Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68574 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
Got a link to the Bucky tears?

Just look at the comments to Joeys post.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »
Blood is thicka dan water, ai na?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:10:20 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
Oh HELDT yeah!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
Waitin' on Pops ta chime in, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »
And Bailey is coming over next year too!

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »
Freeport, do you know where WI PGE is this coming week? (and if Days will play up or at 16U?)

And... Ray Allen Select 16U Donaldson is showing up as being at the Las Vegas Classic... any idea where 16U Domask is going to be?

Thanks for any insights..
Days played with them this week. He is a good defender and rebounder, but still not much offensively. I saw they ended up losing in the finals. Watched a few of their games and Herro and Curtis had their moments. I thought Greg Foster looked a lot better too. Not sure if Plumb is done because he signed for football with Iowa a few weeks ago, but Trapp wasn't there either. Will MacDonald played with them - he is an Iowa State wide receiver recruit -- and I could have sworn they did not want him to play any AAU. They had Kareen Ozier, an unsigned senior playing with them and the big center from Milwaukee Pius who had previously left the team, Bilal. I think they played with 8 guys total -- one guys I had never seen.

I don't know about RAS Domask. Their is no NY2LA Vegas this year, which is listed on their schedule. Last year, Marcus Domask and Cole Nau ditched their team and played with Butler Elite in Vegas. Nobal Days was on that team with Matthew Hurt.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »
Days played with them this week. He is a good defender and rebounder, but still not much offensively. I saw they ended up losing in the finals. Watched a few of their games and Herro and Curtis had their moments. I thought Greg Foster looked a lot better too. Not sure if Plumb is done because he signed for football with Iowa a few weeks ago, but Trapp wasn't there either. Will MacDonald played with them - he is an Iowa State wide receiver recruit -- and I could have sworn they did not want him to play any AAU. They had Kareen Ozier, an unsigned senior playing with them and the big center from Milwaukee Pius who had previously left the team, Bilal. I think they played with 8 guys total -- one guys I had never seen.

I don't know about RAS Domask. Their is no NY2LA Vegas this year, which is listed on their schedule. Last year, Marcus Domask and Cole Nau ditched their team and played with Butler Elite in Vegas. Nobal Days was on that team with Matthew Hurt.

Yeah, I had heard Days played up this week.. haven't figured out where they're going to be this coming week.

I saw the same thing re: RAS Domask (e.g., their schedule refers to a tourney that isn't happening).. maybe I'll just hit up coach. Hopefully they can get into the LV Classic. I did go to a few of their games last year in Vegas (Butler Elite 15U with Marcus, Cole and Nobal -- Marcus by far the best that week)... I see Butler Elite has their 17U's in the LV Classic.. don't see anything for 16U... hmm...

You going out there?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
Welcome Joey - and congrats to the program.

So is MUGuru aggrieved that he can't bash Wojo and the program?  or am i missing the niche that the latent criticism lies?

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2017, 07:26:35 PM »
BY MARK MILLER
WisSports.net Editor

The pull of once again playing alongside his older brother was a big factor in the decision of Stevens Point senior Joey Hauser to commit this evening to the men's basketball program at Marquette University.

Hauser, a 6-foot-8 forward who is a 5-star prospect and ranked No. 18 in the country in the class of 2018 by Scout.com, selected Marquette, where his brother Sam will be a sophomore in the fall, over a final four that also included Michigan State, Notre Dame and Wisconsin.

Sam Hauser, a 6-foot-8 forward, averaged 8.8 points and 4.9 rebounds as a freshman for a Marquette squad that went 19-13 a year ago and qualified for the NCAA Tournament under third-year coach Steve Wojciechowski.

Joey and Sam Hauser played together on the Stevens Point teams that won WIAA Division 1 state championships in 2015 and 2016 under head coach Scott Anderson.

With both Sam Hauser and all-state guard Trev Anderson graduating in the spring of 2016, the pressure of leading Stevens Point to its third straight state championship fell squarely on the shoulders of Joey Hauser, who missed 11 games at the start of the season while recovering from a high ankle sprain sustained during the football season.

Hauser proved that he was up to the challenge as he led Stevens Point to yet another Division 1 state championship in an absolutely dominating performance in the state-title game against Arrowhead.

Hauser scored 33 points, grabbed 21 rebounds and handed out 4 assists in the Panthers' resounding 85-56 victory over the Warhawks at the Kohl Center in Madison.

A versatile player who can play multiple positions due to his vast skill set, Hauser was followed closely during the spring and summer open evaluation periods for club teams by the coaching staffs of Marquette, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Notre Dame, among others.

Though he had taken unofficial visits in June to Marquette, Michigan State and Wisconsin, and was followed exceptionally close by all three coaching staffs, in the end Hauser opted to join his brother at Marquette.

"Playing again with Sam is a perk of my decision to go to Marquette, but I want to go to Marquette because of coach Wojo and the time he invested in me as a person and player," Joey Hauser said this evening. "Having Sam there is a big bonus. He let the process happen and toward the end of my recruitment, he was my brother and helped me through the process without pushing me one way or the other."

Hauser joins a Marquette program that has a very talented, young roster under coach Steve Wojciechowski, who made both Hauser boys his No. 1 recruiting priority in Wisconsin virtually from day one of his tenure at the Milwaukee Jesuit school in the spring of 2014.

