Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cubbie  (Read 3310 times)

schubert33

• Starter
Cubbie
« on: February 24, 2010, 07:58:33 PM »
Take him out of the GAME NOW!!!

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
Re: Cubbie
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:01:01 PM »
put cadougan in there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he looked decent in there.

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
Cubbie needs to fly at his guy there, not break down.  Anything but a 3, he's terrible.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
I like the dude, but he is not very good at basketball.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
Unless buycks is hurting, there is no reason for cubi to be playing this much.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 08:49:54 PM »
Unless buycks is hurting, there is no reason for cubi to be playing this much.

Someone needs to ask Buzz what's his love affair with Cubbie?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »
I am usually defending Cubes, but he played very poorly tonight, would have been better to go with Buycks A LOT more.  Hopefully Dwight gets more minutes vs. Seton Hall.  The rub is that if Cubes can get it going from 3, like against Georgetown, he is really fun to watch.  Tonight, UGH.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 09:22:42 PM »
I am usually defending Cubes, but he played very poorly tonight, would have been better to go with Buycks A LOT more.  Hopefully Dwight gets more minutes vs. Seton Hall.  The rub is that if Cubes can get it going from 3, like against Georgetown, he is really fun to watch.  Tonight, UGH.

Poorly is not the word, terrible is more like it.  Not just his shooting and shot selection, but passing.

Buycks played alot in first half, but limited in second.  Maybe his ankle swelled up or something.

romey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »
I thought the CUBBIEs were a baseball team from Chicago.  Our Venzuelan guard is Coooooby.  ;D

GOLDY

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
What has he done since Georgetown? But we don't have many options.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
I'd rather see DB and JC take Coobie's minutes, and I continue to like Fulce, Butler and Hayward in the same line-up if we don't have foul issues down low.  I don't like to rip on college players, and he basically won one game for us this year, but he's been awful the last few games.  If his shot doesn't fall, so be it, but he's forced shots and made bad decisions on both sides of the ball.  I'm not sure I understand Buzz's patience with him. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
Why are you guys belittling our head coach for his decisions?  What is your agenda?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
In fairness, Coobs did a far better job on Dwight Hardy than Buycks....Hardy was killing us until Cooby shut him down.

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
I'd rather see DB and JC take Coobie's minutes, and I continue to like Fulce, Butler and Hayward in the same line-up if we don't have foul issues down low.  I don't like to rip on college players, and he basically won one game for us this year, but he's been awful the last few games.  If his shot doesn't fall, so be it, but he's forced shots and made bad decisions on both sides of the ball.  I'm not sure I understand Buzz's patience with him. 

I agree with you 100%!

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
Why are you guys belittling our head coach for his decisions?  What is your agenda?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
I don't think I have ever cringed while watching one player in an MU jersey more than I cringe when I see Cooby anywhere near the ball. 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »
our problem is both Cubi and buycks have major major flaws.  i think cubi's are more tolerable for Buzz and therefore he gets more minutes.  Cubi will for the most part make good decisons, not turn the ball over and beat in the right place defensively.

Buycks gets beat more often on defense although he is more athletic.  Buycks turns the ball over too much.  Buycks can be reckless on offense, amny times buycks gets the ball he makes up his mind he is simply shooting and takes some crazy shots and some dumb passes.

Cubi is less harmless,

one thing tho that we have seen the last two games for the first time all season is a lineup of only two guards with DJO, Acker and hayward, fulce and butler.

Fulce has played better than cubi and Buycks i like it... Buycks has more upside than cubi but he just puts his head down with a singlemindedness to score and it often results i bad shots and turnovers

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
I normally don't dislike Cubes too much (definitely not a ringing endorsement) but he played really poorly tonight. Bad decisions, a few really awful passes, an airball and a couple other wide open misses......
Junior looked decent tonight, actually played some reasonable defense; he's gotta start getting at least some of DC's minutes down the stretch unless Cubes miraculously starts shooting like he did in the Gtown game.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »
ive always loved cooby and always will, can't help it. but its really starting to be that Norm MacDonald kind of love where I just want everything he does to be passably good, and it just never seems to be.  even in bad times though, I just sort of meekly smile and say "oh cooby"

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 10:29:14 PM »
I don't think I have ever cringed while watching one player in an MU jersey more than I cringe when I see Cooby anywhere near the ball. 

You never saw Brandon Bell?

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 10:32:28 PM »
Quote from: warrior55 on Today at 09:59:50 PM

You never saw Brandon Bell?

Haha....well played....The problem is Bell didn't play nearly as much as cooby therefore I did not cringe as much.

feedback