Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68477 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
I believe Herro was injured and at maybe 50% in game. He went under the knife weeks later.

He was also playing with one hand tied behind his back, just to give himself a real challenge.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »
All I can say is I didn't see any Milwaukee Journal articles in sports section quoting this to-be senior in the paper last week.  Cheesy I believe might be all over this one with his insights.

Oh look, since Cheesy didn't have anyone to agree with him, he made a second account to give him some support.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TommyMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:06 AM »
Oh look, since Cheesy didn't have anyone to agree with him, he made a second account to give him some support.

The scouts agree with Cheesy actually.  Look over to your left and see those 2016-17 SOTG standings.  Pretty clear MU needs an influx of talent.  I can't be happier Fischer is gone and he led the way. 

If we can get Herro and Joey then we have a shot.  No more Fischers of the world leading us in that category. 

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:45 AM »
I think we need a GIF of Enrique Iglesias agonizingly singing Hero.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
I think we need a GIF of Enrique Iglesias agonizingly singing Hero.

How's this? Close enough?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:44 AM »
The scouts agree with Cheesy actually.  Look over to your left and see those 2016-17 SOTG standings.  Pretty clear MU needs an influx of talent.  I can't be happier Fischer is gone and he led the way. 

If we can get Herro and Joey then we have a shot.  No more Fischers of the world leading us in that category.
It's like you read a manual on trolling MUscoop and then followed it too well to the point where it's too robotic and obvious. Nice try, I guess.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »

*Yawn*

Go away troll.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2017, 10:37:45 AM »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2017, 10:38:05 AM »
I'm either bad at twitter (very possible) or they got deleted.
on his mom's repost you are correct but if you go to Joey's original commitment tweet there is some BS in the responses.

I will say that there are at least an equal number of classy responses from UW folks to his tweet and there was much less vitriol on the Bucky boards than i expected (the exact amount of hubris i expected though).  i'd like to hate their collective response but in general it's pretty rational. 

TommyMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2017, 10:47:56 AM »
I'm not understanding how I am a troll if all I am suggesting is we look into getting Herro to commit with Joey.  It wouldn't be that hard to get him to switch either as he is tight with Herro.  We need to do something to elevate our program to where UW has gotten the last 4-5 years.  Talking down their commits and recruits which is commonly done on this board is not going to get us there. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
I'm not understanding how I am a troll if all I am suggesting is we look into getting Herro to commit with Joey.  It wouldn't be that hard to get him to switch either as he is tight with Herro.  We need to do something to elevate our program to where UW has gotten the last 4-5 years.  Talking down their commits and recruits which is commonly done on this board is not going to get us there.

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2017, 10:54:25 AM »
I am not surprised NBA scouts are looking at Herro. I know someone in the Golden State organization has been high on him for years. Don't get wrong Joey is the deal and huge grab for us if he can stay healthy.

Herro increased his status playing EYBL this summer, which has helped him develop a lot. Herro is 25 and Hauser is 49 on ESPN rankings right now. Herro has great shot at Mcdonalds. Herro is more of a 5 star and Hauser is 4. Both great players though.

The coveted prize is Jalen Johnson right now. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes with Herro and get this kid. Landing him would gives us legitimate show at a National Title.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2017, 10:56:04 AM »
Now the Marquette staff will shift their attention to the point guard position and try to close out their class with Quentin Grimes who is the final piece to their puzzle.

With no schollies available, does Wojo oversign Grimes, knowing someone is leaving or is it in case someone leaves?  Obviously, with a talent like Grimes, you take him if he wants to come to MU but not sure if that means someone gets pole-axed.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
I am not surprised NBA scouts are looking at Herro. I know a someone in the Golden State organization has been high on him for years. Don't get wrong Joey is the deal and huge grab for us if he can stay healthy.

Herro increased his status playing EYBL this summer, which has helped him develop a lot. Herro is 25 and Hauser is 49 on ESPN rankings right now. Herro has great shot at Mcdonalds. Herro is more of a 5 star and Hauser is 4. Both great players though.

The coveted prize is Jalen Johnson right now. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes with Herro and get this kid. Landing him would gives us legitimate show at a National Title.

Yea and Steve Taylor was a Top 100 player and Davante Gardner was a two star recruit. What's your point?

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
What if I told you ignoring Cheesy would solve all of our problems? Would you believe me?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2017, 11:00:06 AM »
Mods, feel free to remove this if you don't want this here but because it's behind a paywall I figured I'd post

ESPN 100 forward Joey Hauser verbally committed to Marquette on Sunday, choosing the Golden Eagles over Iowa State, Notre Dame, Purdue, Northwestern and Wisconsin. Here's a look at what he'll bring to Milwaukee.

