[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269391 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #1325 on: March 09, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
Jamil, serious question, if that win moved Xavier off the "last four in" and in Dayton...someone needs to slip down and replace them..What if that is MU?? How close is MU to falling into Dayton, ASSUMING they aren't already there??

What if that ISN'T MU??

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: March 09, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
After this Xavier win I am in the make it camp.

Wait. You are willing to bet that MU doesn't make it?
Because I will make a paypal account right now to make an actual bet with you.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: March 09, 2017, 08:56:22 PM »
Jamil, serious question, if that win moved Xavier off the "last four in" and in Dayton...someone needs to slip down and replace them..What if that is MU?? How close is MU to falling into Dayton, ASSUMING they aren't already there??

Check my last post in the seed thread. We are still one spot ahead of X, per lunardi who by the way is lower on us than most bracketologists. Our average seed is 9.6 and Fox and SI have us as an 8 seed.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1328 on: March 09, 2017, 08:56:32 PM »

Without knowing who Lunardis last 4 byes are, thats hard to say. We'll find out tomorrow. But they're not moving ahead of a team that swept them.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »

What if that ISN'T MU??

I'm hoping like hell it's not. Somehow I feel like you'd be okay with them in Dayton. To each their own.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »

What if that ISN'T MU??

Then it's Providence, Vandy or USC per Lunardi.
USC has UCLA tonight I believe, and of course PU/CU.  Vandy destroyed TAM, but we beat Vandy already.

Root for UCLA and CU and wake up tomorrow happy campers for now. 

Most believe we get bid, but now avoid play in game.  Just wish we won today and it would be moot point, but what fun is that.......

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: March 09, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
Without knowing who Lunardis last 4 byes are, thats hard to say. We'll find out tomorrow. But they're not moving ahead of a team that swept them.

Ask and you shall receive...

Joe Lunardi‏Verified account @ESPNLunardi 9m9 minutes ago

Latest bubble: LAST BYES Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Vandy; LAST IN Southern Cal, Syracuse, Wake Forest,... http://es.pn/2mNtqVD
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1332 on: March 09, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »

But it wasn't. Lunardi revealed his updated bracket on TV just now. He said Marquette was his 7th team from the bubble. Meaning we were the 2nd highest of the Last Four Byes.

The reason we weren't freaking out is because we've studied the bubble and realized that there were still at least a couple teams between us and Dayton.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1333 on: March 09, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »

Latest bubble: LAST BYES Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Vandy; LAST IN Southern Cal, Syracuse, Wake Forest,... http://es.pn/2mNtqVD

Well there ya go.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1334 on: March 09, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »
I'm hoping like hell it's not. Somehow I feel like you'd be okay with them in Dayton. To each their own.

I'm mean, I'd be ok no matter what Marquette's record is. It doesn't really affect me like that. But again, not getting a bye doesn't mean you didn't make the tournament. You can think that if you want to, but its not accurate.
TAMU

nyg

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: March 09, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Excellent.  Go Creighton........thanks

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: March 09, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »

Oh no.  I would much prefer them not to be in Dayton.

I just don't get your constant worry.  The evidence as it stands now SUGGESTS that they won't be in Dayton.  But you are right.  It's ultimately up to the committee and they may feel differently.  But again, if that's where you ultimately land logically, and there is nothing you can do about it, why let it ruin your weekend?

Tomorrow night, I am having dinner with one of my kids.  On Saturday, I have some errands to run in the morning, but my wife has agreed to make her lasagna for dinner- and its damn good.  I have a nice bottle of Merlot ready and waiting.  Maybe I will make a desert of some type to go with it.

So I will worry about Marquette on Sunday afternoon.  No reason to do it now.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: March 09, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »

Oh no.  I would much prefer them not to be in Dayton.

I just don't get your constant worry.  The evidence as it stands now SUGGESTS that they won't be in Dayton.  But you are right.  It's ultimately up to the committee and they may feel differently.  But again, if that's where you ultimately land logically, and there is nothing you can do about it, why let it ruin your weekend?

Tomorrow night, I am having dinner with one of my kids.  On Saturday, I have some errands to run in the morning, but my wife has agreed to make her lasagna for dinner- and its damn good.  I have a nice bottle of Merlot ready and waiting.  Maybe I will make a desert of some type to go with it.

So I will worry about Marquette on Sunday afternoon.  No reason to do it now.

Tiramisu?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: March 09, 2017, 09:06:44 PM »
Tiramisu?

Nah.  I don't really like it and it's too hard to make.  I'm thinking more of a chocolate hazelnut mousse that I haven't made in awhile.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: March 09, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
Well there ya go.

If the season ended today, we'd be in.  Problem is, bubble teams are still playing, and their resumes are getting better. Marquette's is not.

Providence, Xavier, Vandy; Southern Cal, Rhode Island, Kansas St, Houston, Cal; Georgia, and TCU  are still alive.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:12:55 PM by 94Warrior »

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1340 on: March 09, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
Maybe I will make a desert of some type to go with it.

Wow. Seems like a big task. How much sand will this take?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »
We swept them by an average margin of 15.5 pts.  We have double the number of top 50 wins as they do.  We be fine.

Hey quit being so delusional.

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1343 on: March 09, 2017, 09:16:37 PM »
If the season ended today, we'd be in.  Problem is, bubble teams are still playing, and their resumes are getting better. Marquette's is not.

Providence, Xavier, Vandy; Southern Cal, Rhode Island, Kansas St, Houston, Cal; Georgia, and TCU  are still alive.   

I'm not worried about any of those teams you just listed besides PC. And I'm not worried about PC, just have a hard time seeing us being seeded above them. But maybe their 2 sub 200 losses make up for their 2 one posession wins over us.

The reat of those teams? We're comfortably ahead of them.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:18:51 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1344 on: March 09, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »

This is true. They are the teams we have to keep an eye on....minus TCU, Cal, Houston, and Georgia. Those teams are so far behind us at this point that they would need to win their conference tournaments in order to pass us....at which point they would become an auto-bid and then the point becomes moot.

People forget, there is very little you can do to improve and damage your resume this time of year. If Baylor beats Kansas State, then all we have to worry about is a bid thief bonanza.
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: March 09, 2017, 09:34:26 PM »
This is true. They are the teams we have to keep an eye on....minus TCU, Cal, Houston, and Georgia. Those teams are so far behind us at this point that they would need to win their conference tournaments in order to pass us....at which point they would become an auto-bid and then the point becomes moot.

People forget, there is very little you can do to improve and damage your resume this time of year. If Baylor beats Kansas State, then all we have to worry about is a bid thief bonanza.

Tell that to Syracuse with McNamara. Went from being OUT before the BE tourney that year..won the thing and got a 6 seed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:21 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:50:04 PM by Dr. Vinnie Boombatz »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »

So.... Butler will be ahead of Villanova?  Not sure about the credibility of that particular metric.  Depends on the tourney, but right now most "experts" had us ahead of Providence, and they swept us.   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:50:48 PM by buckchuckler »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »
Wow. Seems like a big task. How much sand will this take?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1349 on: March 09, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
Wait. You are willing to bet that MU doesn't make it?
Because I will make a paypal account right now to make an actual bet with you.
NO  I am saying I am in the camp that says MU WILL make it . I am flip flopping with the course of events.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire