collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Confessions of a sports agent  (Read 3174 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Confessions of a sports agent
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
Was just about to post this.

Another reason I think it is naive and stupid to chastise Reggie Bush. If you don't respect what Reggie Bush accomplished in his college career, there will be very few guys left to cheer for. Our society places way to much blame on the person that is caught, instead of the general problem. Whether it is Bush, Bonds with steroids, Tiger and Favre cheating on their wives, or BP with the oil spill. Focus on the whole problem and don't be naive to think the only people who break the rules are the ones that are caught.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »
Was just about to post this.

Another reason I think it is naive and stupid to chastise Reggie Bush. If you don't respect what Reggie Bush accomplished in his college career, there will be very few guys left to cheer for. Our society places way to much blame on the person that is caught, instead of the general problem. Whether it is Bush, Bonds with steroids, Tiger and Favre cheating on their wives, or BP with the oil spill. Focus on the whole problem and don't be naive to think the only people who break the rules are the ones that are caught.

I don't think people necessarily are naive to think only these guys are doing it.  That being said, do we want to have rules and if they are broken, do we not do anything about them?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
I don't think people necessarily are naive to think only these guys are doing it.  That being said, do we want to have rules and if they are broken, do we not do anything about them?
No but I hear people all of sudden say I will never support Tiger Woods again because he cheated on his wife. I think people just need to stop connecting sports figures with moral standards. Or saying their team takes the moral high road and assume that even MU does everything by the book. It's college sports, there is going to be something shady at any university.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
No but I hear people all of sudden say I will never support Tiger Woods again because he cheated on his wife. I think people just need to stop connecting sports figures with moral standards. Or saying their team takes the moral high road and assume that even MU does everything by the book. It's college sports, there is going to be something shady at any university.

When it comes to the sport: Taking money from agent in college is cheating.  Cheating on your wife while being a PGA star is not. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
College hoops
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
As Pat Forde says, college football is much worse in this area.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5681728

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »
If the rules are to stay the same then the consequences should be over the top to stop things like this. The agent should be banned for life .

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: College hoops
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 04:27:35 AM »
As Pat Forde says, college football is much worse in this area.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5681728

awesome piece by luchs!
you meant basketball i think tho. i immediately thought of "blue chips" and nick nolte punting a ball into the stands when i read that

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: College hoops
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »
awesome piece by luchs!
you meant basketball i think tho. i immediately thought of "blue chips" and nick nolte punting a ball into the stands when i read that

Yes, I did.   Luchs sister used to date a guy in my department for several years.  Some very interesting comments the last two days from him. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »

I think Tiger is stupid for cheating on his totally Babalicious wife with those ugly skanks. 

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »
If the rules are to stay the same then the consequences should be over the top to stop things like this. The agent should be banned for life .

+1, the problem is that they punish the school and thus the current players.  I don't understand how why the NCAA doesn't demand the NFL to get them to take away an agent's license over violations.  You'd think that they would have enough pull to get that done.