Why he committed: Head coach Steve Wojciechowski has been recruiting Hauser longer and harder than anyone else and the dividends paid with his commitment. Hauser's older brother Sam will be a junior on the team when Joey arrives on campus. The reality of playing together and accomplishing something special at Marquette was definitely a factor in his decision. Hauser has witnessed tremendous growth in the program and feels he could be vital piece towards the Eagles taking the next step.

"I think the family connection was too tough to pass up," according to Greg Stephens, his AAU coach. "Not only playing with his older brother but also allowing his parents and family to get to all his home games was big."

What he brings: A strong four man who is bouncy with the talent to drain three’s, beat defenders off the dribble with a drive game against like sized and bigger opponents. Hauser is a multiple position player at both ends of the floor. He stretches out a defense with his shooting ability and will get them into a full closeout and possible defensive rotations. In the paint and from the mid post area he will post up or face up and score with touch. More importantly if the defense switches he will then immediately roll into the paint and post the smaller defender. Defensively he switches comfortably with most guards and forwards due to his size and length. His footwork, fundamentals and ability to finish drives make him special. Marquette was not a strong rebounding team last year and look for Hauser to provide immediate help on the glass.

How he fits: Marquette will only be losing one senior next season in point guard Andrew Rowsey. The Golden Eagles led the nation in shooting three's in 2016-17, hitting over 50% from distance. Hauser fits right into the Eagles system as he will be an extremely valuable forward who will screen and pop to space the floor. One of the areas Marquette was not strong in was rebounding as a team and look for Hauser to change that when he steps on campus. His role will first be as a passer, complimentary scorer and rebounder. Marquette fans can expect Hauser to slide into the role of an impact player as a sophomore.

Who he reminds us of: When you look at his size, skills and frame he is similar to Austin Nichols who was a top 20 recruit coming out of high school. Hauser is stronger at the same stage and more of a gym rat. But the mismatch ability along with the shooting touch as a forward is in the same category.

How the class is shaping up: This is the first commitment in 2018 for the staff and it propels recruiting momentum as they head into the last period of the July recruiting calendar. Now the Marquette staff will shift their attention to the point guard position and try to close out their class with Quentin Grimes who is the final piece to their puzzle. The Golden Eagles also will have transfer Ed Morrow (Nebraska) as part of their 2018 class along with forward Brendan Bailey who will be 21 years old and back from his Mormon mission trip. For the first time under Wojciechowski this program will have a battle tested older roster in 2018 and will have a chance to stay old, which is a recipe for success in college basketball.

So who is transferring or who are we dumping or does ESPN not realize we have no more schollies?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2017, 11:03:12 AM »
With no schollies available, does Wojo oversign Grimes, knowing someone is leaving or is it in case someone leaves?  Obviously, with a talent like Grimes, you take him if he wants to come to MU but not sure if that means someone gets pole-axed.

Absolutely.  We have lost at least one player due to transfer every year under Wojo's regime.  Someone will be the odd man out with playing time.  It's part of the process of today's college basketball game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »

ESPN is historically the most inaccurate of the recruiting services. And that is one of the only ones (maybe the only one) that has Herro above Hauser. 247composite which combines a lot of the main recruiting services has Hauser at #35 and Herro at #40. And given all the comments that Freeport and other insiders have made about their attitudes....the difference is even greater in Joey's favor.

Don't get me wrong, Herro is a great player and will do well at Bucky (or somewhere else). Would love it if he had committed to MU. I think you just hurt yourself with the hyperbole you've used to describe Herro.

Jalen Johnson should definitely be a priority for the 2020 class. But he strikes as more of a top 75 kid. Solid player, want him, but I don't think he will be as make or break as you seem to be implying.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TommyMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
I am not surprised NBA scouts are looking at Herro. I know someone in the Golden State organization has been high on him for years. Don't get wrong Joey is the deal and huge grab for us if he can stay healthy.

I think we can still get Herro still Cheesy!  Love 49 but 25 would be much better.  We can't have him going to UW with that class they are bringing in this year. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2017, 11:17:38 AM »
Just ax 'im den, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »
FwIW, Herro in EYBL play put up bad numbers. Rough. Curtis far better performer on average.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »
I think we can still get Herro still Cheesy!  Love 49 but 25 would be much better.  We can't have him going to UW with that class they are bringing in this year.
Sybil?  Is that you?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »

Not just bad... borderline pitiful, really.  It's one thing to troll ironically or in a "so bad it's funny" kind of way, but I don't think this guy is trolling at all; the word choice, the timing, the themes, the ignorance... it's just so remedial that the only logical explanation here is that the poor sap actually believes what he's writing.

I don't know if there's a full-scale mental illness involved here, but it's horribly gut-wrenching to watch people who are obviously trying to cry for help completely botch their cry for help.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
These last 2 pages are funny.  Mr. Herro - if your son wants to come to MU, come on down.  Just the fallout from the UW fans would be too good to pass up.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »

Cheesy and Tommy?

feedback