'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Too many thoughts...  (Read 1787 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Too many thoughts...
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
I just finished watching the game and I have too many thing to fit into any posts I saw, so...

Great win. Had a few boners, but on the whole, the defense was very good and they tightened up the rebounding very nicely in he second half.

Can someone look up those who said we would be better of without James and post their names for a public shaming?

That kid Fischer can play.

The hustle play Barro made with about 9 minutes left in the first half was a complete game changer. We were down 10, he broke up a potential easy basket for Villanova, saved the ball and led to a dunk by Hayward.

Its so nice to have McNeal back.

Acker proved he is in fact a Big East player tonight. I have to admit I had my doubts.

I continue to be extremely concerned about our FT shooting. When a guy like Matthews bricks 2 late in the second half, I can't help but think it is gonna cost us big time somewhere along the line.

Finally, I said it after the ND loss, and even though we've known it for a couple games, I'll say it again...

Saturday is a win!

bilsu

• All American
Re: Too many thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »
I think it was a poor game on McNeil's part. He had several turnovers, when he put himself in a bad position and threw the ball away. He had a dumb foul at the end of the game. He also had a couple of defensive lapses and as usual forced some bad shots. We would have won by 30 if he played smarter.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »
I think it was a poor game on McNeil's part. He had several turnovers, when he put himself in a bad position and threw the ball away. He had a dumb foul at the end of the game. He also had a couple of defensive lapses and as usual forced some bad shots. We would have won by 30 if he played smarter.

I won't disagree with that. Those things are just some of the bad we seem to have to expect. I am more comparing this game to the games of a couple weeks ago where pretty much all we got was the things you describe above, with few if any positives to go along with them. Not his best game, but he didn't dig us a 10 point hole in the first 7 minutes.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »
dont get me wrong...we're good, hell we're great playing fast, really fast.

but sometimes we just need to CHILL....ya know?
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

mcnealfan1

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
sorry not a bad game for mcneal at all, couple of bad turnovers but finished with 14 points, if you didnt know dominick finished the game with 5 turnovers also, they both will make mistakes when they have the ball in there hands as much as they do, nobody can be perfect

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:38:32 AM »
Wes is one of our best clutch free throw shooter.  Unfortunately he missed a pair at the end.  But there were numerous previous games he came through at the line.  McNeal sometimes takes things in his hands too much.  Forgets he has four other talented teammates.  But if we win, I am all smiles.