[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269373 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
That is good news.

We want Xavier to win today.

Do we? Not so sure.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »
Cuse down 20 on the road @ Louisville with 5 to go.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »
Cuse down 20 on the road @ Louisville with 5 to go.

This is what i'm talking about with not trusting the committee..Cuse really doesn't deserve to get in again this year, but I bet they do, and their performance last year will be part of the reason. It's not right, but that's what I mean by the human element.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »
This is what i'm talking about with not trusting the committee..Cuse really doesn't deserve to get in again this year, but I bet they do, and their performance last year will be part of the reason. It's not right, but that's what I mean by the human element.

I think they probably do. 6 top 50 wins. At worst .500 in the best conference.  Wins over Florida State, Duke, Virginia. If they lose their last game to Ga Tech and a first round exit in the ACC tourney, they may be close (would be the 1st team ever to make it with 15 losses) but I think they're fine.  Only major thing going against them in RPI. I fully expect Cuse to beat Georgia Tech in their final ACC game and make the tournament.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:04:56 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
X loses.

Monmouth wins (remains an enormous long shot for an at large)

Looks like Michigan State is gonnna knock off the Vadgers and likely be in pretty good shape

muguru

• All American
« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »
Not really bubble related, but UW has to be slipping towards an 8/9 seed right?? We have already seen the committee doesn't have a lot of respect for the B10, and UW is finally showing their true colors. I'd love for them to have to play a #1 for once in the 2nd round(if they get that far) and be out on the 1st weekend.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Depends on what they do at the B1G Tourney. My guess is they're a 6 or 7.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »
I'm happy for those MU fans who purchase Milwaukee NCAA tickets...shouldn't have to deal with the moron brigade this year.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #683 on: February 26, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
Depends on what they do at the B1G Tourney. My guess is they're a 6 or 7.

It will be interesting to see what the committee does with them...They have only 3 wins vs. the top 50 RPI, and their non conf schedule SOS is the 2nd worst(265) of any team that is projected to get in right now as an at large..only Va Tech's is worse. We already know the committee doesn't view the Big very highly(and rightly so). if they were to seed teams strictly by RPI right now, UW would be the last 8 seed(32 RPI).

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #684 on: February 26, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
Houston and Memphis In a good one 69-68 with 2 to go. CBSSN
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:58:11 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #685 on: February 26, 2017, 06:16:59 PM »
Houston and Memphis In a good one 69-68 with 2 to go. CBSSN

Houston hangs on for a 1 point win. Still a long shot for a bid.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #686 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:40 PM »
Ga Tech down 6 at ND at half.

USC up 48-47 on Arizona State at a half. Would be a bad loss for USC.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #687 on: February 26, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
Houston hangs on for a 1 point win. Still a long shot for a bid.

NIT bid that is.  You're about as goofy in the head as they come. MU's resume doesn't warrant them a bid at this point.  They'll have to win out in regular season and not get blown out in the conf. tourney.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #688 on: February 26, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
NIT bid that is.  You're about as goofy in the head as they come. MU's resume doesn't warrant them a bid at this point.  They'll have to win out in regular season and not get blown out in the conf. tourney.

The fuc* are you even talking about? I am talking about Houston. Ya know, a 20-8 team in a dog sh** conference whose best wins are Rhode Island and Vermont, that is currently on the bubble.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think MU has no chance to win another game - fine. But they are still very much alive for an at large. Educate yourself a bit before you continue to talk out of your ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #689 on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:17 PM »

I believe JJJJJ was referring to Houston, not MU.

I do think we need to win out to feel comfortable for an NCAA berth. But I think 1 win gives a shot as well. Could you please explain what about our resume in comparison with other bubble teams makes you so sure we are not tournament worthy when 90 out of 98 bracket experts think we are?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #690 on: February 26, 2017, 07:05:20 PM »
Ga Tech down 6 at ND at half.

In other news, Ben Lammers on Ga Tech looks like he's turned into a nice post player. Averaging 14.5/9.5 as a junior. I know he were in his final 3 or 4 Buzzs final year.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #691 on: February 26, 2017, 07:10:54 PM »
How long before X becomes a bubble team?  They've dropped five in a row, and the committee may discount some of their early season wins without Sumner. 

If we beat X on Wednesday, do we pass them in the at large pecking order?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2017, 07:13:34 PM »
How long before X becomes a bubble team?  They've dropped five in a row, and the committee may discount some of their early season wins without Sumner. 

They should be fine at 9-9 with that RPI. But if they drop their final 2, they're gonna be in trouble. They do end with DePaul.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #693 on: February 26, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »
Georgia Tech loses. Up to 13 losses with vs Pitt and @ Cuse left on their schedule. Probably has to win both of those to get an at large and stay under the 15 loss threshold that an at large has never had. Lunardi had them in last four in as if this morning.

USC loses to 12-16 Az State (RPI 135) and is going to find themselves much much closer to the bubble tomorrow. Now .500 in a pretty bad PAC 12 after the top 3.

It has been a good day.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #694 on: February 26, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »
Illinois beats Nebraska. Man Nebraska sucks.

FWIW, Seth Davis says Marquette "prolly" gets in at 9-9 on twitter. Don't shoot the messenger.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #695 on: February 26, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

I think, if they lose to MU they should be in trouble. Maybe the committee will think differently than me. However, assuming they beat DePaul and lose in the first round of conference tournament they will have gone 1-7 (?) in their last eight games. They would have clearly shown they are not a even a good team without Sumner. Throw in the fact that while they have a very high RPI they do not have wins against top teams. The RPI may say one thing, but their actual results would show that they do not deserve a bid. However, if they beat MU and DePaul they are safely in.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2017, 10:33:31 PM »
The fuc* are you even talking about? I am talking about Houston. Ya know, a 20-8 team in a dog sh** conference whose best wins are Rhode Island and Vermont, that is currently on the bubble.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think MU has no chance to win another game - fine. But they are still very much alive for an at large. Educate yourself a bit before you continue to talk out of your ass.

Awesome.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #697 on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »
Joey has Marquette has his 2nd to last team in on his bracket update this morning.  His last four are Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette and Vandy.  Has us playing Seton Hall in the play in game, which I highly doubt the committee will do. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think the best news here is that when you look at his first 8 teams out, there is a pretty clear delineation between us and them at the moment.  Remember that no 15 loss team has ever received an at large. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #698 on: February 27, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
2 teams we beat right in there too...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #699 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
Joey has Marquette has his 2nd to last team in on his bracket update this morning.  His last four are Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette and Vandy.  Has us playing Seton Hall in the play in game, which I highly doubt the committee will do. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think the best news here is that when you look at his first 8 teams out, there is a pretty clear delineation between us and them at the moment.  Remember that no 15 loss team has ever received an at large.
Any good news is good news.
How accurate is Lunardi historically? 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback