[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269389 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2017, 10:26:01 AM »
11 seed (6th last team in) in Lunardi's update today. First round vs. 6 seed St. Mary's....in Milwaukee. Good job, Joe.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Because we wouldn't be able to play in our home court in Michigan, right?
Goal is National Championship

fjm

• All American
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
11 seed (6th last team in) in Lunardi's update today. First round vs. 6 seed St. Mary's....in Milwaukee. Good job, Joe.

Crap just reposted this in another thread. Didn't see this. Sorry.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:15 AM »
Those creighton and nova wins are keeping us alive.
This bubble is insane!
I really think 9-9 without a BET winner gets us in the first four games atleast.

I think so too, assuming everyone on the bubble keeps losing.  I really do think 9-9 gets us to Dayton.  10-8 were safe.  9-9 plus any wins in the BET and were safe. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2017, 10:39:36 AM »
I just keeping looking at the last team in.

Tennessee is 14-10 with only one good win (Kentucky) and a loss to Chattanooga.  Their SOS is pretty good though.

Arkansas is 17-7 with no real quality wins and losses to Minnesota, Vanderbilt, and OK State (their best win is @ Tennessee).

This is the bubble this year folks. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
Indiana in at 15-10, 5-7. Softest bubble ever?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:21 AM »
I just keeping looking at the last team in.

Tennessee is 14-10 with only one good win (Kentucky) and a loss to Chattanooga.  Their SOS is pretty good though.

Arkansas is 17-7 with no real quality wins and losses to Minnesota, Vanderbilt, and OK State (their best win is @ Tennessee).

This is the bubble this year folks.

And an awful loss to maybe the worst major conference team outside of Oregon State in Mizzou.  Arkansas also got their doors blown off by fellow bubble team OK State recently. 

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2017, 01:16:04 PM »
And an awful loss to maybe the worst major conference team outside of Oregon State in Mizzou.  Arkansas also got their doors blown off by fellow bubble team OK State recently. 
OK State isn't great but they are on the come up

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

Per Lundari, if we beat St. Marys, we would play the winner of #3 Wisconsin v #14 Bucknell.

Second round game between Bucky and MU in Milwaukee.  That would set an attendance record!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »
Per Lundari, if we beat St. Marys, we would play the winner of #3 Wisconsin v #14 Bucknell.

Second round game between Bucky and MU in Milwaukee.  That would set an attendance record!

Probably not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »

Except we can't play in Milwaukee because it is our home court.
"The better a team is, the more priority they have in remaining close to home, but no team can actually play on its home court if it is hosting tournament games (generally, games are hosted on neutral courts, so this is not usually a problem)"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
Except we can't play in Milwaukee because it is our home court.
"The better a team is, the more priority they have in remaining close to home, but no team can actually play on its home court if it is hosting tournament games (generally, games are hosted on neutral courts, so this is not usually a problem)"

So..i guess I never realized this but the way thats worded..MU COULD play at the BC in the tourney(in a given year) so long as they werent the host? Say..the Big East was the "host" in Milwaukee, would that then be allowable for MU to play there?
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
Could UWM host the tournament at the BC and then either UW or MU could play there? Or is there a financial benefit for MU that they wouldnt want to give up hosting?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »
Could UWM host the tournament at the BC and then either UW or MU could play there? Or is there a financial benefit for MU that they wouldnt want to give up hosting?

Marquette would have to play under some number of games at the BC to play there.  I think it's somewhere around 12 or something, but not exactly sure what the number is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Is the United center or the new DePaul arena 100miles away? Because I know it has to be past 100mi of your home arena and that'd be interesting if we could finally play in Chicago (I know the Allstate and Northwestern are under 100)
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2017, 03:20:13 PM »
Marquette would have to play under some number of games at the BC to play there.  I think it's somewhere around 12 or something, but not exactly sure what the number is.

I think it's 4. I thought I remember something about Villanova only playing 4 games at Wells Fargo due to that rule one year.

That seems low. Hypothetically, would not be able to play in a MSG regional based on our preaseason tourney, STJ game, and BET?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2017, 03:24:21 PM »
Is the United center or the new DePaul arena 100miles away? Because I know it has to be past 100mi of your home arena and that'd be interesting if we could finally play in Chicago (I know the Allstate and Northwestern are under 100)

You can definitely play within 100 miles of your  home arena.  UNC and Duke are always playing in Greensboro (50ish miles from Durham), Nova has played in Philli, Madison has played at the BC (and will this year), etc.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:27:23 PM by wadesworld »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:21 PM »
You can definitely play within 100 miles of your  home arena.  UNC and Duke are always playing in Greensboro (50ish miles from Durham), Nova has played in Philli, etc.
Not to mention UW at the BC.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »

You beat me to my edit.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »
Louisville has been at Rupp Arena, and UK has been at the Yum Center.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »
That seems low. Hypothetically, would not be able to play in a MSG regional based on our preaseason tourney, STJ game, and BET?

I think it does also have to be considered a home venue, which MSG would not be for us.

Also, that requirement is only for the first round. So as MSG is a regional site, we'd be able to play there (as would St John's).

I believe we could play at the BC if say UW-Milwaukee was hosting there, or if we hosted a regional in Milwaukee (maybe in the Silk Exotic Entertainment Center in 2019).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:06 PM »

thought that was 100 miles.

Don't know where I got this rule from. Maybe been having a recurring dream  :o
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
Anybody see that VCU GW game? My lord. VCU gets so lucky for the 2nd game in a row. Got a dagger hit against them to go down 1 with .4 seconds left.

Get a charge called on a defensive player on the inbound. Same kid who hit the tech free throw for VCU against St Bonnie when their fans stormed he court w less than 1 second left. Crazy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0mvROhD1A

For those of you that haven't seen it.

brandx

« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2017, 08:44:25 PM »
Anyone see the play at the end of the IU/Purdue game. Bryant drove to the basket. Swanigan tried to stop him. One official called it a charge - another called it a block. So, what did they do? Gave each guy a foull.

Sorry, but it can't be a block AND a charge. Unless blarges are part of the rule book now.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2017, 09:06:29 PM »
I think it's 4. I thought I remember something about Villanova only playing 4 games at Wells Fargo due to that rule one year.

Last year.  Then they got sent somewhere else and won the whole damn thing anyway.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »
Would have to at UWM's arena for us to play I think does not meet ncaa tournament requirements?