[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269422 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #825 on: February 28, 2017, 06:59:51 PM »
Meanwhile, Georgetown is up 5 with 8 to go.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #826 on: February 28, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
The problem with that is a loss in Dayton. We're we even in the tournament then? Scoopers would say yes, the rest of the bracket filling world says no.

Exactly...the exact reason i want to hopefully avoid Dayton..should they lose there, they are home before the "regular" tourney even starts, and it's like they were never in it anyway.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #827 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:08 PM »
Gtown up 1 and SHU with 1.5 to go. FS1

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #828 on: February 28, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
Gtown with just some brutal turnovers down the stretch here. 3 in last 5 or 6 possessions.

Seton Hal escapes. Just a terrible shot by Gtown. Hardly even got one off. Should have gone for quick 2 as SHU was still in the 1-1s.  Brutal.

SHU pretty much wraps up their bid there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:25:46 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #829 on: February 28, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
Georgetown two turnovers and then foul on three pointer. 

Thompson keeping Pryor on bench because 4 fouls, geez put him back in, Georgetown not going anywhere. 

And another turnover and Pryor not playing.  Now Thompson puts him in with 18 seconds.

Last five Georgetown possessions, four turnovers.  They had them, but boy those fumble turnovers killed them and last possesion, ugly.

Not playing Pryor?.....Thompson in big doo-doo.......

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #830 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
Man that ending was ugly, G-town really choked

muguru

• All American
« Reply #831 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:01 PM »
F you Georgetown, you can go to hell! The only saving grace is the hall goes to Butler Saturday, you expect them to lose that. Now we just need to be HUGE DePaul fans tonight. Icky i know, but they can do something useful for MU once, can't they??

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #832 on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »
Gtown with just some brutal turnovers down the stretch here. 3 in last 5 or 6 possessions.

Seton Hal escapes. Just a terrible shot by Gtown. Hardly even got one off. Should have gone for quick 2 as SHU was still in the 1-1s.  Brutal.

SHU pretty much wraps up their bid there.

Yup

Side note, Delgado has to be POY for BE.  Hope he gets it over Hart, well deserved.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #833 on: February 28, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
Yup

Side note, Delgado has to be POY for BE.  Hope he gets it over Hart, well deserved.

POY to a kid on a team that went .500? Not happening and shouldn't happen.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #834 on: February 28, 2017, 07:46:32 PM »
Yeah it's going to be Hart.....he is going to be one of the top guys for National player of the year so not sure how he isn't  BE POY.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #835 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
Yeah it's going to be Hart.....he is going to be one of the top guys for National player of the year so not sure how he isn't  BE POY.

Good point, spoke too soon, but kid having unreal season.  Swanigan from Purdue might get lots of votes, so we'll see. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #836 on: February 28, 2017, 07:53:43 PM »
In the past 10 days, Marquette destroyed Xavier and St. John's and shot 48% on the road in a tight loss to an NCAA Tournament team in PC. Seems to me their play is trending upward.

This sounds suspiciously positive. Many Scoopers can't abide by this!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #837 on: February 28, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »
Good point, spoke too soon, but kid having unreal season.  Swanigan from Purdue might get lots of votes, so we'll see.

Frank Mason too. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #838 on: February 28, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
Actually, I think the weight of evidence shows that MU is precisely the kind of team that would lose to an 11 or 12 but beat a 5 or 6.

That was my first thought too
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:07:03 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #839 on: February 28, 2017, 08:05:36 PM »
I ran the numbers anyway. 62 RPI if we beat Creighton and lose to Xavier, 65 RPI if we beat Xavier and lose to Creighton.

As valuable as road wins are, not losing at home is more important in that system.

That's up from last week. Ran the same numbers and our RPI was around 68. The bubble has been kind to us.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #840 on: February 28, 2017, 08:07:58 PM »
Indiana loses, their faint chances of getting back into this thing are shot.

