a rollercoaster ride ahead than most (I’ll happily be wrong).  That said I am DELIGHTED to be going on that ride with this guy!  Wow. What a smart, committed, classy guy. So happy he is at Marquette!

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 06:12:33 PM »
Be happy if they can get back to where they were under Buzz.

I would, in fact, be very happy if we can get back to S16, S16, e8 consecutive runs. That was pretty cool.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 06:13:55 PM »
I would, in fact, be very happy if we can get back to S16, S16, e8 consecutive runs. That was pretty cool.

Yes.  I don't understand his post.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 06:21:20 PM »
Yes.  I don't understand his post.

Most I'd say "he means a successful basketball team on the court" But given the poster I think he means under a white coach and/or has off court issues... given his posting history.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 06:23:25 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 06:31:12 PM »
Most I'd say "he means a successful basketball team on the court" But given the poster I think he means under a white coach and/or has off court issues... given his posting history.

I sometimes can be hyperbolic.  It's obviously no easy task to be a top 5 team year in and year out like the Al years.  My hope is that MU consistently can find themselves on the 4 seed or better line.  Buzz had us in this ballpark and I think Shaka can get us there.  If you are a top 4 seed or better your chances of net cutting increase exponentially and that remains the ultimate goal.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 07:07:41 PM »

He's a racist, Badger-lovin' twat. Why is anybody even bothering with him?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 07:21:00 PM »
It's a free country but it does seem like he roots against MU which confuses me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 07:26:50 PM »
It's a free country but it does seem like he roots against MU which confuses me.

Because he doesn’t like the coach’s politics. When you are busy fighting culture wars non stop, that stuff matter.

That and the fact that he’s had horrendous basketball takes since he’s been here under numerous names.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 07:35:02 PM »
Because he doesn’t like the coach’s politics. When you are busy fighting culture wars non stop, that stuff matter.

That and the fact that he’s had horrendous basketball takes since he’s been here under numerous names.

From a basketball perspective I assumed everyone here was a die hard MU fan.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
Great interview, such a pleasure to listen to Shaka, his philosophy, methodology and everything - he is consistent in his message, what he recruits for and what he teaches,   Nice to get the national attention too.   Go Shaka and Go Marquette!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 07:46:43 PM »
Great interview, such a pleasure to listen to Shaka, his philosophy, methodology and everything - he is consistent in his message, what he recruits for and what he teaches,   Nice to get the national attention too.   Go Shaka and Go Marquette!

I couldn't agree more.  This is spot-on. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 07:55:46 PM »
I believe Shaka is creating an environment/culture that players will be knocking down the doors to come to MU in the future. I also believe he will create a roster of his type of “team first” players. Once this is accomplished, he will sprinkle in a 5 star to hopefully put us over the edge.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 08:55:43 PM »
From a basketball perspective I assumed everyone here was a die hard MU fan.
i’m a social and fiscal conservative. Probably at odds with many here. But so what. I want Marquette basketball to dominate!! I think we all do. I hope so, anyway. Just win baby!!

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 10:40:00 PM »
Take that to the superbar. This is a political affiliation free zone, and lord knows we need more of that!!