[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bubble Watch  (Read 269371 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
Lunardi's new bracket has us as a 9 seed playing USC and Gonzaga the 1 seed. Keep in mind USC is KR old school. Also i think we could take the Zags

If we can beat Villanova, we can beat anybody. But let's earn our way into the tournament first.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »
I believe it was supposed to be a home and home with Utah but it fell through. Only option was to get a grambling level opponent. Hurts more than it helps

I believe they put it off a year and still plan to play Utah next year, but we'll see.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2017, 03:24:30 PM »
I believe they put it off a year and still plan to play Utah next year, but we'll see.

The series had to do a Mormon mission before getting started.  Happens all the time.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »
http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

Well that is certainly a lot more negative on us than most. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »
I doubt 1 extra buy game would make a difference.

Bubble is very weak......

Trying to figure out how this dance card thing even works.  Their % chance of bids seem way off - not just for sure us, but everybody after the gimmes.  Even if it was % chance of bid TODAY, its still seems way off.  Never looked at this site before, so not sure how their numbers are intended to work.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
Lunardi's new bracket has us as a 9 seed playing USC and Gonzaga the 1 seed. Keep in mind USC is KR old school. Also i think we could take the Zags

Would be a good draw relative to getting that seeding.

But we'd be in Utah playing two west coast teams
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2017, 09:41:17 PM »

I believe so too. Makes more sense actually because now Bailey might get a chance to play in Salt Lake.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »
Trying to figure out how this dance card thing even works.  Their % chance of bids seem way off - not just for sure us, but everybody after the gimmes.  Even if it was % chance of bid TODAY, its still seems way off.  Never looked at this site before, so not sure how their numbers are intended to work.
[/quote

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04:19 PM »
I doubt 1 extra buy game would make a difference.

Bubble is very weak......

Georgetown ahead of us?
Goal is National Championship

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »
No, dumb is your response to it. If we got a 20th win against Grambling, it would hurt our RPI, SOS, computer numbers, and overall resume. The only way it would have been worth adding another game was if it was a top-225 team.

It was a smart move by Marquette's athletic department to NOT make a money grab by adding another crapcake, especially when you consider that so many of our opponents (Howard, Pitt, Michigan, IUPUI, SIUE, Western Carolina) have crapped the bed in conference play.

Believe it or not, St. Francis is proving to be one of our better non-con opponents from the RPI perspective, at least recently. 8-4 in conference and a legit contender in the NEC.

Actually u assuming i didnt know this is dumb.  There is a reason teams schedule the full amount of games and yes it would have needed to not been against a bottom feeder.  So my comment stands.  Go attack someone else, with your twisting of facts.  You sound like an obtuse old fool in black socks and sandles yelling from your lawn chair.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:56:57 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:03 AM »
I believe it was supposed to be a home and home with Utah but it fell through. Only option was to get a grambling level opponent. Hurts more than it helps

I was thinking this was the case, but was unsure if I was just creating memories. 

After all, I have thought for decades that it was the Bernstein Bears, not Berenstain...not sure what is what anymore.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:03:06 AM by forgetful »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:47 AM »
Actually u assuming i didnt know this is dumb.  There is a reason teams schedule the full amount of games and yes it would have needed to not been against a bottom feeder.  So my comment stands.  Go attack someone else, with your twisting of facts.  You sound like an obtuse old fool in black socks and sandles yelling from your lawn chair.

They schedule the full amount games for $$$$$. Nothing else.

As mentioned previously, they attempted to schedule Utah but it fell through for this year. There were no other options after that besides Grambling level opponents. Instead of going for $$$$$, they went for the RPI boost. Which as fans we should all be grateful for.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »
Bubble Games tonight:

Michigan State @ Michigan
Syracuse @ Clemson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
Bubble Games tonight:

Syracuse @ Clemson

MU v. BU    ;)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
They schedule the full amount games for $$$$$. Nothing else.

As mentioned previously, they attempted to schedule Utah but it fell through for this year. There were no other options after that besides Grambling level opponents. Instead of going for $$$$$, they went for the RPI boost. Which as fans we should all be grateful for.

+100

Exactly right, and beat me to the same type of statement. Once Utah fell through, there simply was no replacing them with a comparable value opponent. The athletic department did what was in the best interests of trying to make the tournament, which was to not play a 31st game that would have hurt our resume.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
Bubble Games tonight:

Syracuse @ Clemson

Wake @ ND
Texas Tech @ TCU
URI @ Umass
Vandy @ Arkansas

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
+100

Exactly right, and beat me to the same type of statement. Once Utah fell through, there simply was no replacing them with a comparable value opponent. The athletic department did what was in the best interests of trying to make the tournament, which was to not play a 31st game that would have hurt our resume.

Perhaps this is the case, but I recall reading a quote from Broeker before this season saying he didn't expect to fill out the schedule next season either.  I think it was in an interview with Matty V.

In any event, while I agree that scheduling a SWAC team to fill out the schedule isn't ideal, there really is no reason to leave a game on the table if only simply for win total optics purposes.  I don't agree with Sand Knit on much, but I do agree there. 

That said, if a scenario where a legit home and home was being scheduled (like Utah) and fell through, and at that point nothing but garbage was left, MU made the right decision. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »

Wait, it's possible we would beat TWO number 1 in the same year.  I have to seat down.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MuMark

• All American

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »

Now just hold on there with your name-calling.  Some of us wear black socks  because thats' the only color our Support-Hose comes in.  Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get inside before it starts raining. "Nurse, where's my walker?"
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »

You want me to twist facts? How about this fact: last year there were more at-large berths given out to teams with 19 wins (Vanderbilt, Texas Tech, Oregon State) than teams with 20 wins (Texas, Tulsa). Having 19 wins won't keep us out any more than having 20 wins (like last year) will get us in. And here's your original quote:

I believe we only have 30 games this year, chose to schedule 1 less than allowed. Dumb, the potential fifference between 20 n 19 in tge commitees eyes is big imo

You say nothing about a quality opponent, only that there's a difference between 20 and 19 wins, which is an empirically false statement. I made the assumption you didn't know that because you made a stupid statement with no basis in reality. I don't twist facts, I offer them as evidence that you don't know what you are talking about. And you write incoherently.

That last part doesn't provide any real justification to your knowledge base, but it does serve to make it easier for people to disrespect you. When you not only make stupid statements, but do so in a stupid manner, you're basically doubling down on your own stupidity.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
you made a stupid statement with no basis in reality.
#AlternativeFacts.  He's learned from the master.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
You want me to twist facts? How about this fact: last year there were more at-large berths given out to teams with 19 wins (Vanderbilt, Texas Tech, Oregon State) than teams with 20 wins (Texas, Tulsa). Having 19 wins won't keep us out any more than having 20 wins (like last year) will get us in. And here's your original quote:

You say nothing about a quality opponent, only that there's a difference between 20 and 19 wins, which is an empirically false statement. I made the assumption you didn't know that because you made a stupid statement with no basis in reality. I don't twist facts, I offer them as evidence that you don't know what you are talking about. And you write incoherently.

That last part doesn't provide any real justification to your knowledge base, but it does serve to make it easier for people to disrespect you. When you not only make stupid statements, but do so in a stupid manner, you're basically doubling down on your own stupidity.

Your wrong , reread ur original response. Simply wrong
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
We have no chance at a bid. Like Sand, the selection committee hates Luke.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
Your wrong , reread ur original response. Simply wrong

Mods, can anything be done about third graders in this forum?

feedback