Neenah graduate Matt Heldt (6-10) and wing Haanif Cheatham (6-5) will seniors in Joey Hauser's freshman year while Sam Hauser (6-8), Markus Howard (5-11), Harry Froling (6-11), Ed Morrow (6-7) and Sacar Anim (6-5) will be juniors.

Incoming freshmen Jamal Cain (6-7), Ike Eke (6-9), Theo John (6-8) and Greg Elliott (6-3) will be sophomores while Brendan Bailey (6-6) will join Joey Hauser (6-8) in the freshman class after spending two years on a Mormon mission.

"Coach Wojo, during my visit to Marquette in June, had the Marquette roster laid out for me," Hauser said. "It's like a dream roster for him and I am really looking forward to joining that roster. They will be very good this year, and will be better in the future. It's very exciting to be a part of the program.

"Coach Wojo just wants me to be a basketball player when I get to Marquette. Of course, I need to be able to defend all the positions, but he plans to use my skill and height in different ways. I can post up smaller guys and get around taller guys off the dribble. But mostly he wants me to be a basketball player."

With his much-anticipated collegiate decision now behind him, Joey Hauser can enjoy himself in his final club event in Las Vegas next week with the Iowa Barnstormers before preparing for his final year of prep basketball.

Hauser and senior wing guard Drew Blair (6-3), a sharpshooting wing with several NCAA Division II offers, headline a talented Stevens Point squad that will attempt to win its fourth consecutive state title next March.

There will be plenty of difficult hurdles to jump over in order for that to happen, but with Hauser, Blair and seniors Drew Cullen (6-0), Brennan Mueller (6-1) and Max Hofmeister (6-0) leading the way, SPASH figures to enter the season ranked No. 1 among D1 schools in the state.

"It's a new year so things change," Hauser said. "We will have a new roster and have to figure out how to make things work and then work to keep getting better. At the end, you hope to play in Madison for the gold ball again, but it won't be easy because we have such a big target on our back.

"I am extremely happy to be in the position I am in. I am blessed to be in the position I am. I have to remind myself how lucky I am. As for committing to Marquette now, I had thought about taking some official visits in the fall, but it just felt right to make the decision now. I just didn't want to wait it out any longer because I knew where I wanted to go."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:18:48 PM by MarkMiller »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
Hauser will have an outside chance of being a McDonald's AA. Certainly helped his cause going with Adidas.

Curious what you mean with the Adidas part since we are Jordan.

Great news! This Wojo guy seems to know what he's doing on the recruiting trail.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
Neenah graduate Matt Heldt (6-10) will be a senior in Joey Hauser's freshman year while Sam Hauser (6-8), Markus Howard (5-11), Harry Froling (6-11), Ed Morrow (6-7) and Sacar Anim (6-5) will be juniors.

Incoming freshmen Jamal Cain (6-7), Ike Eke (6-9), Theo John (6-8) and Greg Elliott (6-3) will be sophomores while Brendan Bailey (6-6) will join Joey Hauser (6-8) in the freshman class after spending two years on a Mormon mission.

No Haani? :(

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:09 PM »
OhHerroChiTown

Herroshima

You win this thread
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:26 PM »
The balance and versatility of this team in 2018-19 is going to be pretty incredible.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
Massive get, obviously. I couldn't be much happier than hearing this, especially as it allows the staff to start focusing on 2019 and 2020. The 2018 team looks loaded and should be able to compete for the second weekend and possibly a Final Four. Though that was the case even before Joey committed... ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
Awesome news. Congrats to Wojo and staff but more importantly congrats to Joey for making an excellent decision!

2018-2019 is shaping up to be a beast of a year for us.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2017, 07:52:57 PM »
Rodent fans already having a go on twitter. Time to jump over to buckyville to see the aftermath.
Yup, assclowns showing their class
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
You win this thread

+1.  The entire internet.  For the year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
Love the "It's where I wanted to go." Great work by coaching staff and welcome to MU, Joey!

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
2outstanding kids from a great family
Great news for mu
Congrats joey, coach wiki and staff!!!

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »
Oops
Auto correct is a pain
Coach wojo

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »
His twitter replies are embarrassing
At least 3 of the responses were by ADULT Badger fans.  I can understand students showing little class because they are idiot kids (no offense MU students). 

Seriously, I questioned my own maturity simply checking for updates on his decision for the last few weeks.  But to go on a public forum and ridicule a 17 yr old's decision to play with his brother?  There is seriously something mentally wrong with people who would do this, no matter what fan base they are from.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »
But to go on a public forum and ridicule a 17 yr old's decision to play with his brother?

To be fair, he is an 18 year old!!!!!!  :)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »
Curious what you mean with the Adidas part since we are Jordan.

Great news! This Wojo guy seems to know what he's doing on the recruiting trail.

His AAU team is Adidas.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »
To be fair, he is an 18 year old!!!!!!  :)
Oh. Then never mind

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
I  don't know how confident Big Ddaddy was,but I was told in March he was coming here,from great Aau source.Home body that didn't want to be to far from home.Im dire Mom And Dad are happy  to be going to one arena. CONGRATS WOJO AND MU!!!!

feedback