collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 MLB Thread  (Read 52980 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: 2023 MLB Thread
« Reply #975 on: October 05, 2023, 06:06:10 PM »
I love Counsell as the manager of my team and I know Antanasio feels the same way. He ain't going to be fired.

I believe he has a sophomore son playing college baseball at the University of Minnesota and a freshman son playing at Michigan. Also 2 daughters at Whitefish Bay HS who are athletes. If I had to guess I'd say he steps away for 2-3 years and spends his springs and summers traveling around the Midwest watching his boys play baseball and his fall and winter watching his girls do what they do.

How about this for a real long shot. The Brewers appoint current bench coach and Counsell's former college coach Pat Murphy, as manager. And in a couple of years when Counsell wants to manage again, Murphy magically steps down. Doubt that happens, but who knows.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #976 on: October 05, 2023, 06:10:09 PM »
I love Counsell as the manager of my team and I know Antanasio feels the same way. He ain't going to be fired.

I believe he has a sophomore son playing college baseball at the University of Minnesota and a freshman son playing at Michigan. Also 2 daughters at Whitefish Bay HS who are athletes. If I had to guess I'd say he steps away for 2-3 years and spends his springs and summers traveling around the Midwest watching his boys play baseball and his fall and winter watching his girls do what they do.

How about this for a real long shot. The Brewers appoint current bench coach and Counsell's former college coach Pat Murphy, as manager. And in a couple of years when Counsell wants to manage again, Murphy magically steps down. Doubt that happens, but who knows.

I think Murphy managing the Brewers next year is the most likely scenario of Counsell steps down
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #977 on: October 05, 2023, 06:42:04 PM »
Well I'm not necessarily predicting anything. But the common refrain I have observed from older or retired coaches over the years is that their biggest regret was they didn't get to spend enough time with their families and they missed seeing their kids grow up ( the MLB manager who's kid plays Little League baseball for 5 years and dad never gets to see 1 game because he's either on the road or himself at the ballpark).

If I'm Counsell and I'm financially secure enough step away for 3 years to travel and watch my kids play B10 baseball or go to high school tennis matches or swim meets, there really wouldn't be any decision to make.  You only get one crack at those things.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #978 on: October 05, 2023, 08:33:38 PM »

Enough already. He can’t be fired.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #979 on: October 07, 2023, 05:38:13 PM »
When did the Twins steal the Marlins’ hate?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #980 on: October 07, 2023, 07:16:46 PM »
Go Dodgers!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #981 on: October 07, 2023, 07:43:00 PM »
Stay classy, Atlanta fans.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #982 on: October 07, 2023, 09:07:06 PM »
Dodger pitching is no bueno tonight.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #983 on: October 07, 2023, 09:29:25 PM »
Dodger pitching is no bueno tonight.

I’m sure some of the older guys have another comp, but I can’t even remotely process another definite HOF pitcher with a greater regular season to playoff discrepancy in performance.  He’s been shockingly bad numerous times, not just a random snakebite of an off day performance.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #984 on: October 07, 2023, 11:14:39 PM »
Stay classy, Atlanta fans.
That was such a strange play. I saw nothing in replays but the C’s reaction of bringing his glove back after the swing as well as no reaction after the call indicated there was contact.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #985 on: October 07, 2023, 11:28:30 PM »
I’m sure some of the older guys have another comp, but I can’t even remotely process another definite HOF pitcher with a greater regular season to playoff discrepancy in performance.  He’s been shockingly bad numerous times, not just a random snakebite of an off day performance.

I couldn’t agree more. He’s just horrible in the playoffs. Well, I hope the boys can regroup and dig themselves out of this hole. Not the end of the world, but losing game 1 of the series at home is ….. no bueno.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #986 on: October 09, 2023, 11:49:29 AM »
I think the Marlins are happy as well based off need.

But Lopez for Arraez will go down as a top 3 minnesota sports transaction

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #987 on: October 09, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
I think the Marlins are happy as well based off need.

But Lopez for Arraez will go down as a top 3 minnesota sports transaction

I guess you're also pretty happy with Correa now, at least momentarily.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #988 on: October 09, 2023, 02:04:43 PM »
I guess you're also pretty happy with Correa now, at least momentarily.

Playoff Correa is different

Hes also batting where he should be, 4th vs lefties and 5th or 6th vs righties.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #989 on: October 09, 2023, 08:20:33 PM »
Wild play to end the Atl-Phillie game.  Very good catch, poor baserunning decision by Harper, double play, Braves complete the comeback.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #990 on: October 09, 2023, 08:31:15 PM »
Dodgers starting pitching again stinking up the joint.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #991 on: October 09, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »
Wild play to end the Atl-Phillie game.  Very good catch, poor baserunning decision by Harper, double play, Braves complete the comeback.

I actually didnt hate that by Harper. Should have been a little more careful but he wanted to make sure he ties the game if it falls which is a solid risk to take imo

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #992 on: October 09, 2023, 08:37:49 PM »
Great call by Brian Anderson on that game ending double play.

Love that Olson is pumping his fist while simultaneously catching the last out to double up Harper.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #993 on: October 09, 2023, 08:39:20 PM »
You go half speed into second until you see if it drops.

But, he was trying to make a play and it bit him.   It won't change him.   This is a good thing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #994 on: October 09, 2023, 10:29:36 PM »
Great call by Brian Anderson on that game ending double play.

Love that Olson is pumping his fist while simultaneously catching the last out to double up Harper.

Thrilling ending, starting with the HR that put Atlanta up in the bottom of the eighth, and right on through the final play. I love playoff baseball (and basketball, hockey and football).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #995 on: October 10, 2023, 12:37:20 AM »
Dodgers starting pitching again stinking up the joint.

Last year they tank against the Padres.  This year the Dbacks have them on the brink of elimination.  What's up with these guys.  You win 100 games+ year after year, then piss it all away in the playoffs?  Unbelievable.  I sure hope they can pull off a miracle and win this series, but somehow I don't think that's gonna happen. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #996 on: October 10, 2023, 05:09:32 PM »
The real MN sports showing up today.

Shrinking every big AB.

Just brutal.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #997 on: October 10, 2023, 07:00:58 PM »
Last year they tank against the Padres.  This year the Dbacks have them on the brink of elimination.  What's up with these guys.  You win 100 games+ year after year, then piss it all away in the playoffs?  Unbelievable.  I sure hope they can pull off a miracle and win this series, but somehow I don't think that's gonna happen.

Roberts is way overrated.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #998 on: October 10, 2023, 09:38:12 PM »

Last year? SD had a good team who got hot at the right time, I guess.

This year?

No Buehler, no Urias, no Gonsolin, no May. And Kershaw is 100. Hard to win in the playoffs without any starting pitching.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2023, 06:01:46 PM »
Memo to Orlando Arcia....

Don't poke the bear.

feedback