Akron loses to Miami OH.  Another somewhat interesting bubble team that could have just maybe been interesting enough amongst all the carnage but pissed their chances away.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #841 on: February 28, 2017, 08:08:55 PM »
The bubble has been kind to us.

This year's bubble is softer than a baby's backside.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #842 on: February 28, 2017, 08:09:38 PM »
F you Georgetown, you can go to hell! The only saving grace is the hall goes to Butler Saturday, you expect them to lose that. Now we just need to be HUGE DePaul fans tonight. Icky i know, but they can do something useful for MU once, can't they??

Actually them going to Butler isn't a saving grace for us. They are in a no lose situation. If they lose no one will hold it against them. If they win they have another huge win on their resume. Seton Hall is in the tournament barring some crazy scenario where they end up in the 7th place game and lose to Depaul in the BET....and there are bunch of bid stealers.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #843 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
Akron loses to Miami OH.  Another somewhat interesting bubble team that could have just maybe been interesting enough amongst all the carnage but pissed their chances away.

Wow. Akron was 16 point favorites at home. Added bonus is that their RPI will drop a hefty amount. Could be enough for us to move up. People ahead of us losing is another way to increase our RPI!
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #844 on: February 28, 2017, 08:24:41 PM »
Actually them going to Butler isn't a saving grace for us. They are in a no lose situation. If they lose no one will hold it against them. If they win they have another huge win on their resume. Seton Hall is in the tournament barring some crazy scenario where they end up in the 7th place game and lose to Depaul in the BET....and there are bunch of bid stealers.

I'm talking about seeding for the BET. It doesn't look like it's going to matter much though, because of course DePaul sucks and is getting blown out by Providence anyway. *sigh*

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #845 on: February 28, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
I'm talking about seeding for the BET. It doesn't look like it's going to matter much though, because of course DePaul sucks and is getting blown out by Providence anyway. *sigh*

PC could still lose @ SJU and we win out and we'd could still get the 3. Not likely, but possible.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #846 on: February 28, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »
Vandy up 25-6 early at Kentucky. This is an interesting game. First gut was to root for Kentucky, but the more I think about it, I don't know. Gonna be tough for Vandy to beat FL on Saturday, and to get an at larger they'd have 15 losses. I think this year will be the year a 15 loss team gets an at large, but just not sure there will be enough of them to include Vandy... but if they hold on AND beat Florida on sat, they definitely pass us.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #847 on: February 28, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »
Vandy with the hot hand early in Lexington.

A win over UK should solidify their sub-50 RPI rating (keeping the shine on our win over Vandy).

Knowing that we're battling Vandy on the bubble (both on Lunardi's First Four In), should there be part of us that wants them to lose tonight?

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #848 on: February 28, 2017, 08:35:43 PM »

Providence is likely to go 2-0, and if we're talking seeding - that's not a bad thing since they have every tiebreaker against us anyways.

If we're in a 2-way tie with Seton Hall, we have the edge.

If we're in a 3-way tie with Seton & Xavier, we would finish 1st out of the 3.

If we go 2-0 and end up in a tie with Providence, so be it. That means we went 2-0, and losing that tiebreaker simply means we are getting the 5 or 6 seed.

Providence losing to Depaul or St Johns likely only helps us in terms of our overall NCAA tournament bid. The odds of us passing them outright over these final 2 is pretty slim.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #849 on: February 28, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »
Vandy up 25-6 early at Kentucky. This is an interesting game. First gut was to root for Kentucky, but the more I think about it, I don't know. Gonna be tough for Vandy to beat FL on Saturday, and to get an at larger they'd have 15 losses. I think this year will be the year a 15 loss team gets an at large, but just not sure there will be enough of them to include Vandy... but if they hold on AND beat Florida on sat, they definitely pass us.

I'm rooting for Vandy...1. I HATE UK and 2. anything to help MU's RPI/Resume at this point is welcomed. This definitely would. Now the key is, if we can get Georgia to cooperate and get their RPI into the top 50.