[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269499 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #1500 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
Interesting how the last four byes are Big East teams. ESPN bias?

Actually, I do think it is a bit. We might have one in Dayton (Providence most likely) but it wouldn't surprise me to see those teams seeded in the 7-10 range rather than the 11 line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1501 on: March 11, 2017, 08:30:19 AM »
Vandy being ahead of us is a travesty.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1502 on: March 11, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »

It is. I don't see any scenario that they are in anything other than a play in game unless they get the AQ. First ever 15 loss at large. They will get in, though.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1503 on: March 11, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
Basically.

Need VCU

SMU or Cincy(hopefully both win today and end all doubt)

Midde Tennessee

And anyone but Bama in SEC
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1504 on: March 11, 2017, 09:50:28 AM »
USA Today has MU solidly in the tournament and as an 8 seed.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

USA TODAY Sports Bracketology: Duke vaults to No. 2, Arizona eyes No. 1 seed

http://usat.ly/2mwRcEq

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1505 on: March 11, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »

It is. I don't see any scenario that they are in anything other than a play in game unless they get the AQ. First ever 15 loss at large. They will get in, though.

Is it? They have an RPI of 33 and a SOS of 1....that's right....they number 1 SOS in the country. They also own 6 top 50 wins (1 less than us) and 11 top 100 wins (2 more than us). They have 3 top 10 wins (all against the same team), a road win at Arkansas (28), and a win at home vs Iowa State (24). You could make an argument for those 5 wins all being better than our 2nd best win. They do have one abysmal loss to Mizzou on the road, but all their other losses are top 100.

Really the only reason they were on the bubble was they didn't have enough Ws. The three in the last week (including two top 10) have changed that. Will be interesting to see how and if the committee factors in our head to head matchup. Keep in mind that it happened almost 4 months ago. Does it still have the same weight?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:42:29 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1506 on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »
Is it? They have an RPI of 33 and a SOS of 1....that's right....they number 1 SOS in the country. They also own 6 top 50 wins (1 less than us) and 11 top 100 wins (2 more than us). They have 3 top 10 wins (all against the same team), a road win at Arkansas (28), and a win at home vs Iowa State (24). You could make an argument for those 5 wins all being better than our 2nd best win. They do have one abysmal loss to Mizzou on the road, but all their other losses are top 100.

Really the only reason they were on the bubble was they didn't have enough Ws. The three in the last week (including two top 10) have changed that. Will be interesting to see how and if the committee factors in our head to head matchup. Keep in mind that it happened almost 4 months ago. Does it still have the same weight?

Mostly interested to see how they seed the first 15 loss at large team. It's never happened before.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1507 on: March 11, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
X may have just taken our bid.  These people that feel we are safe with everyone else winning are delusional

Currently 97.4% of the bracket guys are delusional.  Including Lunardi (ESPN), CBS, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo, Fox Sports

http://bracketmatrix.com/

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1508 on: March 11, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »

We also beat them by 24 on a neutral court.  They play in the SEC, which is essentially the AAC with Kentucky.  Put them in any other Power conference and they are not making the tournament.

They should dance, because they got it done.  But should absolutely be in a play in game. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1509 on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
No bama bid stealer

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1510 on: March 11, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
Currently 97.4% of the bracket guys are delusional.  Including Lunardi (ESPN), CBS, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo, Fox Sports

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Now at 98.3%.  115 out of 117 brackets say yes.  Of the two that don't, one hasn't been updated in two days.

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #1511 on: March 11, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »

So your stance has changed? This time last week - there was NO WAY Vandy would get in at Illinois State's expense...

Now they are safely in. And Ill State is by most indications - OUT.

Most people on this board feel like Conference tournament games have no real relevance outside of seeding...

So what changed? Illinois State made it to the championship game of the MVC..

This whole thread is a circle of (1) HOT TAKES, (2) backpedaling, (3) MORE HOT TAKES, (4) Backpedaling, etc.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1512 on: March 11, 2017, 02:51:48 PM »
A10 and AAC only bid stealers left? I suppose the CUSA, but I don't see MTSU ahead of us if an at-large. Even though Vandy is probably in, we probably want them as an at-large as they would likely be in the play-in game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1513 on: March 11, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »
So your stance has changed? This time last week - there was NO WAY Vandy would get in at Illinois State's expense...

Most people on this board feel like Conference tournament games have no real relevance outside of seeding...

This whole thread is a circle of (1) HOT TAKES, (2) backpedaling, (3) MORE HOT TAKES, (4) Backpedaling, etc.

Good lord.

Illinois State is in the MVC.  They beat no one to get to the championship game then got blown out.

Vanderbilt played the hardest schedule in the country and upset Florida yesterday.  Meanwhile everyone around them keeps losing. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1514 on: March 11, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »

First off all, you're a pissy little guy. Don't really get why you feel the need to attack those providing analysis. By all mean, provide something meaningful.

Secondly, did I ever say Vandy wouldn't get in at Illinois States expense? I've never really been in ISUs corner. They haven't played anyone but WSU in months, and have gotten smoked by WSU twice. Meanwhile, since last week, Vandy has beaten Florida twice. One of which was a conference game.

I am curious to see how the committee treats Vandy. They're in unchartered waters. How much weight does the committee put into the 15 losses? I tend to think that may push them to Dayton, but their resume is far superior to the Rhode Islands, K State, Illinois State, USC, Cals of the world, so they just may escape Dayton with 15 losses. Guess we'll see in 24 hours.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:21:01 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1515 on: March 11, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »
They're not gonna get in unless they do some damage in SEC tourney. They're gonna take an Illinois State, or a Middle Tennessee over a 15 loss SEC team.

That said, I wouldn't be completely shocked if they get to Dayton w an SEC tourney win or two.

If this is what you're referring to amen, I literally qualified the statement with the exact scenario that just happened. Vandy has earned a bid at this point with its back to back wins over Florida.

And I still think ISU may get in. It'll be close. Don't think they deserve to though. I also said that in my next post from the above.

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #1516 on: March 11, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
Secondly, did I ever say Vandy wouldn't get in at Illinois States expense? I've never really been in ISUs corner.

Your comments came after Vandy had already beaten Florida (for the 2nd time this year).

I'm well aware of their resume. They're going to take them over a 15 loss SEC team. If Vandy makes it, it won't be at he expense of Illinois State.

Literally said "won't be at the expense of Illinois State".

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1517 on: March 11, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »
Smu does their job today.

VCU in a dogfight. They are not good and have a poor resume. Make them play in Dayton if they lose

nyg

• All American
« Reply #1518 on: March 11, 2017, 04:06:56 PM »
Vandy getting smoked now, down 21........ 

looks like the SEC tournament over for them, just don't jump MU tomm. 

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1519 on: March 11, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Looking like a team playing 3 times in less than 48hrs.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1520 on: March 11, 2017, 04:10:05 PM »
If VCU isn't in the play in game for losing to garbage Richmond that would be the real travesty.

Why is this team so safe? Losing to Fordham?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1521 on: March 11, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
If VCU isn't in the play in game for losing to garbage Richmond that would be the real travesty.

Why is this team so safe? Losing to Fordham?

They are beating Richmond right now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1522 on: March 11, 2017, 04:17:35 PM »
They are beating Richmond right now.

Which has nothing to do with what I said

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1523 on: March 11, 2017, 04:20:47 PM »
Which has nothing to do with what I said

"If VCU isn't in the play in game for losing to garbage Richmond that would be a real travesty."

They haven't lost to Richmond this year. So where are you getting this "for losing to Richmond" business?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1524 on: March 11, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
"If VCU isn't in the play in game for losing to garbage Richmond that would be a real travesty."

They haven't lost to Richmond this year. So where are you getting this "for losing to Richmond" business?

The very first word of "if" should clue you in.

Then again. You don't know what a missed dunk is.