[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269497 times)

amen426

• Starter
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
The game was 62-59 with 6 minutes to play.

Quit calling everything a collapse. Pittsburgh blew a 19 point lead. Cal was up 16, and the lead is now cut to 1..

But sure. Biggest collapse goes to Creighton..

Providence is not a bad team. That's a good win for them. Huge wins for both them and Seton Hall tonight...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
Providence has won three in a row and are 7-8 in BE play.

Games left are MU, Depaul and St. Johns.   

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Gents we can't back into this one. We need 2 of 3 now.

SH and PV have an easy 3 down the stretch. They know it. They are hungry. I really believe 9-9 won't do it now. Before some doubt hut maybe.

All because it's getting crowded in my he middle of the BE. We have to take it!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »

I'll do the best I can.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:09 PM »
Providence has won three in a row and are 7-8 in BE play.

Games left are MU, Depaul and St. Johns.

Let's hope they look at this 3 game stretch the same way we looked at Providence/St Johns and DePaul following the Nova win.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »
The game was 62-59 with 6 minutes to play.

Quit calling everything a collapse. Pittsburgh blew a 19 point lead. Cal was up 16, and the lead is now cut to 1..

But sure. Biggest collapse goes to Creighton..

Providence is not a bad team. That's a good win for them. Huge wins for both them and Seton Hall tonight...

They scored 4 pts in 6 minutes.

You enjoy being a unnatural carnal knowledgeing idiot?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »
Kstate lost at least
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »
Oh good, we're heading back into panic mode now. There's been far too much positivity around here lately.

Butler 'bout to beat Nova too. 
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2017, 10:17:54 PM »
Kstate lost at least

So did Cal.

Not as good of a night for us as last night, but still a positive. Simply, there aren't many teams we are still competing with and some of them lost.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2017, 10:18:03 PM »
Cal coughed up what would have been a massive win against Oregon. Hooray!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2017, 10:22:06 PM »

SH and PV have an easy 3 down the stretch. They know it. They are hungry. I really believe 9-9 won't do it now. Before some doubt hut maybe.

All because it's getting crowded in my he middle of the BE. We have to take it!

Ehh. Stil think 9-9 gets us to Dayton. Just aren't that many teams with better resumes. But PC and SHU made things more interesting tonight. At the end of the day, we just need to take care of our own business (get at least 2 of 3), and what those 2 do doesn't matter.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Friars RPI now 53.....

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2017, 10:30:46 PM »
Cal drops its 3rd in a row.

Finishes with a freebee against RPI-killer Oregon State, before going on the road to Utah and Colorado. They need to finish out 3-0 to feel reasonably comfortable heading into the Pac-12 tourny.

Currently sitting a mere 1-6 against the top 50.

brandx

« Reply #538 on: February 22, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »
"The Bilas Index is the best and most reliable measure of basketball excellence and accomplishment known to man. It should be used for good and not for ill, for pure enjoyment and not for financial gain and should not be used to wager. If The Bilas Index is used in such a diabolical manner, our friends in the desert can be brought to their knees and an entire industry toppled. That would be most unfortunate."

Jay has MU at #33.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #539 on: February 22, 2017, 11:03:41 PM »
Why do people think if Providence gets in, we are suddenly out? There's room on this crappy bubble for both teams. I love seeing the Big East bubble teams win while the other bubble teams lose.

The two teams directly in front of us on bracketmatrix (K State/California) lost tonight. The team three spots behind us lost (TCU). Vandy knocked off Tennessee, strengthening our win and kicking the Vols out of the first four out. Yes, Seton Hall (right behind us), Syracuse (4 spots behind us), Illinois State (5 spots behind us), Wake Forest (9 spots behind us), and Providence (10 spots behinds ) all won, but I think it was overall a good day for us. Seton Hall or us will slide up to the 10 seed line, the other will move out of the play in game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #540 on: February 22, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
Why do people think if Providence gets in, we are suddenly out? There's room on this crappy bubble for both teams. I love seeing the Big East bubble teams win while the other bubble teams lose.

The two teams directly in front of us on bracketmatrix (K State/California) lost tonight. The team three spots behind us lost (TCU). Vandy knocked off Tennessee, strengthening our win and kicking the Vols out of the first four out. Yes, Seton Hall (right behind us), Syracuse (4 spots behind us), Illinois State (5 spots behind us), Wake Forest (9 spots behind us), and Providence (10 spots behinds ) all won, but I think it was overall a good day for us. Seton Hall or us will slide up to the 10 seed line, the other will move out of the play in game.

