[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Yi won't play for Bucks  (Read 1724 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Yi won't play for Bucks
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
Word out of China .. Yi will refuse to play for the Bucks "concerns about lack of playing time."

Not that I care one crap about NBA teams, but wow, what a terrible draft choice.  Pick a guy who refuses to play for you.  Nice.

The Lens

• All American
Re: Yi won't play for Bucks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »
Interesting b/c the Bucks have all but promised him a starting spot.

It's July 17th, none of this really matters until October.  Eash side with make bold statements in the press but eventually it will all boil down to whether or not David Stern wants to protect the integrity of the draft though he may tick off China.  Considering the Bucks consulted with the NBA HQ about drafting Yi before they actually picked him; I would say it’s a pretty good bet that Stern lays down the law and Yi is watching his Guangdong Tigers from Long Wong’s on Bluemound.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:20:06 AM by DamonKeysContactLens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »
Until Yi actually suits up for the Bucks, this will be an idiotic pick.  Why risk this nonsense when there were other outstanding players available who wouldn't put the Bucks through this crap?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 08:52:59 AM »
Because many draftniks reported that he was the 3rd best player in this draft.

The Bucks don't need this pick to make the play-offs, they need to stay healthy.

They have the ability to get a little agressive.  I like it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »
They have the ability to get a little agressive.  I like it.

They had the ability to add a great player in a very highly touted draft.  If there was any uncertainty AT ALL about Yi's desire (or lack thereof) to play in Milwaukee -- and by most accounts, he or his 'people' said he wanted to play for someone like Chicago or Golden State -- the Bucks should have passed.  As a Bulls fan, I was thrilled when I didn't hear Corey Brewer's name during the Bucks' selection -- I feel he has a chance to be the one of the top five players in this draft  He can do it all -- play defense, tough to guard one-on-one, can hit the long jumper.  He's also one helluvan athlete and has a pretty long wingspan. 

They have the ability to make the playoffs, sure, but that's more a statement to how weak the East is.  Once they get there, they're still well behind the Bulls, Pistons and Cavs -- not that any of those three teams are anything special.  It's actually quite sad that the two sure-fire franchise players in this draft are going to the Western Conference (not that I wanted Boston to have one, but still).