[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tom Crean Just Got Ejected  (Read 17816 times)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
Re: Tom Crean Just Got Ejected
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »
Hard to believe TC using such bad language after this rant.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dasj3L4m8

What a hypocrite...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:32 AM »

wow what a simple question to answer ...becuase they were not f'ing pricks.  Yes Oneill and Majerus left us in alurch just like Tc did.  the difference is TC was a scumbag prick without a likebale bone in his body.  majerus and Oneill although rough on the exterior were at least to me generally likeable people.  I hated Crean never hated Majerus or Oneil, while they were here, when they left, or since.    

Again, it's about about "liking" a guy for some of you?

Buzz Williams could walk out on his team tomorrow night*, and you wouldn't hate him like you hate TC.

That just seems crazy to me.

*Yes, I'm aware Buzz is a high character guy and wouldn't do that.. blah blah blah

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
I thought it was most interesting that TC got a standing ovation for getting the Technical.  I didn't see it until this morning but they just showed it on ESPN. 

That's cuz he has all the Hoosier fans snowed just like he did at MU...

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
Alford is more likely than that ever happening.  Alford's got a top ten team right now, but of course many on this board and the other board lambasted him for years as well.  

Rightly so... Alford is a complete scumbag. The way he handled the Pierre Pierce situation was sad and disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:03:06 PM by RJax55 »

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

wow what a simple question to answer ...becuase they were not f'ing pricks.  Yes Oneill and Majerus left us in alurch just like Tc did.  the difference is TC was a scumbag prick without a likebale bone in his body.  majerus and Oneill although rough on the exterior were at least to me generally likeable people.  I hated Crean never hated Majerus or Oneil, while they were here, when they left, or since.    

Kevin O'Neill was just as unlikable as Tom Crean, if not more so.  Crean had a gigantic ego and liked to flaunt his popularity and status at MU every chance he got.  But O'Neill was just a flat out vile, mean guy at times.  As I mentioned on a previous thread, his treatment of guys like Logterman was fodder for many discussions among coaches of other sports teams at MU.

Crean was the kind of guy, who at a wedding, would just sit in his chair (desperately wanting to be noticed) and wait for people to come up and fawn over him like he was king.   He was a prick and a dork and a jerk, but in a really nerdy way.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

Crean was the kind of guy, who at a wedding, would just sit in his chair (desperately wanting to be noticed) and wait for people to come up and fawn over him like he was king.

That's what I do, too

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
I thought it was most interesting that TC got a standing ovation for getting the Technical.  I didn't see it until this morning but they just showed it on ESPN. 

What I find most interesting is that TC had to go that route in his second year.  He can only play that card so often, and the comments he made afterwards were desperate.  "I want five guys that are willing to fight with me."  So he's saying he can't get his team to play hard? I think it shows he's feeling the pressure, and the fact that he did it when the next game they play is against Iowa makes his thought process obvious.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
My first thought last night was that the guy got maybe 2 technicals in 9 seasons at MU, and picked up 2 in 30 seconds last night.

Sure seemed like a desperation move to me.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
Again, it's about about "liking" a guy for some of you?

Buzz Williams could walk out on his team tomorrow night*, and you wouldn't hate him like you hate TC.

That just seems crazy to me.

*Yes, I'm aware Buzz is a high character guy and wouldn't do that.. blah blah blah

I am not saying Buzz is a high character guy and would not leave.  in fact i 100% honestly beleive if say bill Self or Rick Barnes decided to walk away from the game this offseason and if they offered the job to Buzz that Buzz would take it.  And I would not hold that aginst Buzz one iota.  just as I had no real problem with crean taking the IU job.  I cannot blame Crean or any other coach out there form wanting a jon like Texas, kansas, or IU. 

Tom crean leaving for the Iu job is not even on my list of why i think he is a despicable scumbag or why i hated him. 

Just the same I questioned why Oneill left for tennesee but i did not hate him for it he thought it was better opportuntiy cannot hate him for that.  Same with majerus i thought he was too young for the job and put far to much pressure on himself to succeed in his mentors shadows.  i also think of some of his 1 point losses in 83-84? had fallen our way he would have been at MU a long time and been very successful.  Like both of those guys, hated crean, thought he was terrible for our Univeristy in so many ways, i also thought he grossly under acheived in 7 of his 9 years including his last 5. 

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »
Can't say I'm familiar with how Majerus and O'Neill left. Did they get a big offer and leave? Did the University try to make a decent counter? My problem with Crean is, IIRC, he got the University to restructure his contract twice and had stated multiple times that he wanted to stay at MU.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
Had Joe Wolf chosen MU over UNC, there's a good chance Rick would still be the head coach here. Just a fact.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »
Had Joe Wolf chosen MU over UNC, there's a good chance Rick would still be the head coach here. Just a fact.

Amen brother.  Talk about hatred.  Joe Wolf was hated.  Rick was hated.  (We were glad to be rid of him at the time)

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »
Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on Today at 11:46:15 AM

Being the PR and self promoting is what Crean is best at this was a shining moment for him. Your team is laying an egg, down by 32 at home, the crowd is restless and what do you do?

Get kicked out of the game, act like a petulant 2 year old and turn the spotlight from yourself and your God-awful team to the refs. Make the refs the bad guys. And I think it worked. For a couple minutes the crowd booed the refs and shouted Crean's name. 

But in the end Crean got demolished twice in a couple weeks by the coach and team he hates the most.  He saved John Harbaugh's riveting speech for the Badgers.    :D

I wonder if the bloom is off the Rose at IU yet?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »
Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on Today at 11:46:15 AM

Being the PR and self promoting is what Crean is best at this was a shining moment for him. Your team is laying an egg, down by 32 at home, the crowd is restless and what do you do?

Get kicked out of the game, act like a petulant 2 year old and turn the spotlight from yourself and your God-awful team to the refs. Make the refs the bad guys. And I think it worked. For a couple minutes the crowd booed the refs and shouted Crean's name. 

But in the end Crean got demolished twice in a couple weeks by the coach and team he hates the most.  He saved John Harbaugh's riveting speech for the Badgers.    :D

I wonder if the bloom is off the Rose at IU yet?

A Badger\Bo Ryan fan evoking a coach's actions to the refs.  Priceless.