I agree with this analysis

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #541 on: February 23, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »
Jay Bilas has 8 - count 'em, 8 - Big East teams in the field, ranked as follows:

1. Villanova
21. Butler
30. Xavier
33. Marquette
37. Creighton
45. Seton Hall
55. Providence
67. Georgetown (written before they crapped the bed against DePaul)

He further says this about the "inconceivably weak" field:

"There has not been such a squishy, pliable, drippy bubble in the history of the NCAA tournament, nor has there been such a shortage of worthy mid-major teams. That is not to say that some cannot win games in the first weekend, or that Gonzaga cannot win the whole thing, but the committee is going to let in at-large teams that have more losses than the Washington Generals."

Seems a little crazy - but who knows?

Eff em all. Don't back down. Great that Providence won. Make Saturday sweeter. Warrior Nation.  Earn this.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #542 on: February 23, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »
Despite everyone freaking out last night, Lunardi moved us up 3 spots since Monday. In his updated projections, Marquette is the last team that avoids Dayton and plays 6 seed Oklahoma State in Orlando

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:10:18 AM by MuEagle1090 »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #543 on: February 23, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
Grabbed the last bye in Lunardis bracket.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #544 on: February 23, 2017, 09:06:49 AM »
Despite everyone freaking out last night, Lunardi moved us up 3 spots since Monday. In his updated projections, Marquette is the last time that avoids Dayton and plays 6 seed Oklahoma State in Orlando

Ok State would be a wild one. They don't play a lick of D either. First to 110 wins.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #545 on: February 23, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
Our biggest asset is our top 50 wins. Currently 5-5 against the top 50. But we have several opponents currently flirting with the top 50 line: Vanderbilt (47th), Seton Hall (48th), Michigan (51st), Providence (54th), Georgia (57th).

Unlikely that all 5 would get into the top 50. But has the potential to move our top 50 W-L record as low as 3-6 (assuming losses to Creighton/X) or as high as 9-7 (assuming wins @Providence, @X, vs. Creighton). Here's what these opponents have the rest of the way:

Vanderbilt: Mississippi State, @Kentucky, Florida (Likely 1-2)
Seton Hall: @Depaul, Georgetown, @Butler (Likely 2-1)
Michigan: Purdue. @Northwestern, @Nebraska (Likely 1-2)
Providence: Marquette, Depaul, @St. John's (Likely 3-0)
Georgia: @Alabama, LSU, Auburn, @Arkansas (Likely 3-1)

Using RPI wizard, here are the final RPIs if those games play out like expected:
Vanderbilt: 49
Seton Hall: 45
Michigan: 49
Providence: 50
Georgia: 50

Obviously...not a perfect system. Can't have two 49s and two 50s. What it tells me is that all of these teams would likely be in the 45-55 range. Michigan will be the team to watch. Two of the games I have them losing (Purdue and @NW) are considered tossups on RPI forecast. Win either one and they can solidify themselves as a top 50 team. Georgia @Alabama is another tossup that could go against us. We are actually currently favored to beat Providence at RPI Forecast so that would likely keep them out of the top 50...but I'd be more than happy with that.

In the end, lets just go 3-0 and remove all doubt eh?  ;D

EDIT: Looked at Pittsburgh too. They are currently 65th in RPI. They are likely to go 0-3 the rest of the way (UNC, @GT, @UVA). But if they somehow went 2-1, they also would have an RPI of 50 per RPI Wizard. So....possible.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:39:30 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #546 on: February 23, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »
Despite everyone freaking out last night, Lunardi moved us up 3 spots since Monday. In his updated projections, Marquette is the last team that avoids Dayton and plays 6 seed Oklahoma State in Orlando

I am part of "everyone." I did not freak out.

We're gonna win Saturday and cruise into the Dance!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #547 on: February 23, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »

TAMU--is it possible to direct me (us) the running list of legitimate bubble teams--or perhaps post it? You seem to have the best pulse on this topic. I've seen so called bubble teams in other threads that are not included in other bubble team lists.  I understand it is not an exact science, and it's fluid--but I would like to get a better handle on who truly are the bubble teams. Thank you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
TAMU--is it possible to direct me (us) the running list of legitimate bubble teams--or perhaps post it? You seem to have the best pulse on this topic. I've seen so called bubble teams in other threads that are not included in other bubble team lists.  I understand it is not an exact science, and it's fluid--but I would like to get a better handle on who truly are the bubble teams. Thank you.

Honestly, all i did was look at Bracket Matrix (http://bracketmatrix.com/). Hardly a perfect system but it gives a good sense of where you stand in the eyes of all the different bracketologists.

It hasn't been updated yet today. But I'd imagine that we will move up either two spots or possibly only one due to Seton Hall beating X. Syracuse could theoretically jump us as well with their win @Duke.
TAMU

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #549 on: February 23, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
Thank you sir.

feedback