collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marc Marotta’s Mequon McMansion  (Read 44848 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
Re: Marc Marotta’s Mequon McMansion
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »
This must be one helluva slow day if anyone has the time to be so outraged at the size of Marc Marotta's house to then post that outrage to an Internet message board.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »
Ha! But does it have a hybrid hydrogen-Compressed Natural Gas ICE?

Hell no....I'm delivering carbon to the plants and trees that need it to survive

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

If we could only inject that philosophy into the Derrick Wilson threads.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »
I remember seeing Carbon Tax Credit kiosks at Heathrow and thinking that is pure BS.

It's the ultimate hypocrisy of hypocrisies and purely a wealth redistribution game.

The Australians went down that rabbit hole and then soon realized what a monstrous scam it was....the people in the last election blew it out of the water. 

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Correct, it costs a lot of money to sweep all those sexual abuse cases under the rug.

Good deflection there.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Tuition doesn't cover all of the costs of an education.  They are subsidized by donations.  So you weren't helping 3 universities by paying half tuition.  Their fundraising efforts helped you.
Ok, sorry should have used teal. I do give to the 3 schools (more to MU).
Goal is National Championship

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
I dont get it.  I own a home that is over 5000 sq feet, i also own a porsche, a bmw, a vw, a volvo, an audi, and a full sized 4 door dodge ram.
Does this make me a bad guy?

Also i am fishing the smallmouth spawn tommorow, is that another check in the negative column?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »
I dont get it.  I own a home that is over 5000 sq feet, i also own a porsche, a bmw, a vw, a volvo, an audi, and a full sized 4 door dodge ram.

No, Just kind of a jerky braggart.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »

Also i am fishing the smallmouth spawn tommorow, is that another check in the negative column?

No, just bad with your money.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »
Donating the Audi and catch and release tommorow.  Should count for something.
Lastly, if u are an MU grad and are not making at least $400k a year then something went wrong along the way.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:29:51 PM by River rat »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
No, just bad with your money.

So you don't eat the fish you catch. You only torture them for a little while.
Have some patience, FFS.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

UNDERACHIEVER!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »
Donating the Audi and catch and release tommorow.  Should count for something.
Lastly, if u are an MU grad and are not making at least $400k a year then something went wrong along the way.

lol.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
I dont get it.  I own a home that is over 5000 sq feet, i also own a porsche, a bmw, a vw, a volvo, an audi, and a full sized 4 door dodge ram.

And Smallie season isn't open for keeping them yet.  So no points for you there.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:29:53 PM by buckchuckler »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »

Oh, a Twykenham Hills snob I see.  Spose you went to Stanley Clark too.    ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »
NM. Oops
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:05:24 PM by real chili 83 »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
First, I find it ironic that a "director of sustainability" would live in a house like that.

I love those little ironies between professional and personal lives.  The accountant whose personal finances are a mess, the abundance of hairdressers who appear to have a dead animal on their heads.  This is an intriguing new one.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »
Of all the things to judge someone on, you guys are going nuts about a house? Buzz was a basketball coach and a pretty damn good one (most years). Who cares if he has bad taste? We didn't seem to mind his bad taste when wearing tacky suits on the sidelines that were probably a bigger waste of money. He earned his money and can spend it however he wants.

He's making millions a year and needs to spend it someone how and a house is honestly one of the better spoils. He will get most of his money back. Also, all the excess stuff he had probably related to his job. I'm sure invited friends of the program to the house and they had a great time. I also bet the court and theater were used from fun team meetings and practices.

I'm just glad he didn't waste it on hookers and blow.  But then again, I'm sure everyone on this board would donate 90% of their money to charity if they made that much money.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2014, 07:56:37 PM »
My final post in this thread.  For me and for most of us that see this as an issue, it is not like we are angry about... or are pointing fingers and yelling.  Much more philosophical and relaxed.

I have a brother that has the hugh house, name cars one after another, Italian sports cars, etc.  I don't think it is "the right thing to do" for the reasons many of us mention above.  And I might ride him a little in a fun way and stuff, but there is no outrage or anger.   

About 20 years ago I almost, due to urging by my wife, built one of these embarrassments.  Money wasn't and isn't the issue.  I knew better and we didn't, and I am thankful. We thought about it and just didn't do it.  If others want to live that way, so be it, but I see it as misguided ethically and morally and really think a lot of Americans don't think twice about it and just see bigger as better and the more stuff the better and don't care about the consequences or don't think about it.

I did learn at MU that our actions, inaction, and choices have consequences and moral consequences. I guess some of us think about this and some don't really care.  I'll continue to hope for a "better" society from my perspective.   

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
Marc Marotta’s Mequon McMansion

http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2014/04/28/house-confidential-marc-marottas-mequon-mcmansion/

it is comforting to know the attorney can leave his office in the US Bank Building behind him at the end of a day’s work and head to his custom-built lakefront home in the City of Mequon – yes, that’s in Ozaukee County — where he resides with his wife Kim Marotta, Director of Sustainability at Miller Coors, and their four children.

The first task is probably to find them in this cavernous dwelling, built in 2010. It has 17 rooms, of which 7 are bedrooms. There are 6 full baths and 3 half-baths in the home, along with “5 add’l fixtures”

Oh, we’ll find them later — off to the 5,605 square foot basement, of which 4,926 square feet is a finished rec room. That is a lot of recreating. Above is a first floor with 4,623 square feet of living space, surmounted by a more modestly sized 3,821 square foot second floor. Maybe it’s time to search around the 982 square foot attached garage with lake views and see if the kids are there, transfixed by the waves below.

This is one big house. It is located on N. Circle Road, east of N. Lake Shore Drive and north of E. Donges Bay Rd. in southeast Mequon.

Circle Road is true to its name, but it is a cul-de-sac with a reason, since it loops around an attractive chunk of land with only one access point. The western end of the subdivision still retains the original homes of the late 1950’s – early 1960’s that were built here. Some original residents remain. Others, like Ted Glorioso, have long since moved on. The Swiss-style chalet home built by Ozaukee County Supervisor (in a gentler era) and Swiss native Fred Bote remains, although he has died.

But it is toward the east side of the circular road that the street looks entirely different than its historic antecedent. The east side, especially those lots on the lake, has been almost entirely transformed as demand for lakefront property has marched relentlessly along its shore. Many of the original homes have been torn down to be replaced by very large homes like that of the Marottas, which hulk largely, and could as likely occupy a spot on a country club fairway as the bluffs of a beautiful lake.
The Marotta home had been the site of the Gettelman home for perhaps 40 or more years. That structure was of conventional upper middle class mid-century ranch architecture, with perhaps a few concessions (more windows) to its lake location. It sat nicely on its property, as did its neighbors. A passerby could actually see Lake Michigan beyond, and the neighborhood had a certain unity.

The homes on the north end of the circle abutted Virmond Park, an Ozaukee County-owned property that gives you a good idea of the “priorities that dictate” Ozaukee County when it comes to budget for and manage its “quality of life” public spaces. Precious little is spent on that. To the south, the subdivision was immediately next door to the Chalet on the Lake Restaurant, which ended its decades long run in 1991 when it was shot up for a TV movie on John Dillinger, where it stood in for the Little Bohemia resort.

The Marottas bought the 2.42 acre vacant lot in 2008 for $625,900. In April, 2010, they took out a permit for a $1,500,000 “new dwelling.” Today the property is assessed at $625,900 for the land, $1,625,000 for the improvements for a total of $2,250,900.

The Marotta home, with its tall ceilings and repetitive arched windows, looks like it longs to return to the cover of a Gothic romance novel. It does not sit well on its site. The home has a clearly defined main entry crowned with a turret with spikes! To the north a broad staircase leads from the elevated first floor directly to a grassy lawn below. Surely, a terrace should have surrounded the first floor, and the stairs should have led to a formally structured parterre. Instead, a row of recently planted trees emphasize the austerity of the dwelling.

By contrast, the visitor is encouraged to look at the orange structure to the south of the Marotta home. It could easily be overlooked, but upon closer inspection you can see a modern full-sized home dwarfed by the giant shadow cast by its neighboring McMansion.

Stepped up from Gazebo Hills, hey!
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
how many sq ft you got there, kin?

Got a nice sized bench in Virmond Park
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
Oh, a Twykenham Hills snob I see.  Spose you went to Stanley Clark too.    ;)

Good stuff!
Actually my oldest son did, stanley clark, CMA, now MU.  Not cheap!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2014, 05:01:26 AM »
Good stuff!
Actually my oldest son did, stanley clark, CMA, now MU.  Not cheap!

You hitting the river this weekend for smallies?  I hear the steelhead run has been outstandiing this year.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »
The reason they build these monstrosities is to house their enormous egos.  I can't imagine living in a house that it may take a 5 minute walk to talk to a family member.

Marotta lives in a welfare shack. 

Here is a "real home" ... just sold for $250 million

One Hyde Park penthouse sells for record £140m in booming London property market

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/one-hyde-park-penthouse-sells-for-record-140m-in-booming-london-property-market-9315808.html

Property experts said the top end of the London market “is looking as good as anywhere in the world” after a Knightsbridge penthouse sale set a new record for the capital.

An East European buyer is believed to have paid £140 million for the 16,000 sq ft apartment — more than 10 times the size of a typical London three-bedroom home — at the One Hyde Park scheme near Harrods.

Developer Christian Candy’s CPC Group said it had used “global professional valuation companies” to give the flat a potential price tag of £160 million to £175 million when it is fully furnished.

That would value the apartment at more than £10,000 per square foot, setting a new benchmark for London. The sale comes after some commentators suggested the long boom in trophy homes in London could be coming to and end amid growing worries over swingeing new property taxes after next year’s election.

Earlier this week one of London’s biggest landlords, the Duke of Westminster’s Grosvenor Estates, which owns swathes of Mayfair and Belgravia, said it had sold £240 million of super-prime London property because of concerns about overheating.

But more evidence of the insatiable demand for London property emerged today as property firm Capital & Counties said it had already sold £200 million worth of flats at its Lillie Square development at Earl’s Court just five weeks after its March launch.

The firm has sold 204 of 237 flats — which range in price from £600,000 to £1.4 million and will not be finished for another two years — to a mix of overseas and domestic buyers.

Chief executive Ian Hawksworth said: “Demand was overwhelming. It was so strong that we scaled up original plans for the launch.

“Overall I think it is a very sound marketplace at the moment ... London over the next five to 10 years is looking as good as anywhere in the world.”