Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mostly Embarrassed By…  (Read 4661 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Mostly Embarrassed By…
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2024, 09:52:41 AM »
Shooting was not just bad last night, but historically bad.  One of the worst ever in this tournament. Against an 11 seed. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2024, 09:55:01 AM »
I think people are splitting hairs or have different definitions of embarrassing. For example, if you are an 8 handicap and card a 98, it wouldn't be unusual to say you were embarrassed by your play. It is not a reflection on your effort or your personality.

The difference is that would be your own play. Not embarrassed because of what a group of 18-22 y/o kids did on a basketball court. That's where I have some issue with it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2024, 09:56:28 AM »
Had they totally quit and got beat by 20 I could see embarrassment. But they fought like hell and just couldn't get anything to drop.
This. I saw a few people try to compare last night to the Wojo years which is dumb for a number of reasons, but this is the top reason.
No Finish Line

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2024, 10:06:24 AM »
The difference is that would be your own play. Not embarrassed because of what a group of 18-22 y/o kids did on a basketball court. That's where I have some issue with it.
I think you are looking too far into people's intent when calling it an embarrassing performance. JMO.

Personally. I was not embarrassed for them. Just disappointed. It is only a basketball game and life goes on. Plus, I'm fired up to have Shaka. Love the person, style of play and 98% of the results.

BTW, not "kids". Young men. I'd bet they would not appreciate being called "kids".

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2024, 10:12:00 AM »
I think you are looking too far into people's intent when calling it an embarrassing performance. JMO.

Personally. I was not embarrassed for them. Just disappointed. It is only a basketball game and life goes on. Plus, I'm fired up to have Shaka. Love the person, style of play and 98% of the results.

BTW, not "kids". Young men. I'd bet they would not appreciate being called "kids".

Off topic, but the bolded depends on how it is used. I call college age students "kids" all the time, in a courteous, you aren't expected to know everything yet. They usually appreciate that.

Many treat college athletes as professionals (yes I know they are paid now), and put expectations on them equivalent to seasoned veterans and adults, but they are still learning who they are as people. In that regard sometimes they like to be reminded that they are still "kids" and growing as individuals, and allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.

So it really is on how the phrase is used, Kids as condescending...offensive. Kids as a reminder that they are still growing as individuals on a day when their dreams were crushed, courteous.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2024, 10:45:11 AM »
Yeah there was no condescension intended.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2024, 10:50:52 AM »
Yeah there was no condescension intended.
That's cool. Understood. I get the inclination to use "kids". Speaking from personal experience, I've had college students correct me on that. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2024, 10:56:10 AM »
That's cool. Understood. I get the inclination to use "kids". Speaking from personal experience, I've had college students correct me on that.

Whatever kid.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2024, 10:58:47 AM »
Whatever kid.
Thank you! Can you also do me solid and ask for my ID? :D

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2024, 12:26:54 PM »
Not embarrassed at all.   Wrong time to have a bad shooting game.   56-17 over the last two seasons.  A Big East regular season title.  A Big East tourney title.  A sweet 16.   

What exactly is embarrassing?   Losing in an upset?   It happens every season in the tournament.
Getting man handled by an 11 seed is kind of embarrassing. Shooting your worst game of the season is kind of embarrassing.. the team looking scared and tossing grade school turnovers like they haven’t all year is kind of embarrassing. No confidence at all. I’m curious what you feel is embarrassing. 60 point loss?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2024, 12:31:50 PM »
Getting man handled by an 11 seed is kind of embarrassing. Shooting your worst game of the season is kind of embarrassing.. the team looking scared and tossing grade school turnovers like they haven’t all year is kind of embarrassing. No confidence at all. I’m curious what you feel is embarrassing. 60 point loss?

Well summed up. 

The answer to your question is some here are so lacking in objectivity, there is no bottom that would be labeled embarrassing. A shut out loss would be praised as the team fighting to the end. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2024, 12:32:42 PM »
Well summed up. 

The answer to your question is some here are so lacking in objectivity, there is no bottom that would be labeled embarrassing. A shut out loss would be praised as the team fighting to the end.

I mean, if you’re embarrassed, fine.  If you’re not embarrassed, fine.

Does it matter?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2024, 12:34:14 PM »
Does it matter?

No.  Unless you're bare assed.  That matters.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2024, 12:35:41 PM »
No.  Unless you're bare assed.  That matters.

I think that’s the dress code at Mazos Burgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2024, 01:23:01 PM »
There is no game plan to correct 3 for 31 shooting. It allowed NC State to crowd the middle and take away drives to the basket.
…I’m all for shoot to get hot…but getting hot wasn’t happening. There has to be an adjustment…at the first tv timeout of the 2nd half there needed to be a change in the O, imo. Didn’t happen. Hindsight 20/20 Shaka was willing to roll the dice on the 3-ball.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2024, 04:22:26 PM »
This was the most satisfying thread ever.  Finally people stepping up and calling out this little condescending prick VBMG who thinks it’s ok to personally attack and ridicule everyone but some how thinks he’s a beacon of virtue because when he’s emotionally hurt by a poor performance he lashes out at other people rather than the team.   Bravo to all of you who see who this little child is. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2024, 04:25:26 PM »
Farley

Who stood up to Vander, rocky?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2024, 04:27:28 PM »
Rent-free, little guy.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2024, 04:40:19 PM »
Farley

Who stood up to Vander, rocky?

Rocky, PointWarrior had a nice little shot.  No doubt others realize who this clown is and just choose not to say anything.  Rocky summarized everything perfectly though.  Absolute dead on descriptions of this emotionally stunted little boy.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2024, 06:05:56 PM »
If rocky is your support team, enough said. As for Point, he plays both sides, depending on how MU is playing. While I like Point, not exactly sure you have the Mt. Rushmore of scoop in your camp.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2024, 06:49:50 PM »
😂

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2024, 08:08:02 PM »
OP is the most embarrassing
I think you mean JOP was most embarrassing.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2024, 08:11:44 PM »
If rocky is your support team, enough said. As for Point, he plays both sides, depending on how MU is playing. While I like Point, not exactly sure you have the Mt. Rushmore of scoop in your camp.

I may not be on the Mt Rushmore of scoop posters, but I am the “KING of hyperbole”.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2024, 08:36:33 PM »

Honestly anyone who will defend VBMG u wouldn’t want in my camp.  Some people are just bad people.  He clearly is one of the bad people in the world.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2024, 08:41:59 PM »
Honestly anyone who will defend VBMG u wouldn’t want in my camp.  Some people are just bad people.  He clearly is one of the bad people in the world.

You’ve posted three times today. Each one about him.

You should tap out. It’s getting embarrassing for you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback