'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Non Conference Results  (Read 112090 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Big East Non Conference Results
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
Oklahoma played at UT San Antonio and UT Rio Grand Valley this season.

Kansas State is playing at Tulsa after the MU game.

In 17 and 18 Virginia did a home and home with UNC Greensboro.......in 18 and 19 they did a home and home with VCU(Atlantic 10).

I could find more.

Bottom line ......it doesn't happen all the time but major conference teams do play H&H with schools from lesser conferences .....
Bucky is playing at WKU in a return match for Davison’s base line flop.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
Bucky is playing at WKU in a return match for Davison’s base line flop.

I forgot all about that game. That was brutal. Still don't understand that call.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #327 on: December 01, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
GT 38-29 at the half over St. John's on ESPNU.

Louisville 36-34 over SH at half on FOX.

Xavier 41-36 over Oakland at the half on FS1.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #328 on: December 01, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »
Not BE but nice to hear Buffalo escaped San Francisco game with a win. Maybe we need a thread on MU opponents.

Buffalo maintaining Creds is good for MU.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #329 on: December 01, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »
Powell taking some really questionable shots for SH.

Thought USF and Buffalo was a good game. Both teams seemed pretty solid fundamentally.

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #330 on: December 01, 2018, 01:19:34 PM »
St. Johns did a nice job today rallying from behind to beat Georgia Tech. 
UNC Grad MU Fan

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #331 on: December 01, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
Just saw the ponds stj highlights. He is something else. Big east doing well. SH losing to Louisville forgivable. Also ok for MU resume either way.

Things are looking up folks for 12/29. BE should be on firm ground. Table set for MU.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #332 on: December 01, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
Baldwin 1st team all Beast? Yea okay.  SLUs not bad, but yikes.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
Baldwin 1st team all Beast? Yea okay.  SLUs not bad, but yikes.

Lol.  It's one game.  He averaged 16, 5, and 3 last season.  I'd say that's a pretty decent bet to be one of the top players in the conference this season.  He's averaging 19, 6, and 6 this season on 50% shooting and just 1.5 turnovers per game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2018, 06:01:51 PM »
Lol.  It's one game.  He averaged 16, 5, and 3 last season.  I'd say that's a pretty decent bet to be one of the top players in the conference this season.  He's averaging 19, 6, and 6 this season on 50% shooting and just 1.5 turnovers per game.

Not sure where you're seeing those TO number because I found it at close to 4 per game.

Decent player? Yes.  1st team all conference? No.  I'd take Markus, Ponds, Powell, Govan, Paschall, Sam, and probably even Strus before him. 

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2018, 12:14:36 AM »
So there's only one Big East team that is still undefeated, and that's Shamorie Ponds.
I think the gameplan is pretty clear for the conference opener.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2018, 05:06:39 AM »
So there's only one Big East team that is still undefeated, and that's Shamorie Ponds.
I think the gameplan is pretty clear for the conference opener.

It's our opener, but St John's does open their conference slate at Seton Hall before they play us. Have to think at worst they'll be 12-1 though.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2018, 07:56:20 AM »
I think with SLU it was supposed to be a pretty savvy scheduling move. SLU was supposed to be a top 75 type team last year and this year. Things went sideways last year with some sketchy incidents leading to suspensions and a poor season overall. They have an almost power school  feel to them when they are good (Chaiffetz is basically a copy/paste of Cintas and their fanbase can be solid) so it could be a decent environment for the players. You also look at Butler, which has for whatever reason historically had one of the lowest budgets in the Big East, and they see and opportunity for a pair of decent games against a local school that only costs them a 3.5 hour bus trip each way.

SLU has a good team this year and will be even better next year(s).....Their weaknesses are 3 point shooting and FT shooting. But they are an NCAA team this year. They had a (near) sell out crowd yesterday, even had Red Panda at halftime so you know it was a big game for them. Strong local recruiting (past problem) mixed with other regions. Travis Ford has it going there a little bit.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #338 on: December 02, 2018, 08:45:29 AM »
Not sure where you're seeing those TO number because I found it at close to 4 per game.

Decent player? Yes.  1st team all conference? No.  I'd take Markus, Ponds, Powell, Govan, Paschall, Sam, and probably even Strus before him.

3.9 TO/game, so that's a problem. But he was terrible in non-conference play last year too before turning it around. Last year his usage went down & both efficiency & 3PFG% improved in conference play. He needs to get guys like McDermott & Baddley more involved. He certainly hasn't been good, but he's gotten better as the season went on before so I wouldn't write Baldwin off just yet.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #339 on: December 02, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »
Here's what gets me, and I don't want to speak for Goose on this, but I think he'd probably agree. We have heard ad nauseum about this being Wojo's best, most talented team in 5 years..and I agree with that. However, all he's going to have to do is make it in the tourney with better than a 10 seed, and people can and will say "see, this WAS Wojo's best team ever". Not hardly...if this team(Wojo's most talented/best team) gets in the NCAA's, with anything LESS than a 4-5 seed, it was a COLOSSAL disappointment, and to think anything other than that, you are just blind, or always love being one who wants to say the "naysayers" were wrong. 5 seed or higher, or it IS a HUGE disappointment. No other way to put it.

Uhhhhh no.

Getting a 6 seed would not be a huge disappointment lol.

I’ll be disappointed if we are a bubble team. But it’s not 5 seed or bust lol
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #340 on: December 02, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »
Trap game vs UTEP, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
Villanova 21 MU Creighton and The Johnnies also received votes.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
Here's what gets me, and I don't want to speak for Goose on this, but I think he'd probably agree. We have heard ad nauseum about this being Wojo's best, most talented team in 5 years..and I agree with that. However, all he's going to have to do is make it in the tourney with better than a 10 seed, and people can and will say "see, this WAS Wojo's best team ever". Not hardly...if this team(Wojo's most talented/best team) gets in the NCAA's, with anything LESS than a 4-5 seed, it was a COLOSSAL disappointment, and to think anything other than that, you are just blind, or always love being one who wants to say the "naysayers" were wrong. 5 seed or higher, or it IS a HUGE disappointment. No other way to put it.
Then you probably shouldn't speak for Goose, because he has stated elsewhere that he'd consider an 11 seed this year a success.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
Coaches poll Villanova 21 St . Johns Creighton and MU got votes. MU only got one point, so a little less love from the coaches than AP. A win over the Badgers could help the cause.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU_CHI

• Walk-On
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
Georgetown in trouble against Liberty tonight. Heard it here first.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »

Liberty good this year but still that mid-major "good".
They only lost to Vanderbilt away by 9 but I think GT better than Vandy. So I'm counting on a win.

BE has 10 games I think before this Saturday...hoping we will all of them. We have a chance to have a relatively high cume BE winning %. Which is exactly opposite of what I was fearing a week ago.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2018, 07:07:11 PM »

Hoyas winning 82-62.......it was close at the half.....so you get points for being half right.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Hoyas win by 10. DePaul is being DePaul. Trailing kenpom's #343 team Florida A&M 35-33 in the second half.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »
Hoyas win by 10. DePaul is being DePaul. Trailing kenpom's #343 team Florida A&M 35-33 in the second half.

Life without Strus not easy tonight for Demons.....

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »
I consider an NCAA tourney appearance a successful year.  Wojo needs proof to potential recruits that his vision is working n is in place.  The team will be very good next year and wojo needs a really good class this summer, pretty certain he can get it coming iff an ncaa bid.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.