'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Welcome Jack Anderson!  (Read 2787 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Welcome Jack Anderson!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2024, 12:47:13 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4W49K3sUmo

New Preferred Walk-On, Jack Anderson is transferring in from Keystone College. Average 21 points a game for Keyston College, a D3 squad with a losing record. He shot 39.6% from three with 74 made last season. He was also an Academic All-American. Not expecting any meaningful minutes for him but there are certainly worse guys to have at the end of your bench.
Excellent news for Jack and MU. Great story got cut from basketball in Middle School kept working his way up , eventually made JV and finally Varsity Senior year , kept improving through out college averaging over 40 Percent from 3 ovwr the three years he played.

Now Jack gets to experience being part of a Big Time Winning program . Will add a great dimension to the Scout team .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2024, 01:01:36 PM »
A fundamental problem with this thread is everyone is trying to define a term -- "preferred walk-on" -- that really doesn't have a single definition. It means different things to different programs. When I hear it, I generally think of it as a non-scholarship player who contacts a coach to see if he/she might be able to have a spot on a team before choosing a school -- rather than just showing up. They work with a coach/athletics department through the application/enrollment process similar to how the scholarship athletes do.

A few years ago when I had more proximity to college sports and the recruiting process than I do now, that was usually the gist of what "preferred walk-on" meant. Some called it "recruited walk-on." Some kids I knew who were in that situation had expectations that they might eventually be considered for scholarships. Some did not.

So, "preferred" might mean they get admissions preference. It might mean that they get a guaranteed roster spot. It might mean they are in line for a scholarship if one is available. These days, it might mean they get NIL money. Or, it might just be a phrase a kid (or his parents) uses to feel better about being a walk-on after spending years telling everyone they were going to get a scholarship.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2024, 01:05:24 PM »
You know it’s a slow day when the preferred walk in gets this much run

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2024, 01:21:13 PM »
Excellent news for Jack and MU. Great story got cut from basketball in Middle School kept working his way up , eventually made JV and finally Varsity Senior year , kept improving through out college averaging over 40 Percent from 3 ovwr the three years he played.

Now Jack gets to experience being part of a Big Time Winning program . Will add a great dimension to the Scout team .

Michael Jordan was once cut from his team. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2024, 01:55:21 PM »
You know it’s a slow day when the preferred walk in gets this much run

No offense to Jack, but I was hoping that we would get a preferred walk on who was a 7', big ass 275 lb. guy who could shoot 3's at about 40 % and rebound better than Edey ever did.

Edit: the "big ass" reference was my attempt to give Muggsy one of the things he really wants in a transfer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:13:42 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2024, 02:41:04 PM »
No offense to Jack, but I was hoping that we would get a preferred walk on who was a 7', big ass 275 lb. guy who could shoot 3's at about 40 % and rebound better than Edey ever did.

Edit: the "big ass" reference was my attempt to give Muggsy one of the things he really wants in a transfer.
…a current day Odell Ball?

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2024, 03:37:53 PM »

Thought this was Ramsey?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2024, 03:41:25 PM »
It sounds like a rodent scholarship almost.

UW known for the "silent verbal", popularized during the re-recruitment of the Hauser boys after they left MU. As in " how can those a-holes sign with Virginia and MSU, when they gave Coach Gard a silent verbal 2 weeks ago"?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2024, 04:24:20 PM »
#False #FakeNews

Actually you are the one spreading fake news.

Read his post.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2024, 04:43:45 PM »
Thought this was Ramsey?

No. Ramsey is in the portal and the rumor is that he's going to Seton Hall.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM »
Actually you are the one spreading fake news.

Read his post.

Nope. I read it and asked a follow up long ago. No response, because there is none
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback